Thread: Delta force 33 6S+Neu/castle 1520 1y

Default Delta force 33 6S+Neu/castle 1520 1y

Here is my new boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIEUwuNdeoQ
    Hull is Delta force 33 cyberstorm
    motor: neu/castle 1520 1y
    esc: turnigy marine 180A
    battery: 6S lipo

Looks great, you can try propping up to X442 and up to X642, X645 for more speeds. Here's my setup with turn fins.

Quote Originally Posted by matti1983 View Post
    Here is my new boat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIEUwuNdeoQ
    Hull is Delta force 33 cyberstorm
    motor: neu/castle 1520 1y
    esc: turnigy marine 180A
    battery: 6S lipo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Also, I like how your boat turns left even without the left turn fin....
    You may concider to do longer runs at full throttle to save on ESC temperature....
    Wicked boat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    Looks great, you can try propping up to X442 and up to X642, X645 for more speeds. Here's my setup with turn fins.
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

How long have u been running the Turnigy ESC with 6s?

thanks in advance
    There is a very thin line between Hobby and Mental Illness...

Quote Originally Posted by Atmovat View Post
    How long have u been running the Turnigy ESC with 6s?

thanks in advance
    this is first time, so not so meny minutes

OK just be careful...

I dont want to scary u,but i think that this speed control will not survive the continious use of 6s bat...
    There is a very thin line between Hobby and Mental Illness...

Are you using your ESC bec or external bec with this ESC?
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Using (Seaking (turnigy) 180 with NEU 1527/1Y on 6S with X447/3 prop. No problem at all.
    External receiver battery. Can't use BEC with 6S.

I also run a 1515/1Y in my DF33 with X447/3 prop, CC 240LV, 4S, separate battery pack.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

My set up is the same hull. 1521 1Y, 6s 5000 turnigy, 180 turnigy esc using the bec, and a 3/447. This set does the mile course and milling lap no trouble. The speeds are very quick, a lot quicker than yours. I think you can go a lot biiger in prop yet. I have not read that you cant use the bec on 6s???????? I have ran this set up about 30 times with no trouble at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbiworld View Post
    I have not read that you cant use the bec on 6s???????? I have ran this set up about 30 times with no trouble at all.
    The manufacturer and instructions do not state that you cannot run it with BEC up to 6S, however I dont know of any ESC that has the BEC function and allows you to run it to full cell capacity while using the BEC capability. But I do know of at least 4 manufacturers that warn you NOT TO run the BEC above 3S or 12 cells nimh. These would be Schulze, Castle Creations, MGM and Jeti. Theres probably more but when it comes to the switching BEC function on an ESC the recommendations are pretty clear.

Take it with a grain of salt if you want. There have been enough users of the Seaking and Turnigy owners who smoked their BEC function on their ESC. Did they do it on 5S or 6S? I have not tracked them. I just know from experience that on any ESC I use it gets a UBEC or a battery pack on any setup over 4S.

John
    Change is the one Constant

looks decent with the S215 on it
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

The manufacturer and instructions do not state that you cannot run it with BEC up to 6S, however I dont know of any ESC that has the BEC function and allows you to run it to full cell capacity while using the BEC capability. But I do know of at least 4 manufacturers that warn you NOT TO run the BEC above 3S or 12 cells nimh. These would be Schulze, Castle Creations, MGM and Jeti. Theres probably more but when it comes to the switching BEC function on an ESC the recommendations are pretty clear.
    I have used most of the controllers listed on 6s with the bec working. The simply method of cutting the red wire from the esc doesnt turn the bec off, it just stops power getting to the reciever. Unless there is a switch or programing to turn it off, it just runs all the time regardless. I am no expert, but dont see what difference it makes how many volts are supplied to the esc, the bec still has output at the regulated voltage. The techs at Castle comfirmed this in an email. If anyone can shine any lite on this, please try.

this boat is now painted https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14871

the esc bec broke but the esc still works with external bec.