Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaKing 120 esc

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Im using the stock venom esc and motor in a rescue boat Im building.That way,I have a spare motor when the stocker craps out.No back-up esc though.The rescue boat should be a fun little guy to play with.
    I know you guys are having good luck with the stock motors, but I'd run that rescue boat on 2s with the ekos gear in it. Or you might need a rescue boat for you're rescue boat!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I know you guys are having good luck with the stock motors, but I'd run that rescue boat on 2s with the ekos gear in it. Or you might need a rescue boat for you're rescue boat!
    dude im just using 2 regular stick packs....
    not worried about the stockers just dont need to go all out
    with her
    but your right ...my luck it will burn up when im doing a rescue.......

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve95 View Post
    your pitch is 1.45 = 55mm....scotts is 1.4 = 56mm
    your rpms are higher with less prop but your travel is almost the same
    the wording mite be wrong but the idea is the same...
    im going with the 10's on 42's should have no problems and
    hit about 55mph...i like to just run it till my batts hit lvc......
    I am really liking the sound of those 38mm props. 1.45 pitch is slightly higher than the cf-40 which is 1.4, and the slightly smaller diameter will allow the motors to rev higher with less heat. I'm thinking the 38mm might be the perfect prop for the 9xl. Now I want a set!

dude im just using 2 regular stick packs....
    not worried about the stockers just dont need to go all out
    with her
    but your right ...my luck it will burn up when im doing a rescue.......
    I'm sure they'll be fine. Just teasin.

I might have to bolt on my 442's and try her out this weekend for a quick saw run just to see if I can scrub any more speed off this thing. I just dont want to burn anything up. 60mph would be cool bragging rights though!

Thats probably true,but Im gonna give her hell on 3s.I might run my 442' this evening or in the morning.I have to make adapters still.60mph would be sweet.Id be almost as fast as my buddies Apparation.Ive got a little surprise for him though-2 Align 600XL's 1650kv on 6s.

Forescott,try the 38's.Theyre awsome.I picked up 4mph.That was with them not sharpened or balanced.And theyre cheap.I think they are 12 dollars and something a piece.

I gotta have-em!

I gotta have-em!
    You have to try the 442's!I just got back from running with them.Got 64.3mph on Garmin GPS!Temps were 177 degrees with a 5 minute run.Its jumps completely out of the water.I ran out of room as the local spot is a hair short for really fast runs.I believe 66mph is very achievable.Try em,youll love the speed.I know I can beat my buddies Apparation for sure now.

No way! I'm impressed. That's really hot though. I already have the 442's bolted on and everything is lubed and batteries are charged. I was gonna run it tomorrow as long as I have calm water.

Sorry.I meant 117 degrees.Im going to a bigger lake tomorrow to open it up.Ill post a pic of where I mount the batteries so you can get an idea for yours for tomorrow if you want.

I still use the battery trays. 117 is much better. You had me nervous there for a minute.

You might want to take the tray out.Not telling you what to do with your stuff,but the batteries need to be moved way forward.Im going to try different settings on the stingers and batt placement tomorrow.

Here is where I put the batteries and GPS for the 64.3 mph run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is where I put the batteries and GPS for the 64.3 mph run.
    STOP STOP STOP.........................
    YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME
    i cant take it anymore....................
    10xls...120seakings....boca ultra ceramics....and x442...im in.

I havent looked at the kv on the 10xl's, but Im pretty sure you get more rpm with the 9xl's on 4s.Id buy the 9's.Soon as I get my rescue boat done,Im gonna run the EKOS again.Im positive I can get more than 64mph out of it.I ran out of room last night.

I ran the ekos on my 442's for the first time today. I couldn't reach full throttle because the front end was ready to blow over @ 50mph. It seems like the bigger the prop, the more lift on the transom, causing more air to pack in between the sponsons giving it more lift. The boat looks like an airplane wing @ 50 with the front end bouncing a lot. Weird because the boat is rock solid on my cf-40's. I guess I'll remove the battery trays and push my lipos forward like you Larry. I am a little baffled by this because everything I've read on this forum has told me that the center of gravity on a cat should be at or near 30% from the transom. I'm also considering moving the esc's in between the motors and putting the lipos in front of the motors in the sponsons to keep the weight as low as possible. Well see how it handles with the batteries forward a couple inches from their original position first.

You're right Larry, the 10xl has less kv. About 2400 I think. But they do have slightly more toque than the 9xl and might push the ekos nearly as fast as the 9. The 9xl may not be reaching its max rpm with a larger prop like the 442. Maybe the 10xl/442 is the perfect combo? I want to find out. C'mon scuba...Catch up!

I ran the ekos on my 442's for the first time today. I couldn't reach full throttle because the front end was ready to blow over @ 50mph. It seems like the bigger the prop, the more lift on the transom, causing more air to pack in between the sponsons giving it more lift. The boat looks like an airplane wing @ 50 with the front end bouncing a lot. Weird because the boat is rock solid on my cf-40's. I guess I'll remove the battery trays and push my lipos forward like you Larry. I am a little baffled by this because everything I've read on this forum has told me that the center of gravity on a cat should be at or near 30% from the transom. I'm also considering moving the esc's in between the motors and putting the lipos in front of the motors in the sponsons to keep the weight as low as possible. Well see how it handles with the batteries forward a couple inches from their original position first.
    I dont know much about COG,but it seems to like the batteries where the pic showed them.I still blew over twice.1st time was nailing the throttle when going about half speed.2nd time was moving at full throttle,but not top speed.Im also thinking about moving my batts in the sponsons too.My esc mounts keep breaking loose anyway.The battery tray comes out easily too.I just pulled mine straight up and out.It didnt harm the tray.If your wanting to keep yours and you mess it up taking it out,you can have mine.Ill never use it for anything.I got my rescue boat done a few minutes ago and when testing it,the motor coupler set screw flew out.So,Im still unable to run my EKOS for the time being.

You're right Larry, the 10xl has less kv. About 2400 I think. But they do have slightly more toque than the 9xl and might push the ekos nearly as fast as the 9. The 9xl may not be reaching its max rpm with a larger prop like the 442. Maybe the 10xl/442 is the perfect combo? I want to find out. C'mon scuba...Catch up!
    I wonder if the 9xl can reach its max rpm if given enough room?He needs to get on the ball and order his parts.Have you gotten the 38's yet?Ill be using mine for general running and the 442's for Apparation ass kickin.

OK......
    all are ordered except for the props..
    dont know if i want the 442's or 640's???????????
    cant find the 640r's...does anyone know if there outhere?
    looking for a set b&s so if anybody has a source let me know.
    i want the 640's but will take the 440's
    and by the sound of things i will have a extra battery tray soon too.
    i going to put the esc'c in the center and move the batts infront of the motors.
    that seems the sweet spot.

Working on mine right now.Also,taking the deans off and putting 5.5 bullets on the batteries and esc's.The deans where starting to turn black,so its time to make it right.Might take off the banana plug style bullets and use CC 4mm.Its gotta be pulling alot more amps with the 442's.Next purchase will be a data logger.I need one anyway.I decided not to run my EKOS till I get my rescue boat done-which I did.But,the set screw in the coupler on the motor side flew out and took the threads with it.Itll be sometime this week till I can make another pass with it.Im really hoping for 66mph.

OK......
    i going to put the esc'c in the center and move the batts infront of the motors.
    I dont know about the 640's.I just bought my 442r from OSE last week,and there where 4 in stock that where S&B.Look here and get those before they are sold out.What motors did you get?You should do a build thread for the new guys that are wanting an EKOS.And dont use deans!I thought I could get away with it,but now Im soldering connectors twice.Be sure you use bullets on everything.

OK......
    I dont think octura makes a 640 in reverse rotation. I think the 442's will work good on your 10xl's.

I dont know about the 640's.I just bought my 442r from OSE last week,and there where 4 in stock that where S&B.Look here and get those before they are sold out.What motors did you get?You should do a build thread for the new guys that are wanting an EKOS.And dont use deans!I thought I could get away with it,but now Im soldering connectors twice.Be sure you use bullets on everything.
    You can also look in the forum under products and serices where you'll find a thead called "prop work". From there you can pm chuck genge(username egneg) to sharpen and balance props for you at a reasonable price.

Working on mine right now.Also,taking the deans off and putting 5.5 bullets on the batteries and esc's.The deans where starting to turn black,so its time to make it right.Might take off the banana plug style bullets and use CC 4mm.Its gotta be pulling alot more amps with the 442's.Next purchase will be a data logger.I need one anyway.I decided not to run my EKOS till I get my rescue boat done-which I did.But,the set screw in the coupler on the motor side flew out and took the threads with it.Itll be sometime this week till I can make another pass with it.Im really hoping for 66mph.
    Have you thought of using these? EC-5 connector. Basically a 5mm bullet in a plastic connector. Great thing about these is you don't have to worry about touching the positive and negative leads together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im really hoping for 66mph.
    I'm hoping for 67.

You guy's are gonna cost me a lot of money!

You guy's are gonna cost me a lot of money!
    Whats another few hundred bucks when we have around a grand in some china hull?Hell,I just spent another $110 on used 6s motors and still have to get two 180 esc's and see if I can cram all that in the EKOS.I dont think I can stop.Gonna run with my buddy tomorrow after work.He has an operational rescue boat.Im really hoping on 66mph.Let me know how yours runs with the 442's.

I'm hoping for 67.
    If you hit 67mph,I have to find a way to get 68.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast