Thread: Guess what boat is mine!

Default Guess what boat is mine!

I spent fathers day with my son yesterday on the St. Lawrence River. Sat Alexandria Bay hosted a Poker Run and a few boats were still at the dock yesterday. Guess what boat is mine! I couldn't resist.

My son's comment as we walked by the Fountain:
    "No way mom's ever going to let you get a boat like this dad even if you could afford one so just keep walkin'"

NICE. Sadly we used to see them buzzing around the lake I frequent. BUT the FUN Police restricted the lake to 45mph. So most of the Rich guys took their expensive toys and left!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

What lake Steven? Not Winnipesaukee? I had heard they put speed limits on that lake. We use to go there when I lived in Shrewsbury. Love that lake.
    The Aqua-Mania boat was up for the poker run(daughters dance recitel so we missed it). We spoke to the crew on Sunday and they said they were doing 191 mph at one point and you could put a cup of coffee on the dash. Would have loved to see the Mystic.

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    What lake Steven? Not Winnipesaukee?
    YUP. What a joke. They are taking the fun out of everything.

I used to rent a house in Alton on the lake and watch all the ultra rich guys fly by together. It was quite a site and music to the ears!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

My son's comment as we walked by the Fountain:
    "No way mom's ever going to let you get a boat like this dad even if you could afford one so just keep walkin'"
    Uh oh, she's got bigger pants than you and he already knows it! You're IN TROUBLE!

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Oh ya, that's why they alway ask me first when they want something because they know what mom will say.
    The upside is the more I tell her I want one someday the more she tells me to stick the the RC versions! Does that mean I get to build a twin turbine MHZ mystic some day?

did you talk to the guys with the 47 lightning at all? how fast what power?

No, didn't get a chance to talk to him. Based on what I saw, staggered 900's. Bill Taylors boat. Owner of Poker Runs America. Out of Toronto. Freeking huge boat.

should do just about 105 to 110 set up like that

Gotta love Fountains! Here's mine...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default my boats

my old boats are a little smaller but were fun till i sold em......

P5090002.jpg
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I missed a chance to ride in a tricked out 50' Nordic the other day. Runs smooth at around 100. Motors are blown....dude has tooooo much money. Hope to ride in it yet this year. No, he is not a drug dealer....that I now of :) Also has a 50' Sea Ray

This is my uncles 40ft hustler w/twin 600hp cummings turbo diesels and arneson drives. Its good for about 80mph. Not blazing fast but it goes pretty good for a 12,000lb boat. And it sounds cool!

http://www.hustlerspeedboats.com/spe...l-40-td2x.html

hate to have to pull that monster around in traffic....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Ive pulled it around back and forth from antioch to discovery bay. About 25-30 miles. Its pretty intimidating and a little nerve racking knowing you have someone else's 500k dollar toy in your hands!

Discovery Bay is a top-notch place and the canals are a blast to go through but a map is very important!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    This is my uncles 40ft hustler w/twin 600hp cummings turbo diesels and arneson drives. Its good for about 80mph. Not blazing fast but it goes pretty good for a 12,000lb boat. And it sounds cool!

http://www.hustlerspeedboats.com/spe...l-40-td2x.html
    Wow! Sweet boat. Hustler's have great lines and the radar arch really makes it. Arneson drives rock

My new favorite is this 38" Donzi ZRC. The crew chief for Aqua-Mania rigged it for Gregg Rosen(drive of the G3 race team). It has twin Sterling 960's with Whipple Superchargers mated to Arneson drives! He said it will do 120 with out even working. Last year she ripped by us on the river and it gave me chills. Until I hit the lottery I have to stick with my Glastrons. Picked up a nice little 16' Glastron Carlson CV-16SS late in the summer. It's a little easier to tow around.
    Tom

My Carlson.

I remember those. Didnt they make one that was almost enclosed and looked a little like a car? Really innovative for their time.

Sure did, one the most saught after Glastron's. The Glastron Carlson Simitar. Made for the movie MoonRaker.
    http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-moonraker.html
    Scott, is your uncle Larry Halstead? I just got home and the new Performance Boats Mag came in the mail. Page 28 is your uncles Boat!!! Sweet picture. Is that you in the back?
    Tom

Sure did, one the most saught after Glastron's. The Glastron Carlson Simitar. Made for the movie MoonRaker.
    http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-moonraker.html
    Scott, is your uncle Larry Halstead? I just got home and the new Performance Boats Mag came in the mail. Page 28 is your uncles Boat!!! Sweet picture. Is that you in the back?
    Tom
    Yes, thats him. What magazine did you say?? I was unaware of the article. The boat was in the Big Cat Poker Run a short while back, but I was not there. I did get to wash it and put it back in storage for him though.

It was in Performace Boats Magazine. I just looked at the digital version and it's different than the one I have. Some articles are the same and some are not in the one I have. Unfortunetly the page with you uncles boat is not on line. I think it was from the Poker Run
    http://www.performanceboats.com/magR...php?i=017&p=78