Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis cat,,,

Question Genesis cat,,,

Is there anywhere other than HK to get this boat,,HK is always backordered,,,.

Astec Models

http://www.astecmodels.co.uk/catalog...9ee8f13f63b1ee

3674 KV2270 Brushless Motor and Hobbywing Seaking 120A With Water Cooling Brushless

thank you Alfa im going to look there wright now,if i can figure out there money...

just ordered it they showede to have 1 in stock and cheaper than HK ,,,,

Alrite bud do a see a build in the making once you got the hull

Wanted one to just be able to run now but in time O yess it will have to be faster, hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    Wanted one to just be able to run now but in time O yess it will have to be faster, hehehe...
    Cool cant wait to see it,youll have to post some pics

Yeah man i sure will, now i cant wate , from the UK hope it dosent take forever to get here,,,

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    just ordered it they showede to have 1 in stock and cheaper than HK ,,,,
    Right and you' ve got a better setup with the Genesis from ASTEC Models
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice pic, you said a better setup so it doesnt come factory with the turnigy stuff i had to order super fast was running out of lunch time so dumb me didnt read it fully,,just got the order in as fast as i could.....thanks again for the hookup man...

In Germany the Genesis hull is available with a Leopard LB4065 4-Pol and 90 Amp ESC

http://www.krick-modell.de/frameset....rp%3D0%2C3%2C2

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    In Germany the Genesis hull is available with a Leopard LB4065 4-Pol and 90 Amp ESC

But look at the Price! They are selling it for roughly $528.00 dollars.

.... and HOTR Racing sell this cat

http://www.horracing.com/product_inf...roducts_id=410

ouch,you could get the boat and put in some big time stuff for about that price..

The manufacturer Engineering Department is working on a twin setup, the twin version will be available, here' s powertrim project

That's a funny length of the adjustment slot....Why is it slotted so far back? Looks like you could make a 90 deg. stinger with it.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

That's because the Germans won't accept the crap quality motor/esc that everybody else puts in the boat and they don't mind paying for the difference!

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    That's because the Germans won't accept the crap quality motor/esc that everybody else puts in the boat and they don't mind paying for the difference!
    I am curious..........is this an endorsement for the Leopard motor?

NO! not from me! I have no connection to the Leopard motor. I'm strictly a NEU motor man as everything else I've tried doesn't compare.

Still, you get what you pay for!!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    NO! not from me! I have no connection to the Leopard motor. I'm strictly a NEU motor man as everything else I've tried doesn't compare.

Still, you get what you pay for!!
    Sorry, I was confused about your comment on the fact the Germans were selling a Genesis Cat (that evidently you could buy at Hobby City for $219 according to the threads ), for over $500. From what I see the only upgrade was a 4065 motor, note even the larger 4074 and an 90 A ESC (which I am pretty sure is a Seaking or clone). This upgrade Leopard 4065 motor is around $70 or less.

Your comments regarding the Germans "That's because the Germans won't accept the crap quality motor/esc that everybody else puts in the boat and they don't mind paying for the difference!" is what threw me off. Your follow up equally confused me, "Still, you get what you pay for!!"

I respect your opinion a lot and am just trying to understand your thoughts.

I am very familiar with the factory that makes the boats HK is selling. They are not too bad but the quality of the motors and esc's is dubious at best. I do agree the German price is considerably higher. My "what you pay for" comment simply says if you want better quality, performance, etc. it comes at a price.

You have to understand that those of us in the U.S. and Europe have to pay a very high price for shipping to get those boats over here. Our final cost would be about $200. Hobbyking, on the other hand gets them delivered to them at little or probably no cost since they buy in volume. More than likely the stuff is just trucked right over to them. Most hobby goods, but not all, are manufactured in southeast china in Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Zhuhai, etc. All are within an hour or two drive from Hong Kong.

So when Hobbyking picks up something like this it makes absolutely no sense for us to carry it in the US as there is almost no profit in it and we have to support it, carry parts for it, etc. It's a no win for us.

Bottom line is you guys get cheap boats and then when you need parts, etc. it's a problem for you. So long as there is a market more concerned about price than service, which has become the American norm, there will be less and less available from American vendors/dealers. Just a fact of life.

The Germans are probably just wanting to make a decent profit. Remember, we r/c boat dealers don't sell hundreds of boats a week! We average 6-12 but we're very small. We can't live on maybe $20 profit per boat which is about what HK is making on them.

Hope this clears it up for you?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yes it does and thank you for such a logical and detailed explanation. I fully agree with you also on the high shipping costs and am sad to see that this sometimes far exceeds the small profit margin that US dealers on the products brought in from overseas. Are there any "Rays of Sunshine" on the horizon for US dealers?

Hobbyking has pretty much doused our "Rays of Sunshine". We work hard to provide products and stock all the parts but more importantly customer service. But to most people it is price price price. Customer service isn't important to them until they need it. But then they got it cheap enough they can probably just throw a bad product away...right?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

The manufacturer Engineering Department is working on a twin setup, the twin version will be available, ...
    Who will release this version and when? Seems like you know something we don't...

Still waiting on mine to get here,,,,

The manufacturer Engineering Department is working on a twin setup, the twin version will be available, here' s powertrim project

That is an interesting idea for a stinger. A knuckle or ball joint with a compression nut to secure it along with the traversing bracket. Looks like a engineering concept design for future products. Would like to hear more.

John
    Change is the one Constant

For those in Australia/New Zealand etc, R/C Boat Bitz have the Genisis. Comes with an 8XL by the looks of it.

http://www.rcboatbitz.com.au/Page%203

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/RC-Bo...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Don't forget, all prices are in AU dollars.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

Does anyone have the programming guide to the stock Genesis ESC? The download on Hobbyking comes up blank...............??? Anyone know what brand it is.............??

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    For those in Australia/New Zealand etc, R/C Boat Bitz have the Genisis. Comes with an 8XL by the looks of it.

http://www.rcboatbitz.com.au/Page%203

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/RC-Bo...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Don't forget, all prices are in AU dollars.
    Cheers.
    Paul.
    $500.00 dollars though! I want one & would prefer to buy in Australia but at that price

Boy that is alot!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast