Thread: Another burnt out motor!

Default Another burnt out motor!

First off, hello everyone, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now trying to learn more about FE boats from you guys.
    I recently bought the EKOS and had heard about the trouble with the boat, I was very nervous about running the it, soo, I bought new drive shafts & couplers from Jeff Wohlt's shop, got some wheel collars to keep the shafts, checked the water system for kinks and also checked the fixing bolts were the correct length, they were.
    Thought I had everything covered
    Went out to run the boat, and it must have lasted at least 3mins then lost speed, managed to get the boat back to shore, and one of the motors has fried!
    How silly of me to actually run the boat

I have now placed an order for two motors & water jackets from Jeff Wohlt just waiting for them to arrive and hopefully this time I will be able to run it without any issues.

Better get some 120 amp speedos.The stockers will be next.And get the venom pro machined props too.This boat isnt cheap to rebuild but if you wanna run it,you have to spend a few bucks on her.Read over my post.Just got done rebuilding mine and I love it.Good luck to ya.

Hi Larry, sounds like you've pretty much reworked the whole boat
    Hopefully I will get some use out of the stock ESC's before they give up the ghost.
    I had the boat running stock (except drive cables) with 4s 5000mah Turnigys, will have a look at some upgrades when I have some more cash.
    I paid £370 ($550) for a boat that should have needed no work done too it
    Cant wait to get it running again.

Mark