Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New AquaCat

LOVE all this Offshore Talk! Another class explosion!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Racers,

Here is AquaCrafts Black Lab we call J.A.C.K. I have been in talks with Doby and it looks like we will be able to come to an agreement on the said “agreement” with witch we agree to…

Grim
    I love it when an agreement comes together..I think we can agree on that....if anyone disagrees with that, than we reserve the right to agree to disagree....what the hell were we agreeing to again

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Chris Cryzceck (I doubt he can spell it himself) was pitting right by Fred, Dave and I at the nats. We're planning to make it to London in September. I think Fred and I were at your very first race there in London a couple years ago. We had a great time. That is an awesome site to race. Offshore water all the time though. It's only an hour from me.

What about the Northern Lights? Will there be any FE at that race?
    Chris can't even pronounce his own last name, let alone spell it. He has some of the ugliest boats (its a stretch to call them that)...but the are bloody quick.

I'll PM you some details on the London Races.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    MikeZ, your cat was the boat to beat all season. I was watching it pretty close and to be quite truthful.......... I think there's more in the tank. I'm just not sure if it's doable in traffic. I suspect the same will be true for those loud painted boats. If you can get out front early and stay there maybe. Should be an interesting season for LSO. We talked about trying to stay under 6 boat heats. That will help.
    Thanks for the reply Terry. I really think you've hit the nail on the head, this boat has more in the tank with regards to props, strut changes, proper rudder sharpening, flattening of the running surfaces...

I didn’t flirt much with props, simply because I didn’t feel like I need to. With regards to offshore racing, the boat was always in the top 3-4 in speed. I do agree with Grim that a mono hull will have a slight advantage in this ratio of speed and size when it comes to race water.

At any rate, I am really getting excited to run this class again. I have something to prove!!!! I am going to try and turn it up a notch!!! LOL

Offshore is going to be exciting this year!!!

Later
    Mike

You never even got that setup very warm. I'm just not sure you can go much faster. Of course even with the big fat Titan I was upside down more than not. I had to push too hard to run anywhere neer the speeds you were running.

I'll probably run the Wild thing. Easy driver. Just need to find the right battery combo. 8400 is too much weight for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I think this thing looks cool!
    my guess it's going to kick on the MG
    Tower Hobbies has it up on there site now!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXASLN&P=7

Full size photos this time and a price - $349 and due in April!!!!!

YES!!!!!

Dang it.

Now I want one too.

Quote Originally Posted by airman66285 View Post

YES!!!!!
    YES!
    think I'll send my Spartan back and get this
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

YES!!!!!
    After taking a closer look at it, the fit and finish doesn't apperar to be as smooth as my PB Miss Geico - the area between the sponsoons at the bow looks very squareish. It almost looks like ABS but I know it is not. I still am going to get it because I love catamarans and Grimracer's stuff rocks.

Must have really good eyes to comment on the fit and finish from that pic....please tell us how the hardware looks from that pic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    YES!
    think I'll send my Spartan back and get this
    Good idea.
    Nortavlag Bulc

After taking a closer look at it, the fit and finish doesn't apperar to be as smooth as my PB Miss Geico - the area between the sponsoons at the bow looks very squareish. It almost looks like ABS but I know it is not. I still am going to get it because I love catamarans and Grimracer's stuff rocks.
    fit and finish?
    this is not a MG Cat
    it's the Motley Crew Off-Shore FE Catamaran
    looks so much like the real deal
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Good idea.
    BANGO!
    traxxas can kiss my

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Must have really good eyes to comment on the fit and finish from that pic....please tell us how the hardware looks from that pic as well.
    I am assuming that the hardware is the same as what was shown previously in other threads and it looked great there. The only view on the Tower website is an isometric from the front so I can't tell. I've attached the photo from the website and enlarged it a bit. Does the real Motley Crew not have a sharpened leading edge between the sponsoons? Just curious...
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks chinsy to me.. Plus, the blunt looking tunnel entrance. ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    looks chinsy to me.. Plus, the blunt looking tunnel entrance. ew.
    The blunt leading edge gave me a little pause...it kind of looks like my PB Apache in that area. It would be nice if it had a sharpened leading edge.

The blunt leading edge gave me a little pause...it kind of looks like my PB Apache in that area. It would be nice if it had a sharpened leading edge.
    Possibly gives it more strenght

Like Brushless said it's scaled off of the Skakter 368. Looks just like it. http://www.motleycrewracing.com/
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

It is much wider than scale, just like the MG. The blunt front end reminds ME of the UL-1. Hopefully this hull is a tad stronger.

It is much wider than scale, just like the MG. The blunt front end reminds ME of the UL-1. Hopefully this hull is a tad stronger.
    I think darin mentioned something before about they don't scale down really well or something. So yea I think you would be right it is wider.

I might have to get 2, one in this paint and 1 I will take all the decals off and make it all white.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Like Brushless said it's scaled off of the Skakter 368. Looks just like it. http://www.motleycrewracing.com/
    Yeah!
    that last picture was made for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I think darin mentioned something before about they don't scale down really well or something. So yea I think you would be right it is wider.

I might have to get 2, one in this paint and 1 I will take all the decals off and make it all white.
    They can be more scale looking. (HPR, MHZ, H&M) However, making them a little wider than scale helps them excel in the corners which is better for racing, and newbies alike.

I do like this boat, and I'm sure it will handle great with all the race testing it has undergone. BUT, I hope it is a better constructed hull than the UL-1, or new sv27R.

They can be more scale looking. (HPR, MHZ, H&M) However, making them a little wider than scale helps them excel in the corners which is better for racing, and newbies alike.

I do like this boat, and I'm sure it will handle great with all the race testing it has undergone. BUT, I hope it is a better constructed hull than the UL-1, or new sv27R.

Yea the SV27R transom issues was really disappointing. If they would have just keep the doubler that boat would rock. I will keep my orginal SV and when I get this boat I will put the power into my old sv. For this boat i think I am going to run my CC 1800kv Outrunner. Should sound really nice in this boat.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Default Motley Crew

AquaCraft site info:
    http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats...rew/index.html

Stringfly <>++++

Hi Gang..

Everything.. and I do mean EVERYTHING is and was perfomance driven.. even the "Blunt" front edge..

Run it.. I dare ya!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Hi Gang..

Everything.. and I do mean EVERYTHING is and was perfomance driven.. even the "Blunt" front edge..

Run it.. I dare ya!

Grim

Hi all i thought id add since im a huge fan of cats and the movement of spec/rtr racing which im hoping with my detication and persistance i can kick off a class to help newbs that are on a budget to get into the sport.

Because unfortunately my local club mostly consists of fuel boats and huge dollar electrics which are few and far in between which kinda scares potential members off as it did me.

The only specification is the norm EA,EB,EC classes and most elecrics are EC monsters lol i know its all about numbers and such but it dont help when a few select members dont really lappreciate electric boats and newbs which offer exitement and diversity as they have only known and raced fuel boats.

I have the support of the ampba prez and other members of kinda being a newb ambassator lol so hopefully with the motley crue and word of mouth i can prove to the guys and newcomers that there is a good alternative.

As most assume the only way to start racing is buy a gas or nitro boat as its what they see most of there is nothin wrong with those but most are big dollar ex race boats as RTR doesnt seem to be a favourable option as i asked about an sv27 nitro and that was shot down quick so was any other RTR options.

Which led me down a long and torturous journey on facing the fact the only way i can race is gettin one built from scratch or buying a used boat and followin a steep learing curve with nitros and gassers.

But with alot of persistance and spreading of word with thanks to the geico,motley crue,and sv27 i have found my perfect option being the motley crue as im more partial to cats and alot of determination im plannin on getting the motley and shaking things up and hopefully kicking off a LSO class of some sort and doin some custom work also.

I just wish it was like america over here as there is so much more support and diversity i suppose i helps with your country having 50 states and us only 6 lol and you guys have been doin it way longer.

And thanks to grim and darin for designing such great machines and getting me one step closer to my dream and cant wait for the motley crew to come out.

To save another post lol and i hope this recieves some positive feed back as i have a unique and custom plan for the boat after i have had ot for a while and i have mentioned this idea to some but basically i would like to put an outboard on this boat but since graupner is an expensive outboard and EP1s unfortunatley have a weakness of which being the gears.

So i thought id go for another option which would cross the brand name line lol and that would be using a proboat outboard. With some help from a fellow boater which has offered to help me set the boat up.

I also plan on getting some goodies from kintec racing nothing major though and a custom wrap done by mono jeff basically those will be the major changes as the aquacraft gear is pretty awesome plus the unique layout of the water cooling system is pretty cool so im going to try and keep it unique but just have the motor behind the esc.

Anyways it should turn out well i suppose i should ask the creators opinion lol so grim what do you think about a proboat outboard on your cat ? and anyone else who wants to add their opinion.

And i apologize for such a long rant but i offer my full support
    Last edited by shannon87; 03-09-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234