Thread: Pointing out the obvious.

Lightbulb Pointing out the obvious.

Okay so its not hard to see the stock motor collet on the BJ26 will not hold the apache stock drive shaft, its ment for the flex cable right. right. Okay is there any way to make a stock apache drive shaft fit the bj26 motor? Dumb question but i have to know.

I wouldn't recommend the BJ motor in that guy, the weight in batteries and the torque from it will give you grief in the end. I would go with a 3000KV set up more like the Widowmaker, except for a beefier ESC (like the BJ 45amp one). That way you can be good on 2S and still cruise.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    I wouldn't recommend the BJ motor in that guy, the weight in batteries and the torque from it will give you grief in the end. I would go with a 3000KV set up more like the Widowmaker, except for a beefier ESC (like the BJ 45amp one). That way you can be good on 2S and still cruise.
    If i let you run it for a few min you wouldn't say that at all. Yeah its a little much for the boat as far as weight and torque, but thats what makes it fun. I can set the bats in the very back with the stock BJ26 prop (1.6 x 2.5 i guess) WOT it'll stand up like a street bike and prop torque diagonally across the pond. As far as the programming i only run it at 80% and it still catches my BJ26 running 100% in hard timing!

cool, I was going off my scratch cat I built the same dimensions as the Apache, and wasn't happy with that big of a motor in the lil guy. If you have run it and love it, then keep rockin! I'd like to see the wheelie!

As far as making the drive shaft fit, either check the OSE store, but if you don't find it, check with Jeff Wohlt at www.rcraceboat.com - he can make you any size you need. You just need to measure the stock drive shaft.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thumbs up

Ill try to get some decent video when i get everything balanced back out again. lol it sounds like a freaken nitro boat with my rigged drive shaft, but it still flies! I really really need to put turn fins on it as well, i kinda like being able to spin it out tho. Ive looked in OSE and sent them a message to see what they think but so far everything ive seen is not in stock here. Ill keep looking watching and posting tho. Thanks for your help.

If you put turn fins on it, it's just going to flip instead of spin out. Turn fins are not meant for cats.

Quote Originally Posted by v-spec View Post
    If you put turn fins on it, it's just going to flip instead of spin out. Turn fins are not meant for cats.
    I agree. BUT they do help.

Default Pro Boat Coupling

I had a similar situation with my Shockwave 26RS which I have just modified to brushless. I used the Widowmaker/ Shockwave 2900kv brushless motor and the coupling from the Shockwave brushless (ProBoat part number PRB 3156, $4.99) This is designed to connect a 5mm motor shaft to a 3mm prop shaft - this should be what you need since the Apache and Shockwave 26RS use the same 3mm-3mm coupler as standard. I also had to slot my motor mount slightly as it was maybe 1mm longer than the original, but it works great.

wheelies like this? here is mine!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sibSxqJVlUc
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM