Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miss Geico - Speed Estimates?

Yea, I agree, they will all have issues cause of mass production.
    Well, when the hobby shop opens, I will see I any of the 3 they have are correct flex cables, then I will buy it.
    I was leary cause of the bj handing, but if you say it's better, I'm sold.
    I've wanted to get a proboat for a long time, was waiting for this to come out, just didn't want to buy it and have it sit till the cables were readily avail

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    Just was choked to hear about the newer release having issues already
    If it's any consolation to you... it's a REALLY nice quality, wrong flex cable!

Bummer that this happened, especially something like this, that really has NOTHING to do with the "quality" of the package itself... Just a stupid parts mixup.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I just wish Proboat & Aquacraft would sell a hull with hardwear only , so we can choose a MOTOR & ESC package our selves !!!! cause we all want our boats to go faster than the stock set up anyway , i have so many stock ESCs & Motors sitting in a box still brand new LOL
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

I was leary cause of the bj handing, but if you say it's better, I'm sold.
    I've wanted to get a proboat for a long time, was waiting for this to come out, just didn't want to buy it and have it sit till the cables were readily avail
    I think you will find that most, if not all of them, have the wrong flex. Everyone that ProBoat has checked in stock does at this point.

You guys need to put the BJ our of your minds. The only thing they have in common is the power system which is proven, and up to the task. The rest was a new design from the drawing table up. When you see the two of them together, you'll see...

I'm not trying to bash, just expressing my opinion. Plus I'm not talking about old stuff, I'm talking about what's avail today in a rtr. I'm sure it's a nice boat. I'd like to pick one up.
    I will say that after all has been worked out on my buddies bj26, it is a nice running machine.
    I'm just saying every proboat I've seen hasn't worked properly out of the box.
    Now, that being said, I did have the king of shaves, and it was a mess out of the box. BUT, I dd buy the P1. So I can't say much.
    I was just allset to puck this boat up, and after hearig about the flex cable I was REALLY disapointed.
    Sorry if I offended anyone.
    I'm still going to get one.
    Just was choked to hear about the newer release having issues already
    The UL1 is not old stuff !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoota View Post
    I just wish Proboat & Aquacraft would sell a hull with hardwear only , so we can choose a MOTOR & ESC package our selves !!!! cause we all want our boats to go faster than the stock set up anyway , i have so many stock ESCs & Motors sitting in a box still brand new LOL
    You'll be able to buy the hull as a replacement part, along with all the hardware, etc.

You have to look at if from a company perspective. It costs a lot of money to stock boxed combinations of things, so they have to do what is cost effective for them.

You'll never NOT have a market for all that takeoff stuff, and what you sell it for on the aftermarket is certainly more than you paid for it in the package, so while a hassle, really not that big of a deal in the end.

Can't wait to see what combos you folks find for this hull!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    You'll be able to buy the hull as a replacement part, along with all the hardware, etc.

You have to look at if from a company perspective. It costs a lot of money to stock boxed combinations of things, so they have to do what is cost effective for them.

You'll never NOT have a market for all that takeoff stuff, and what you sell it for on the aftermarket is certainly more than you paid for it in the package, so while a hassle, really not that big of a deal in the end.

Can't wait to see what combos you folks find for this hull!
    Thats the thing I have looked into buying the hull & hardwear & its not worth it , its cheaper to buy the whole package . it just would be nice if they could take off the price of the esc & motor at what it would cost to replace those two parts , i understand where your coming from Darin .

Well done on the two new releases Darin, nice job !!!!!!

I ran the boat today with a ose cable. This is hands down the best rtr boat I have ever run. And I have run almost all of them. Handled great and ran fast. After running no, water in the hull. This boat will be a winner in both racing and backyard bashing!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I ran my MG on Lake Independence this morning and I cannot begin to tell you how incredible of a cat this thing is! I rigged up a new flex shaft and used a S/B Octura x642 prop and she screamed! I used (2) 2S 5000mAh 40c Zippy LiPo's. She handled like a Lotus Espirit Turbo on rails and was super, super planted in the corners. I have FINALLY found my favorite boat. It is just icing on the cake that she looks so scale. I played around with the stock Tx and Rx as well as the Tactic TX240 2.4 setup. They both performed beautifully and had insane range. The only thing I didn't like about the stock controller has that it seemed like the power curve was a little different. It felt as if it had little power as you squeezed the throttle until you got to 90% or so and then it went to full power. The Tactic had a smoother throttle response. I will have to play with it more to see which one I like better. I did cut all but 2" of the antennae tube off so that just the active portion of the Spektrum antennae was above the hull and she ran great - I ran her away from me at slow speed until I couldn't see her and I still had control. The other thing I did was mount both receivers on a balsa block to raise it above the level of the batteries just to be safe. At any given angle and distance there was always a clear line-of-sight between the Tx and Rx. The only thing left to do now is install 4mm bullets on the ESC and motor as well as the upgraded flex shaft from OSE when I get it mid week. BTW, I did not have so much as a drop of water in the hull after 3 runs. It really is a solid, solid boat and it is bringing me tons of enjoyment. If anyone is on the fence about buying one I hope I threw you over the fence to buy this thing because you will not be disappointed one bit.

Ran today on 4s and 5s with a x642, 4s was 36mph, 5s was 46mph. What a awesome boat. I am posting video to youtube now
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

diesel, was that with the stock prop? What lipo packs are you using?

ok nvm saw it, x42 36 mph. Hmm I thought it would be a tad faster

Quote Originally Posted by jac4412 View Post
    ok nvm saw it, x42 36 mph. Hmm I thought it would be a tad faster
    That's pretty good for a BJ motor on 4s. IMO of course. 5s she just looked awesome, I gotta stop the porposing. I just rounded the rudder after the first run, that should help some.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    That's pretty good for a BJ motor on 4s. IMO of course. 5s she just looked awesome, I gotta stop the porposing. I just rounded the rudder after the first run, that should help some.
    I'm told that moving the prop up a tad (move the strut up) and moving the cells slightly forward will really help.

Mine also has some hooks in the ride pads, especially near the rear, so some blueprinting of the ride-pads may ultimately be in order for optimum performance and speed. The inside edges of the sponsons could be sharpened up as well to enhance the cornering and speed.

All of these reports are making me VERY happy! I so VERY glad you guys like this boat. That was the goal. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are able to get this boat to do!

I'm absolutely itching to run mine

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I'm told that moving the prop up a tad (move the strut up) and moving the cells slightly forward will really help.

Mine also has some hooks in the ride pads, especially near the rear, so some blueprinting of the ride-pads may ultimately be in order for optimum performance and speed. The inside edges of the sponsons could be sharpened up as well to enhance the cornering and speed.

All of these reports are making me VERY happy! I so VERY glad you guys like this boat. That was the goal. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are able to get this boat to do!
    Here's the video, Darin I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Darin you are the man for this one
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Diesel, nice run, on 4s this thing runs perfectly. Interesting that the traxxas titan is at 50 mph on 6s... (supposedly) MG is almost there on 5s... nice. Looks like there is not issue with it stock

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Ran today on 4s and 5s with a x642, 4s was 36mph, 5s was 46mph. What a awesome boat. I am posting video to youtube now
    Good stuff Diesel ! Now you have your new toy on the water , you might leave G-Freak thread alone LOL

Diesel, nice run, on 4s this thing runs perfectly. Interesting that the traxxas titan is at 50 mph on 6s... (supposedly) MG is almost there on 5s... nice. Looks like there is not issue with it stock
    Thank you. I really enjoyed it. More video to come, I also am going to post a video of my PB apache saving my MG when a lipo failed. Freaking hobby city lol at least I got a year out of it.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Good video mate , dont know about the song choice lol , rather the sound of that beautiful cat screaming along the water

Good stuff Diesel ! Now you have your new toy on the water , you might leave G-Freak thread alone LOL
    Yea I guess I could leave them alone now.

Good video mate , dont know about the song choice lol , rather the sound of that beautiful cat screaming along the water
    Thanks. she does sound really good on 5s. Not a fan of the Metallica cover?!?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I would have preferred this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Z1_GAZyCo

Oh and Diesel, did you try running it stock with the deans? Just curious how hot the guts were getting, I'm going to end up driving home for a day to run mine, just would like to know if it'll be fine with the x642 prop and stock lipo setup with normal heat or if I should take the time and put bullets on asap

Oh and Diesel, did you try running it stock with the deans? Just curious how hot the guts were getting, I'm going to end up driving home for a day to run mine, just would like to know if it'll be fine with the x642 prop and stock lipo setup with normal heat or if I should take the time and put bullets on asap
    No, deans were the first thing to go. I run only 5.5mm on all my brushless boats. I run deans on my plane and rescue boat (brushed). I also changed the motor/esc 3.5 connectors and replaced them with 5.5mm bullets. Motor timing was set to high and bec disabled.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

My Question to you Diesel is how big can you go with a motor upgrade before it gets in the way of the lunch box lid snapping closed ? its hard to tell from the pictures , will a 4074 fit in there or a 1515 cc/neu ?

Theirs a bubble on top of the tupperware that has room for a little expansion. You don't actually have to use the tupperware lid if you don't want. I had a leopard laying around and just kinda eyeballed it and it looks like to would be a tight fit for the 74mm length leopards, but the 65mm leopards may work if you choose to use the lid. It runs real nice on 5s stock though, I may swap the esc to a seaking 120 though.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Diesel, you get the bounce out yet? I'm about to pull my hair out!
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12