Thread: My New Fleet

Cool My New Fleet

Picked up 3 used Mini C's on Ebay this week that were listed as "parts boats"

When they arrived I was surprised to see just how "mini" they really are! They sure are tiny little buggers, they should be fun to use in the pool and small ponds...and easy/inexpensive to make fast.

I am happy to report that out of everything I received I was able to get 2 perfect Mini C's ready to hit the water, and the 3rd one just needs a new steering servo and a rubber boot for the antenna. It also has a small crack near the top rear corner of the boat that I will fix as well to ensure no water enters the boat. Other than that all three of them look brand new, even the boat stands still have the original plastic around them.

It took some testing, bath tub time, and part swapping between two of them to get the two perfect boats, but only having to replace a steering servo in the 3rd one is a simple, inexpensive fix.. I got lucky...this time

Here is a picture of them:

I will be selling 1 of them for sure, and probably a 2nd one as well once I get the other one working. So if interested feel free to PM me but for sure watch the Swap section for a listing soon.

Can't wait for the weather to clear up so I can take them for a spin!

I did the same but not so lucky, i cant walk very far away from them and they start glitching so i sold 2 of them and now have abunch of leftover parts and the 3rd one still doesnt work right....

Hmm...well I guess I wont know about the glitching until I can test them outdoors.

Hopefully I dont have the same problem.. that wouldnt be good!

I thought the same as you but i took mine outside and could only get probly 15 or 20 feet away and they all would start glitching , hope yours are better than mine...

Well just took them out...the two that work right now that is, and I was able to get about 50 ft I am guessing before they started acting up. I honestly didnt notice any glitching at all driving around until I purposely tried to see how far I could go.

These boats are so small 30-40 ft from you is way out there lol..and for the speed they go it is plenty of room to cruise around.

I am guessing that mine aren't having really any problems like you were, but rather the stock transmitter and/or reciever just aren't all that great.

Anyone upgrading them though has to take that out anyways on this boat, so stock I think it works fine. Will get some videos up soon!

There was a 6' Gator in my pond that came after the boat and scared the crap out of me so I had to call it quits and will be using a different pond until animal control comes and gets it lol

Eek we just got killer turtles they seam to come after the boats, crazy i no.

Can someone tell me what the name of the connector on the batteries for these things are? I just bought some lipos but they need new connectors and I for the life of me have no idea what they are called so I can even look for them.

Thanks!

Can't remember what their official term is, but here is a link to them http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJNS3&P=7

Cheapbatterypacks has them as an option on their battery packs. I've melted more than one though on 3s. If that's what your lipo is, go to a deans or other type that will handle higher amps.

Those might be the jst plugs.

I ended up going to R2 hobbies and buying a bunch of 10pack deans copy plugs. they are resonably small and the lipo's will work with larger boats also, up to about 60 amps I guess. They are cheap enough that I bought a bunch to change all my stuff over to them.

ncie pic of your "fleet". I have a marina with nine mini-v's!

Brian