Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis cat,,,

Yes it is a bit expensive. That's Australian Dollars remember.
    But if you add the freight & apply the exchange rate it is $413.00 Australian Dollars to get the one from Hobby King out here to Australia.
    That's at $299.00 plus $57.00 EMS freight. That's US Dollars.
    Yes I know that with membership & discounts it can be cheaper.
    Plus there will be a postage charge from R/C Boat bitz to your door too I Guess.
    But the question was 'Where else can you get them?"
    All the best.
    Paul.

I have contacted the manufacturer for you to see if they will send the programming instructions to me and I will post them for you. Don't be surprised if they don't even have them. They buy the ESC's from third party and often they are pre-programmed to run with that motor, etc. and cannot be changed. I have run into that before. Simply burned on the chip permanently and they don't use a flash eprom in the esc.

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Does anyone have the programming guide to the stock Genesis ESC? The download on Hobbyking comes up blank...............??? Anyone know what brand it is.............??
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Yes it is a bit expensive. That's Australian Dollars remember.
    But if you add the freight & apply the exchange rate it is $413.00 Australian Dollars to get the one from Hobby King out here to Australia.
    That's at $299.00 plus $57.00 EMS freight. That's US Dollars.
    Yes I know that with membership & discounts it can be cheaper.
    Plus there will be a postage charge from R/C Boat bitz to your door too I Guess.
    But the question was 'Where else can you get them?"
    All the best.
    Paul.
    $220.00 for the boat plus $19- for the 2.4 radio, so $240.00 US plus freight to Australia so $340-350.00 aussie to our door.

He would be getting the boats wholesale as well, so he is making a killing not to mention he is charging $50.00 Aud for post within Australia.

The man has to make a profit to stay in business so he has all the doodads you need from time to time. Cut him a break. The problem is that HobbyKing is only making about $20 on the boat! That is WAY below customary market markup. By the time we have them shipped to the states from the factory, we couldn't possibly sell them for less than $499. That is why we don't carry any of that manufacturers products because they won't protect the retail market.

We don't sell hundreds of boats a week and I doubt your Australian dealer does either. So we have to make a decent profit on the very few in order to pay the rent.

So long as everybody insists on getting everything cheap as dirt from HobbyKing, the less and less you will see your dealers carrying. Just simple economics.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The global economy is fairly new. Eventually all things will equal out. The Chinese will demand higher wages, prices will go up, and resaler's will charge accordingly.

If you can't compete in quantity then above average service will have to be your strong point.
    Last edited by egneg; 06-27-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Our service is the best in the industry but Americans still want cheap. Pretty hard to get both.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Our service is the best in the industry but Americans still want cheap. Pretty hard to get both.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I have contacted the manufacturer for you to see if they will send the programming instructions to me and I will post them for you. Don't be surprised if they don't even have them. They buy the ESC's from third party and often they are pre-programmed to run with that motor, etc. and cannot be changed. I have run into that before. Simply burned on the chip permanently and they don't use a flash eprom in the esc.

I'm running it with the stock Gen motor.................... If you get it that would be great if you could post it. I have e-mailed H. king to see if they can help. Thanks!

The man has to make a profit to stay in business so he has all the doodads you need from time to time. Cut him a break. The problem is that HobbyKing is only making about $20 on the boat! That is WAY below customary market markup. By the time we have them shipped to the states from the factory, we couldn't possibly sell them for less than $499. That is why we don't carry any of that manufacturers products because they won't protect the retail market.

We don't sell hundreds of boats a week and I doubt your Australian dealer does either. So we have to make a decent profit on the very few in order to pay the rent.

So long as everybody insists on getting everything cheap as dirt from HobbyKing, the less and less you will see your dealers carrying. Just simple economics.
    All fine for you to say that, but it goes hand in hand, look after local customers so they have no reason to buy from the overseas. I would be happy to pay $400.00 locally for the boat Plus $30.00 for post making it a $430.00 Aud boat to my dooor.

I am more than happy to buy off a local seller & am also happy to pay more for it but it must be within reason.

Selling five boats a week at $400.00 is much better than selling two a week for $500.00 is it not?

The equivalent of your US$499.00 would be AU$570.00. So he's doing us a bit of a favour at only AU$500.00 considering he's added a radio & an 8XL size motor.
    All the best.
    Paul.

wierdly i NEVER shop localy. but that have more to do with the LHS then anything else. do shop within the same country every now and again though.

but think OSE have receved most of my business over the years and just love the service i get here both in the shop and all the help from the forum

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Well said Sailor.
    I really feel for you guys & try to buy local when I can.
    I don't begrudge any one making a profit. After all you guys are taking the risks & copping all the expenses to get the things to our door.
    The equivalent of your US$499.00 would be AU$570.00. So he's doing us a bit of a favour at only AU$500.00 considering he's added a radio & an 8XL size motor.
    All the best.
    Paul.
    This is the thing though, it is the same motor as you get elsewhere with the Genesis.

If he is adding a radio at that price, it is a good value.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sorry.
    My mistake on the motor. Obviously thinking of something else I read somewhere.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

It's is wrong when people state that they have upgraded a motor, when in fact it what come with the boat from the factory. The sad part is the new person to boating is being lead to believe they are getting something which they are not.

For what, i must have missed the problem,,huummm cant be that bad dont sweat it man,,

Update on my new Genesis, got her friday at my post office so i had to wait till saterday to go get it and gess what they are closed for the holiday on the 3rd and on the 5th so it would be tuesday before i could pick it up but no i have to work and cant sign for it so i have to wait untill the following saterday to get it( that frickin SUCKS)

Dang, that does suck! Anticipation must be killin ya.
    Catching Air!

Got the programming instructions for you! It took a few tries before the Chinese at the factory understood what I wanted!

Enjoy!

I'm running it with the stock Gen motor.................... If you get it that would be great if you could post it. I have e-mailed H. king to see if they can help. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    Dang, that does suck! Anticipation must be killin ya.
    John you have no idea, well you probly do but still, im going crazy for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    Is there anywhere other than HK to get this boat,,HK is always backordered,,,.
    HK has the Genesis back in stock! Another Boat!! YES!!!!!!!!!
    ? WHAT RULES?

I just bought one myself. There probably gonna go quick!
    ? WHAT RULES?

Yes! This GENESIS ull is a beauty, strongly made. Motor and ESC?

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 07-06-2010 at 11:41 PM.

Got the programming instructions for you! It took a few tries before the Chinese at the factory understood what I wanted!

Enjoy!

I really appreciate your help!!.....................the problem is...when i click on it and it asks what i want to do, i click on "open file".........then it opens and its BLANK!.......................i think i found that one before

What am i doing wrong? HELP..................i feel like an invalid...............

I really appreciate your help!!.....................the problem is...when i click on it and it asks what i want to do, i click on "open file".........then it opens and its BLANK!.......................i think i found that one before

What am i doing wrong? HELP..................i feel like an invalid...............
    What version of Window's are you using. I have Window's 7 and it opens just fine.

P.S. it depends on the version of office that you are using.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

GOT IT, GOT IT, got mine today and its so purdy,purdy,purdy, i cant wait to get it wet,,Yiipppeeee.. It has a 2075Kv motor and a Hobbywing 120a ESC,,,But offcorse minor damage in shipping,left sponson tip is chipped and some paint blemishes but still sweet...PS for those who asked it is 37'' body,,42'' with hardware on it..

Sweet man! Post some pics.
    Catching Air!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast