Thread: keeps on shutting shutting off and on

Default keeps on shutting shutting off and on

when i lunch the boat it will be fine until it's about 40 ft awsay then it shuts off like i lost signal. then when ever it wants to run again it will turn back on like i got a signal back. can this be because i droped my controller and sort of broke the antanna. the antanna snaped, but not off completly so i sort of just taped it so it wouldn't fall off.

I would say yes. I did that to one of my micro heli's with a 2.4 radio and it also would get about 30 feet away and down she went.

thanks, i thought that was it, now i got to buy a controller.

Unsoldered 4mm connectors will show the same symptoms. Replace cheap motor connectors using beafier bullets.

OR... I have a UL1 and it had the same symptoms. I would toss it in the water and it would go about 20 - 40 ft and die. Did about 3 or 4 times in a row. I would go retrieve the boat each time try another set of batteries etc. I posted it in this site and someone told me the esc is failing. They had three or four of the UL1's and the group and in all but one had the exact same problem. If you have an alternate esc you might try that to see what happens. I replace my ESC with a swordfish 120 and no more problems.

Add a new cap to the controller, that usually fixes the problem.