Thread: Jesse J's "old" Challenger

Default Jesse J's "old" Challenger

So I was at the park today running my boat that I just completely repaired and Forum user DANA Repainted for me.....I had my fun and when I was all done a youngster came over to me to tell me it was awesome to watch. I explained everything i could to him and his dad and blah....blah....blah.... Then the little guy informs me that he got some of my run on video!!! Woo Hoo He said he would send it to me and he did. So here it is....
    The fat guy in the middle of the screen is me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4QJ...&feature=email
    Aeromarine Challenger,Warehouse hobbies Man O War, Traxxas Blast Rescue Rig, AQ UL-1 Yellow, BE REVO,T-Maxx, Vorza, Baja5B, and the latest addition Baja5T, Wife's gunna keel mee!

Man I cant believe you were in the water with that missle sometimes heading right at you? What would you have time to do if the throttle stuck WOT. Just plain unsafe to do.
    You should practice safe boating......
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Hate to say it but I always hang out in the water when im running if i am dressed for it. If it hits me...fine ..i deserve it. I just just dont run near anyone else swimming etc....Sorry if I break your rules...
    Aeromarine Challenger,Warehouse hobbies Man O War, Traxxas Blast Rescue Rig, AQ UL-1 Yellow, BE REVO,T-Maxx, Vorza, Baja5B, and the latest addition Baja5T, Wife's gunna keel mee!

Jesse, what happend to your head ??
    The last vids I saw of you, you had a ponytail.

I would love to stand in the water and have a boat run right past me, it would deffo up my driving skills.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

God forbid you drop your transmitter.With a high powered boat though it could be dangerous 5 or 6 pounds at 35-70 mph.

Geeez guys. Give him some slack. You ever rip a r/c car past yourself at 60 mph? I do it ALL the time. Run how you want, and let him run how he wants to.

i take it you got everything running smoothly leon, good to see. the video is kinda rough...most people would pan out the camera, instead of trying to chase it around the pond lol. anyways ,paint looks nice all wet in the sun =)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon.O. View Post
    Jesse, what happend to your head ??
    The last vids I saw of you, you had a ponytail.

I would love to stand in the water and have a boat run right past me, it would deffo up my driving skills.
    This is Leon driving - I sold him the boat a couple months ago and he got it all painted up nice. I like to hang out in the water as well, the waterline view and keeping feet wet .... ahhhh summertime. (still have the longhair)

Leon, where's the dudes? You should really get them in there, would make the scene complete. Great work and glad to see you having fun with her.

Was nice of the kid to post up your vid! I have tried a little videoing and driving, but it is a bit stressful. At least you can always know which way you are gonna turn!

J
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Man I didnt want my statement to stir up a fuss! I am just expressing concern. We would hate to see anyone get hurt while boating. Just wanting to look out for the well being of others, you are a grown man and know what the risks are. I just wouldn't want to hear of anyone being hurt from a boat thats all.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    This is Leon driving - I sold him the boat a couple months ago and he got it all painted up nice. I like to hang out in the water as well, the waterline view and keeping feet wet .... ahhhh summertime. (still have the longhair)

J
    Jesse, now I see where I went wrong. I saw the title--watched the vid--typed my reply without realising the OP was leon and not you.

As for running a boat while standing in the water, I say good on ya !!
    Most of the folk here are adults and have enough sense as to what is right and wrong.
    I am sure that if any of you wet feet drivers ever got snotted by your boat you would post it up here with photos of the bruises so we can all have a really good laugh.

Yes I have had a 1/10 buggy hit my ankle at 40mph and that was hilarious My own fault though.
    See it....find the photos.....sketch it it....build it........with wood

Jesse ..Thanks for the compliments..
    You dont even want to know WHY i decided to paint her.....lol ....ok...ok...I guess I will tell.

It all started with an inocent "quick" run. I was working the weekend as I am a tow truck driver and in between calls I decided to take "Chally" ( I named her) for a spin. I put her in the truck with me and went down to the resevoir. NOT EVEN 2 min into the run, she blew over on me !!....battery came disconected. Nice calm water....close to shore.... figured i could do my usual tie string and roll of tape and fish her in......ummm no didn't happen.

The very calm water moved her just out of reach.... So im there trying to get Chally... and a firefighter buddy stopped and "tried to help". His idea was to throw rocks on the other side of her to splash and make waves to bring her closer to shore....It worked....Untill.... HE Nailed her Not once but TWICE!!!! I told him to stop and I would get the boat later( I went out for run at 530pm and it was now 845 pm just gettin dark)

I went back the next morning and had to take a hike through the woods to the other side and I got her on the other shore. Plexiglass was broken and the whole left side was destroyed. Good news though....I recovered the rock that did the damage.....lol

So what the heck.....it was a good excuse to break out the filler and fibermat and a six pack. I also filled in the cleverly covered antenna hole and right side water exit hole and all excess holes in the rear. I also used easyoff and mothers polish to make that black anodized rudder natural aluminum to match all other hardware. attached are some pix of the process.
    1st. Before.... 2nd. all the holes.... 3rd damage from rock
    Attached Images Attached Images

more pix......

And a couple more......
    ok all done with pix....lol I think you can really see how kool dana painted this boat in the last pic. you can see the yellow pearl and the metal flake!!! It looks awesome in person. Dana also painted the Big boat in the background a really kool Pearl Blue and white.
    Hey jesse...see how I saved the etti stickers!!! I had to....my wife liked the penguins!

If she flips make sure you don't swim for it.

Boat looks good. 

Thanks for the story, sounds rough but she looks great! Can I assume you have taken some steps for a low-impact retrieval method?

I know what you mean about the wife liking something about a boat being gold. The worst is when I announce that I am selling one and she gets that face saying, "but that was my favorite one..." AAArrrgg.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I went out and bought a traxxas blast and made a PVC "rig" to fork the disabled boat in. It works really good suprisingly! The steerable outdrive works real good to make it manuverable. Here is a video of it in action....nothing to rescue just trying it out. http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...00616-0914.mp4