Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New AquaCat

I think this thing looks cool!
    my guess it's going to kick on the MG
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I think this thing looks cool!
    my guess it's going to kick on the MG
    I'll take that bet!! "Upper 40's"?? Been there, done that... Bring it on! Let's get to racing... Has the water thawed yet??

Spring can't get here soon enough for me!!

By the way... those of you thinking you'll make this new boat faster by replacing the 1800KV motor with the 2030KV motor aren't paying attention to what we've been trying to tell you. Motors are identical, except for KV, which means you gain RPM, but lose torque... Guess which one motivates the boat??

That AQ 1800KV motor is a BEAST, and is a perfect fit for this type of boat. You simply HAVE to use the right props... If you'd focus your efforts there, You would save yourself a lot of burned up parts and might even save a few $$$ on replacing motors/ESCs...

Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I'll take that bet!! "Upper 40's"?? Been there, done that... Bring it on! Let's get to racing... Has the water thawed yet??

Spring can't get here soon enough for me!!

By the way... those of you thinking you'll make this new boat faster by replacing the 1800KV motor with the 2030KV motor aren't paying attention to what we've been trying to tell you. Motors are identical, except for KV, which means you gain RPM, but lose torque... Guess which one motivates the boat??

That AQ 1800KV motor is a BEAST, and is a perfect fit for this type of boat. You simply HAVE to use the right props... If you'd focus your efforts there, You would save yourself a lot of burned up parts and might even save a few $$$ on replacing motors/ESCs...

Uhhhm
    didn't you sell your Stiletto that look slower than a VS-1 with UL-1 power
    yeah ok, chill dude
    i've seen a MG on UL-1 power running 4s that was faster than with the stock lower kv motor
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hey to hell with both of those motor's, slap in a Neu on 5-6s...
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Hey to hell with both of those motor's, slap in a Neu on 5-6s...
    hell yeah!

Uhhhm
    didn't you sell your Stiletto that look slower than a VS-1 with UL-1 power
    yeah ok, chill dude
    i've seen a MG on UL-1 power running 4s that was faster than with the stock lower kv motor
    Hahaha... I'm totally chilled... you read it wrong. I'm stoked that Offshore is going to be EXPLODING this year!

The Stiletto is a 30" production glass boat that is targeted to the Sport market (i.e.: people who will run them for 10 minutes at a time, etc....)... It does about 35mph out of the box, which is exactly what it was designed to do. I'm not sure why you even bring this up. A better comparison might have been my former 28" WoodStuff with the 1500KV ProBoat motor, which registered 50mph on a regular basis (have posted the EagleTree charts previously, if you need proof) It's all in the prop/hull combo.

Have you seen an MG go 47mph with the stock motor and ESC? If not, then people need to do some more prop work. (I actually have readings of 49mph, but I'm trying to stay a little conservative. )

The 1800KV AQ motor is a beast, and is perfect for this package. A quick prop change should put this boat up near 50. That's not based on speculation.... it's based on EagleTree data that I've been gathering over the past two years with these systems. We've tested Raptor Hydros with the UL1 and the SV27R motors, and, while the UL1 has a SLIGHT straightaway speed advantage, the SV27R motor blows it away through the turns. Simply has more torque to keep the prop turning under load, and gets off the corners MUCH harder.

I'm not saying any of this to try to bash or get into a pissing match. I'm trying to get guys to realize that two 36-56-XXXX motors, of the same manufacture, weight, etc., are putting out generally the same amount of overall power, they just get it there a little differently. With the right prop, either can be "the fastest".

Now... let's get some REAL pictures of this new boat! I wanna see!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Mikes right.. just a few more tweaks and details and we are going to be home free.. and.. there just might be a surprise for a few of you "Boat Nuts" when the boat finally does hit the market.

This boat has been allot of fun to design. Its a very solid performer and by far one of the best handling cat I have ever drove.

But.. its really not important what I think or feel.. Best we can here at AquaCraft can do is make the boat FIT YOU!.. And what we have learned in the last few years “IS” designed in this boat..

NO DELIVERY DATE IS SET AT THIS TIME!

BTY.. Im going to be racing one at the NAMBA nats in the LSO class. Truth is I really don’t care all that much how well the boat does in the class and if it does well I will chalk it up to luck and fun.. But if drive well and make some new buds.. BONUS!.. that’s the true sprit of toy boat racing to me.. just driving well and making new buds is about all I can ask for anymore. Grimracer says! Two boats are twice as fun (sorry, inside joke )

ROCKET AND ROLL.. aha.. cat with no name.. or does it

Grim
    his attitude is the reason why I will keep buying Aquacraft products
    I don't see a know it all in this posting
    Aquacraft has me for life

his attitude is the reason why I will keep buying Aquacraft products
    I don't see a know it all in this posting
    Aquacraft has me for life
    Dude? Wow... Why the hostility? I have no problem with you supporting AQ at all, but if you have read "know it all" in any of my threads, then we need to meet in person. Not even close. I'm simply telling you what I've found out, passing on info, and trying to help.

Mike Rocks... no secret there, and his boats rock too, and I couldn't even come close to driving as well as he does. This conversation had nothing to do with AQ vs. PB or anything else along those lines. All I was trying to do was give people some additional information on the MOTORS so they might understand what it takes to make something go 40 or 45 or 50, and more specifically, with THESE motors. And, perhaps, do it without burning things up. Maybe I DO know a few things, simply through experience and testing?? Perhaps?? There must be a reason why I have an Elam, Stiletto, and MG, all which will run in the high 40's for a 1-mile heat with the stock 1500 motors... It's not an accident.

I'll bow out and just go back to silently watching what's going. This seems to be a theme, and I want no part of it, especially when something as exciting as another new RTR coming to market is suppose to be the topic of conversation.

I have not doubt that this boat is going to ROCK (with a name like that, why wouldn't it!)... and I am SOOO excited to hopefully be getting more people involved in racing Offshore classes because of the options now for that class.

NOW, if NAMBA would just hurry up and get the P-Spec power specification as an OFFICIAL CLASS (DAAAVVVIIIIDDD... where ARE YOU??? ), we'd be golden!

Hostility, not sure what your reading Darin, but I see only praise to Grim for his attitude towards racers and sport users

The fact is Darin, some love the sound of higher kv motors
    fact is some can tune their boat to run better with those motors (however they do it) with great runtimes and speeds

If some wants to change to a different motor that has the kv they want, let them have fun doing so

we all love this sport/hobby and have different imput to get similar results, and some even better

AQ has me for life, because of there service and attitude

Hostility, not sure what your reading Darin, but I see only praise to Grim for his attitude towards racers and sport users

The fact is Darin, some love the sound of higher kv motors
    fact is some can tune their boat to run better with those motors (however they do it) with great runtimes and speeds

If some wants to change to a different motor that has the kv they want, let them have fun doing so

we all love this sport/hobby and have different imput to get similar results, and some even better

AQ has me for life, because of there service and attitude
    I have an idea of how we can see them in action, Brushless we are planning the 2011 race season now, and again we will be having some offshore racing as well as other classes in your back yard, get one and maybe you can race it with us then you can post how well it does. The electric ranks are growing in northern Colorado so that would give you some real racing opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    I have an idea of how we can see them in action, Brushless we are planning the 2011 race season now, and again we will be having some offshore racing as well as other classes in your back yard, get one and maybe you can race it with us then you can post how well it does. The electric ranks are growing in northern Colorado so that would give you some real racing opportunities.
    Sounds great Rod
    keep us Colorado guys posted on the 2011 race season, when and where..

Sounds great Rod
    keep us Colorado guys posted on the 2011 race season, when and where..
    Should have the shedule up soon, maybe then you can finally come out and play.
    There should be a lot of racing in Colorado this season. Would like to see you Race at some of them as you have been unable to in the past. I thought you would have raced at the Nats or one of the NCNB races seeing that they were so close to you. Well perhaps this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    Should have the shedule up soon, maybe then you can finally come out and play.
    There should be a lot of racing in Colorado this season. Would like to see you Race at some of them as you have been unable to in the past. I thought you would have raced at the Nats or one of the NCNB races seeing that they were so close to you. Well perhaps this year.
    The Nats were cool!

Did you race...or were you just a wallflower.....these boats are designed for spec racing.......not playing with yourself to see how fast you can go in a straight line....listen to Darin and Grim and learn.

Any idiot can put in a larger motor and go fast (I'm proof of that).....Join a race event sometime and see were the fun really is...anyway....back to the beach....for a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    .....these boats are designed for spec racing.......not playing with yourself to see how fast you can go in a straight line....listen to Darin and Grim and learn.
    Who the hell says someone cannot do what they want to with a boat from AQ or PB?
    if they want to stuff a big ass motor in a Stiletto like Darin did to boil the water, why not let them!!!!
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...&postcount=196 BAD ASS!
    Last edited by Brushless55; 01-15-2011 at 05:49 PM.

This has to be the only forum that I'm on that everyone disagrees on everything lol, Helifreak's not like this.
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    This has to be the only forum that I'm on that everyone disagrees on everything lol, Helifreak's not like this.

Calm down B55, and take that chip off your shoulder please.

Who the hell says someone cannot do what they want to with a boat from AQ or PB?
    if they want to stuff a big ass motor in a Stiletto like Darin did to boil the water, why not let them!!!!
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...&postcount=196 BAD ASS!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Calm down B55, and take that chip off your shoulder please.
    I'm calm...

The Aqua Cat is only going to make things better, no matter which boat you pick, they will both be fun. Its about fun competition, once it gets to tossing daggers at each other the fun stops. Lets get back on track.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Thumbs up

its all about having fun pro boat or aquacraft

darin and mike have many many years of testing think we all can learn from both

just a thought.......................
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

I was just wondering. Are there any clubs besides MMEU where both of the new cats will be racing as soon as the water thaws? muhahahaha

I saw the Geico on the shelf last time I was in the LHS. Workable.

Darins is right about the AQ 1800. That things a monster. I've run them all too. Even in my big fat Titan the 1800 is a runner. I might put one in my 26" Wild thing. Kinda small for the class though.

My old Titan has been racing since 2006. It's getting a little tired. I'd like to move into one of these cats but the AQ isn't available. Is it really going to be a Motley Crue theme? Stray cat Mike!

One of these two needs to be added to my fleet. I've seen the AQ in 8 boat heats. It's like any cat. You have to drive it. Mikes been sand bagging though. Haven't seen the Geico in race water yet. Sure rips by itself. I didn't see anything that would lead me to believe it's going to get weird in chop.

Can't wait for spring!

Our Toronto and Kitchener clubs will have 2 Geicos and I plan on racing the Aquacat.....

Did you chip one from Grims clutches or do you mean when you can get one?

Grim and I are currently in "discussions"....in other words, I'm trying to guilt him in to it

I do plan on purchasing one when they are avaliable.

That will then make 4 LSO boats in my fleet. Some people laughed last season when I brought "spare" boats with me on race days.

Grim and I are currently in "discussions"....in other words, I'm trying to guilt him in to it
    HAHA How's that working out?

I was thinking of using the "safety in numbers" approach. We have one AQ cat already. If there were more than one that would increase it's chances against the evil empires Miss Geico. That LHS I mentioned is only a few miles from our pond. There's a bunch of those loud yellow boats on the shelf. Mike will be out numbered. Why, it could be a blood bath.

......did lay it on thick enough?

I really am hoping that either or both of those cats show up on our pond this summer.

Not as well as I hoped..........

Two members on here that I run with , Ray S and Robert, both have the Miss G, so it will be up to me to put them in their place with the AQCat.... I ran with Ray's Miss G on the last race of the season in the LSO class and it moved out really well, but our pond conditions at the time were really windy and choppy and it flipped once or twice if I remember correctly. Robert's hasn't seen water yet as its all in cube for up here.

I think Mike sould ensure that there is a even distribution of AQCats in this area...I would be willing to help him with that task (hint..hint) Otherwise the whole Ontario region could be overrun with those pesky lime coloured cats (guilt ...guilt...)

I just finished setting up a Genesis Cat for LSO with a UL-1 motor. It weighs less than my UL-1 Hydro so it should be interesting.

FYI, we will be holding a FE Race in London around the middle of Sept.....you Michigan guys need to come down...Ken J did last year.

Default Mixed Bag of Cats

Racers,

Without saying too much im quite sure our cat will be on the shelves this spring. (Barring the slow boat from China dont sink!)

Here is AquaCrafts Black Lab we call J.A.C.K. I have been in talks with Doby and it looks like we will be able to come to an agreement on the said “agreement” with witch we agree to…

Here is one thing that I do know..

After racing the Motley Crew this summer and having a few of the boats out and running I can say that its going to be a stretch to be the big winner in LSO with either of the new cat offerings. With monos being allowed to race in LSO (in some places like the NATS), cats can be VERY hard to put up front.

My suggestion would be to set LSO aside (maybe at the club level) and go RTR Offshore CAT racing.. And leave it at that! Let the MFGs provide you the weapon and you wheel em!

Be it Proboat, AquaCraft or the next RTR MFG to come along and “WIN BIG”.. I don’t care…with the support of the MFGs and you! RC boating WILL continue to grow.

Lets race!

Grim

FYI, we will be holding a FE Race in London around the middle of Sept.....you Michigan guys need to come down...Ken J did last year.
    Chris Cryzceck (I doubt he can spell it himself) was pitting right by Fred, Dave and I at the nats. We're planning to make it to London in September. I think Fred and I were at your very first race there in London a couple years ago. We had a great time. That is an awesome site to race. Offshore water all the time though. It's only an hour from me.

What about the Northern Lights? Will there be any FE at that race?

MikeZ, your cat was the boat to beat all season. I was watching it pretty close and to be quite truthful.......... I think there's more in the tank. I'm just not sure if it's doable in traffic. I suspect the same will be true for those loud painted boats. If you can get out front early and stay there maybe. Should be an interesting season for LSO. We talked about trying to stay under 6 boat heats. That will help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast