Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can OSE get the Aeromarine BJ26 Hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by fshunt4lf View Post
    So overall whats the best hardware for the BJ 26 electrice.
    have you guys tried the twisted liquid racing skater system for the blackjack

Guys, the Fullers hardware is one of the better known out there. I think the strut Steve has on his site from Octura for a cat would be nice. With the skeg on the lower part. This can keep the ass-end of the boat from jumping back and forth under top speeds...it helps anyway.

The hardware from AM is lighter and I would use another.

No biggie if you need to drill new holes....CA or epoxy the old holes closed and touch up the paint.

Get the better hardware. Here is what I would run. I would get the bracket and strut and maybe use his other rudder without a taper.

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm

Great fourm!

Jeff,

www.rcraceboat.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have the TLR system on mine. Installation was cake (did not have to drill new holes).

I changed it before I tested the stock hardware so I am not sure on how it performs over stock.

Problems: Cant replace the bushing bearings(it has neither). the way it is made actually causes drag, water get shot strait up where the strut sits in the groove. (sorry I am not real strong on the terminology) but fixed that by closing off the grooves with some stickers (major performance increase). I plan on changing mine to the fullers as soon as I wear out the strut (it wont take long) it is already getting sloppy after 1 day.

Other than that it looks sweet, all polished and clean looking. I will post some pics if you want.

Sounds like you do not have the brass insert bushing in it. Check to see if it has a .250 dia on the inside of the strut where the shaft slides in. If it does I have those but also tell us what strut it is. You do not need the Fuller strut. You may just want to put some teflon bushings in it if it has a .250 ID.

Pictures can really tell more.

TLR doesn't put bushings in their strut. They just drill a hole thru the aluminum the size of the shaft. But if you like the way the hardware looks you could just try to find a better strut to replace the original one with. You would probably have to shim it to fit right.

Try here:

http://www.aeromarinerc.com/runninggear.asp

http://www.drcwebservices.com/ffe/hardware.htm

http://www.finedesignrc.com/hardware.asp

Then again you would probably be better off just going with Fullers Cat hardware. I've owned both and you just can't beat good quality stuff.
    Last edited by PropNutt43; 04-14-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: add link

That would be the poorest way to build it. I like their stuff but SS on alum is asking for resistance and trouble and wear and heat. Nobody builds anything like that. SS and brass makes a great surface. The teflon bushings are good as well but the teflon wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunda View Post
    Heres some pic of my blackjack with fullers cat hardware:D
    This BJ top speed is 51 mph...........
    Looks like a Fiego, and I can't tell what ESC. Any chance you tell what motor, ESC, battery, and prop combo it takes to go 50?

Default where

Quote Originally Posted by Tunda View Post
    Heres some pic of my blackjack with fullers cat hardware:D
    This BJ top speed is 51 mph...........
    Where did you order that setup men?!

My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12