Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SeaKing 120 esc

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Did you replace the teflon tube that was inside the boat (flex shaft sleeve)? Or did you add a short piece of brass tubing inside the drive/stinger? Can you shoot a picture of that arrangement from me? Mine is still stock, so the teflon tube sticks out a few of MM's beyond the transom. It acts as a "stub out" to hang the O-ring on, and protrudes a little into the opening of the drive/stinger line a spline on transmission.

Thank you
    Boomer
    Boomer,I forgot to take a pic for you.I still use the stock teflon inside the stuffing tube.What I did was take apart the stingers.If you press the inner and outer bearing out,you will notice a teflon spacer that rides between the bearings.I replaced that with brass tubing of the same length and I think 3/16" diameter.The brass makes the stub shaft spin more freely than the teflon.If you take yours apart,you will see what Im talking about.Id have to take apart mine again for a pic,which wont happen for a long time I hope.Hope this helps you.

Nice! I like the new cooling hose routing, and especially the water exiting the fake exhaust ports.

Ran the boat twice today.It stays mostly dry with only about a 1/4 teaspoons worth of water that comes in through the stuffing tube on one side.Much,much better than before.I did flip it the 1st time out and the hatch tape failed.(Always does).Got quite a bit of water that time.It runs very solid and close to the water with the batteries in the sponsons.Ran the 38mm props today.Water was smooth.I didnt GPS it though I should have.Im considering selling my 380 9XL's and jackets.Thinking about 540's.Arc has some that are 4 pole and I think 2800kv for a little hotter 4s set up.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Ran the boat twice today.It stays mostly dry with only about a 1/4 teaspoons worth of water that comes in through the stuffing tube on one side.Much,much better than before.I did flip it the 1st time out and the hatch tape failed.(Always does).Got quite a bit of water that time.It runs very solid and close to the water with the batteries in the sponsons.Ran the 38mm props today.Water was smooth.I didnt GPS it though I should have.Im considering selling my 380 9XL's and jackets.Thinking about 540's.Arc has some that are 4 pole and I think 2800kv for a little hotter 4s set up.
    I have a pair to go in my EKOS hull when I get time to build it... Very nice motors & Fiegao black water jackets fit 36mm cans. I hope they do.... lol.. I should try them again to make sure...
    Nortavlag Bulc

are you guy having any problems with the cf-40 props?
    i shreded 3.
    put the 442's on and no probs yet with twice as many runs.

I never bought the cf-40 props.From the sounds of it,forescott hasnt had problems,but only he can atest to that.I run the 38mm from Kintec and 442's.Ive heard of people shredding non metal props,so me being paranoid,I dont buy or run them.Even though metal props cost more-especially when you lose them.

Have you upgraded your EKOS yet scuba?I never saw anything on here and I remember you were saying something about 10xl's a while back.

YES SER....
    posted in 4s like butter thread a couple ago.
    she screams now and stays cool for the duration of the packs
    approx.12-15 mins(5000mah 20c) top speed 58 ish average speed
    56 ish,,,flipped a few times untill i gotter trimed up but now she moves out
    corners great and stays stable enough for me to race my buds
    the 10xl & 442's were the ticket for me..i'll post some vids and pics in a little.
    how are you doing after the crash?
    she looks good!
    stick with the 38's and the 9's at these speeds she still handles
    good in the chop with out having to back off at least in the puddle
    i run in....

Ill check out your thread.Would like to see the video too.I got it fixed and strengthened at the same time.I posted some pics on here a page or 2 back from this one on this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456