Thread: Swordfish 120 amp ESC

Default Swordfish 120 amp ESC

Guys, I'm at a breaking point with my patience. I bought the swordfish ESC thinking that it may be better than the other crappy ESC's that have come from China. Wrong. For the life of me , I can't get the stupid thing to calibrate to my radio. I have tried every setting on my radio. Started off with every setting at Zero or centered. Won't calibrate. Set throttle at High. nothing. Felt like winging that esc the wall.(Having a fit won't help and will cost money). So here I am asking for any of you guys that may have bought this ESC, please post up what settings you used or suggest on your radio. I'm using a M11 with DSM module. I read the instructions front to back. Worst Chinese to English EVER.
    Thanks
    Milton

Did you try reversing the throttle switch?

Leave the tx off and power the esc. Pull the trigger all the way back then turn the tx on. It'll beep like twice and then return the trigger to neutral. IIRC thats how i set mine...

Here is how I had to do mine EVERYTIME I POWER EM UP. Connect power, peg the throttle, hear the musical notes then after the first 2 or 3 short beeps let off to neutral. It then gives you the double beep for ready to go. Check out the video of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ajIhJ-NP0
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Thanks so much for the info. It's greatly appreciated. I'll let you know how it goes. Good thing I didn't wing the ESC against the wall . Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Here is how I had to do mine EVERYTIME I POWER EM UP. Connect power, peg the throttle, hear the musical notes then after the first 2 or 3 short beeps let off to neutral. It then gives you the double beep for ready to go. Check out the video of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2ajIhJ-NP0
    Is it necessary every time???? BTW I love red stripe....

I have 2 of the swordfish 120s and use the Spektrum DX3S radio I followed the calibration instructions on the little CD disk and it arms every time no problems it works great.

Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it to arm properly and it's super crazy fast.
    Milton

Quote Originally Posted by adamb View Post
    Is it necessary every time???? BTW I love red stripe....
    Amen to the Red Stripe! On my Aquastar which is the same as the Swordfish, I had to calibrate the throttle every time I ran it. I was using the Tactic 2.4 ghz. Not a big fan of these controls as I have smoked 2 or 3 and they have eaten 2 motors during their death twitches. Temps recorded were never over 130F at ESC. I have switched to the K-force/ HobbyWing 150a and love em! They have good power and have never let me down.

Amen to the Red Stripe! On my Aquastar which is the same as the Swordfish, I had to calibrate the throttle every time I ran it. I was using the Tactic 2.4 ghz. Not a big fan of these controls as I have smoked 2 or 3 and they have eaten 2 motors during their death twitches. Temps recorded were never over 130F at ESC. I have switched to the K-force/ HobbyWing 150a and love em! They have good power and have never let me down.
    Ouch that sucks.

I'm glad you got it going. I have three of these (aquastar versions) and they work great for me. I prefer them over the seaking 120's IME.

I'm personally scared to use the 3 I have laying around. Prolly put em on the Swap soon.

I'm personally scared to use the 3 I have laying around. Prolly put em on the Swap soon.
    That's how I feel about my castles that's sitting in the boxes. FWIW I've had them over 150 amps in the twin cat playing with some props. I've just put the third one in my JAE rigger. Just as smoothe as the UL-1 esc but with the timming advanced it gained a little more speed.