Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SeaKing 120 esc

Default SeaKing 120 esc

I got my EKOS running again with 2 SeaKing 120 speedos.I ran it just a bit ago for about 5 minutes with no problems at all.None.Not even heat issues.After I pulled it out to check temps and put it back in,it ran fine for about 1 minute.Then,it stops,then goes about 1mph in a circle in the middle of the lake.So, I began walking to my truck to get my pole with the tennis ball while I was pulling on the throttle trigger off and on,then it takes off and I have control.When I got it in,nothing was abnormal.Plugged it in and it ran great.Anyone ever hear of this?The speedos are only about a week and half old.

Could be your receiver acting up. Did it get wet? Double check all your esc settings too.

I have the turnigy 120's in my ekos,(same as seaking) and they have been flawless so far.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Could be your receiver acting up. Did it get wet? Double check all your esc settings too.
    Just a hair wet once.But its been wet before with the stuffing tubes leaking.Nothing has been soaked though.I set it in the garage with a fan blowing on it since last nite.Should be ok.And I bought the speedos that came with the programming card too.They have 10 or 12 tuning options on them but they will only let me do 4.At least I can set the low voltage cut off.Thanks for your suggestions earlier.It really hauls a@@ now with the 9xl's.Got it to 50.1 so far on 4s with the 36mm props.Hopefully I can tune the stingers and get a bit more speed out of it.I also got the Octura collets and wire drives from Jeff too.Such a better setup from stock.

I am using ALL of the exact parts that you have on your ekos, except the turnigy esc's. You can run the cf-40 props and get just over 55mph. Truly impressive!

Ive been checking on here for the cf-40s but theyre not in stock.Added a watch for them.Cant find them anywhere else.Guess Ill just stick to my 36's for now.One prob I do have is that my 4mm bullet nuts feel loose on my prop shafts.I put a lot of locktite on them but they just dont feel right.Afraid to lose them and my props.Just gonna have to run lock nuts I guess.It does look sweet with the bullets though.I also put in 2 of the dual water pickups like you in the bottom of the hull.Works great and looks a ton better.

Hey forescott,which cf 40's do you use,the 4mm or 3/16?

I used the 3/16 with the brass prop adapters.

The 4mm props are threaded and dont use a prop nut, or have the notch for the drive dog. If you're careful, you could probably mod them to work with a dremmel tool if you dont want to wait.

Ill just wait it out.Its blowing over on the 32mm props as it is.Its not going but 47mph but I blew it over twice this morning.And there was a very slight breeze.

I have not yet had a blowover in the ekos. I wont run if its windy though. You might want to give the stingers a little negative adjustment. Remember when you change prop sizes you also need to adjust the stingers to compensate for the diameter change of the prop. The cf-40 will need more posotive trim than the 32mm 3-blades.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Ive been checking on here for the cf-40s but theyre not in stock.Added a watch for them.Cant find them anywhere else.Guess Ill just stick to my 36's for now.One prob I do have is that my 4mm bullet nuts feel loose on my prop shafts.I put a lot of locktite on them but they just dont feel right.Afraid to lose them and my props.Just gonna have to run lock nuts I guess.It does look sweet with the bullets though.I also put in 2 of the dual water pickups like you in the bottom of the hull.Works great and looks a ton better.

go to this web site he has all you need www.rcworldwide.com(i got 4 cf-40 & 4 cf-40L)
    ose has nice pics of items you want but thats about all(out of stock)
    i have a web site for just about every item on here...the only
    differance there (in stock)
    and www.kintecracing.com for the adapters
    all items were cheaper and shipped fast
    Last edited by scubasteve95; 07-30-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Good to know steve. I always give ose the first shot, but sometimes I just can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve95 View Post
    go to this web site he has all you need www.rcworldwide.com(i got 4 cf-40 & 4 cf-40L)
    ose has nice pics of items you want but thats about all(out of stock)
    i have a web site for just about every item on here...the only
    differance there (in stock)
    and www.kintecracing.com for the adapters
    all items were cheaper and shipped fast
    Went to rcworldwide.com-those props where 30 or 35 dollars each!A bit much,but if OSE doesnt get any in soon,I might have to swing it then.Also,Kintec has metal props sharpened and balanced in 37mm and 38mm two blades for a 4mm shaft.Just got my 38's and gonna try them later today.My buddy has an Apparation boat with a 540 1500 something kv motor on 6s, and Im only about 2 to 3 boats behind him when drag racing.MY EKOS has 380 9xl's on 4s with 36mm props.Sweet.

Went to rcworldwide.com-those props where 30 or 35 dollars each!A bit much,but if OSE doesnt get any in soon,I might have to swing it then.Also,Kintec has metal props sharpened and balanced in 37mm and 38mm two blades for a 4mm shaft.Just got my 38's and gonna try them later today.My buddy has an Apparation boat with a 540 1500 something kv motor on 6s, and Im only about 2 to 3 boats behind him when drag racing.MY EKOS has 380 9xl's on 4s with 36mm props.Sweet.
    If you can get ahold of those cf-40's, you will smoke your friend. The 40mm 2-blades make a big difference!

If you can get ahold of those cf-40's, you will smoke your friend. The 40mm 2-blades make a big difference!
    I think Im just gonna wait till OSE gets them in stock-they are cheaper.I have a watch added.I just ran my EKOS with the 38mm props and went 55.9mph.I think I need to adjust the stingers with these.I left them at setting for the 36's.Also the rudder too.It rides at top speed with only the props and rudder in the water with the hull pretty high.Werent you running 55 with 36mm props?

Nope, I hit 52, 55 with the cf-40's, then 57.7. What 38mm props are you using??

Never mind. Just found em @ Kintec racing. 37 & 38mm counter rotating 2-blades. Doesn't say the manufacturer, but its nice to finally see some different prop sizes for twin counter-rotating setups!

you have to hit the Currencies to usa (it defaults to hong kong)
    its on the right side and they come
    up at $4.50 each
    i did the same thing.
    just ordered 4 more cf-40s....$23.18 shipped 5-6 DAYS DELIVERED
    Last edited by scubasteve95; 08-01-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Good to know steve. I always give ose the first shot, but sometimes I just can't wait!
    i do too,
    but your right...just cant wait.

Tried to get them.It says incorrect format or amount or something when it comes to the pay pal page.Wont let me buy it.
    Last edited by LarrysDrifter; 08-01-2010 at 02:02 AM. Reason: misspelled

Got it figured out.Not getting them from there.They have a really strange way of checking out with pal pal or credit card.My 38mm props run good anyway.

You can send steve @ ose a pm and he might be able to give you a shipment update on them.

You can send steve @ ose a pm and he might be able to give you a shipment update on them.
    Steve said they should be coming in anytime now.Gonna jump on those.Ran my EKOS today and went 56.6 mph with the 38mm props.Temps are still low.I might be able to run 42mm props eventually.Trying the 40's 1st.I cant believe how well those little 380 Fiageo motors run.Only prob now is the one motor mount keeps coming loose from the steel mount on the floor.Have to take it back out AGAIN for the 3rd time.Im going to try the green locktite on the motor mount bolts instead of blue.

Interesting, mine haven't come loose yet. That is a great speed for 38mm props. Are they the ones from kintec racing? Did you balance them yourself??

Bronze Props 38mm X 55mm 38mm Dia x 1.45mm pitch = 55mm total pitch. Fits a 4mm shaft.

are these the props your using?

No, 57.7 mph on the cf-40's. That's the first I've heard of the 38mm props.

Can anyone tell me the correct timing for 9XL motors.

Cool

Can anyone tell me the correct timing for 9XL motors.
    That depends on how much amp draw you have. A safe place to start is low timing on most ESCs.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Interesting, mine haven't come loose yet. That is a great speed for 38mm props. Are they the ones from kintec racing? Did you balance them yourself??
    They are from Kintec.They come sharpened and balanced.I have a couple of Graupner 42mm cf that screw onto a 4mm shaft,but the one wont screw on.The threads arent left hand.Might drill them out and put a slot in them for drive dogs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast