Thread: D&D MM Video

Default D&D MM Video

OK, I started with an idea of having people try and judge the speed of the boat from a video, however; know I want to know why the video is so poor. I uploaded a 720P MP4 video, it uploaded with no problem, but now is looks terrible. Any idea why?

But, continuing with my original thought, way back when I was racing 1980s & 90s we had no way to know how fast we were going (or whether we had made an improvement in the boat) except just watching. So with that in mind look at these videos and guess the speed of the boat. To assist you, this is not a pond but part of a 315 acre lake, each of these videos the boat is eating up more than a mile. Hopefully, several of us can try this and see how close people are on their guesses.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPyJnrdMf28
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9CXMd_Cd3Y

Oh yea, this is my wife's first attempt at ever shooting a video - can you tell? Also the video was shot with a Cannon Power Shot SX200IS still camera with 720P video capability. Hey the video looks better when viewing though the OSE Forum - must be majic!

Nice video Dennis and great job with the build.

You need to build a bigger sprint cat next!!! LOL

The first video looks faster to me. My guess is around 50 or so.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

I know you have run over 57mph with this setup, so I will guess you made it to 60.1 mph.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Nice video Dennis and great job with the build. You need to build a bigger sprint cat next!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Mike, I'd love to build a 36 or 44" Sprint Cat. However; when your old and retired money is more restricted. Keep looking at other hulls that I could move my hardware back and forth in and the "other" hull could be faster - maybe an old UL-1???

The first video looks faster to me. My guess is around 50 or so.
    ----------------------------------
    Blackcat 26, The first part of your statement is correct, but was it only because the boat was hopping and flying out of the Water. The second part of your statement is a little off, actually the boat was much closer to 60mph.

I know you have run over 57mph with this setup, so I will guess you made it to 60.1 mph.

The first video represents the boat running the Y537-3 prop with the strut flat with the bottom of the boat. It hopped and flew all over the place, not a good running boat but it ran 57.5mph.

The second video is the same except I moved the strut up one-eighth of an inch. The attitude of the boat was great - you could run it like this all day long. The speed was 57.2mph. Notice how you can see the Y537-3 throwing sheets of water in a circular motion. Don't think I've ever see that as pronounced as in these videos.