Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lipo puffed when not used in storage?

The reason they are stored based on capacity is because a pack can reach just about full voltage way before the pack is full. Your 4000 pack at 2000 mAh is 50% not 60%. 60% of a 4000 mAh pack would be 2400 mAh roughly. Most newer chargers such as the Hyperion line we sell offer store mode which will either charge to 60% or will discharge to 60% based on the packs current charge status.

Jason

[QUOTE=To help fight this issue store packs at 60% of their rated capacity if they are going to sit for a week or more. [/QUOTE]

Thank you Jason you replied exactly what I wanted to know!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he said like, to take your example, discharge a 4000 pack with the charger then charge it up to 60% by capacity, that is 2400mAh. If the charger has a mAh charge limit, set it to the needed value.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
    - Mark Twain

Here's what i have discovered from dissecting a bad lipo.................

Inside the shrink is a thick wrap lengthwise around the lipo cells. Inside the thick wrap is what i can only describe as a "tin foil" sealed bag that the cells are in. In the cases of two of my puffed lipos, the air was actually inside the sealed bag.............not under the shrink. Inside the "bag" is the Lithium material that looks like pecan pie filling, and smells awful.

This pic one was not one of my puffed ones...................something happened to it, forget what, but it died, so i dissected this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12