Thread: Boat will only plain out when thrown...

Default Boat will only plain out when thrown...

Okay ive never actually thrown the boat but ive been close. this thing will not plain out or trim out what ever language u speak to save my life. ive tried lowering the transom raising it re pitching the prop up and down. ive tried bigger props with sucess. the stock prop wouldnt push a freaken piece of paper folded like a boat down a flowing stream. It acts like it almost gets to the point of leveling out and it hits an air pocket or just loses water and comes to a hault quickly. If i take my BJ26 stock prop and put on it plains out every time. ANY ideas?!

Quote Originally Posted by WrknItUp View Post
    Okay ive never actually thrown the boat but ive been close. this thing will not plain out or trim out what ever language u speak to save my life. ive tried lowering the transom raising it re pitching the prop up and down. ive tried bigger props with sucess. the stock prop wouldnt push a freaken piece of paper folded like a boat down a flowing stream. It acts like it almost gets to the point of leveling out and it hits an air pocket or just loses water and comes to a hault quickly. If i take my BJ26 stock prop and put on it plains out every time. ANY ideas?!
    What is your current setup, motor, batteries, etc? This will help to figure out the problem. If the motor has been upgraded It may be that your stock prop is cavitating (spinning without moving water) because it too small to push the boat at the higher rpms of your modified motor. That is why the bigger props work better. Think of it like small narrow tires on the back of a car that has had a higher horsepower engine put in it, they would just spin when you hit the throttle. But they would have worked fine with the stock lower horsepower engine.
    I may know more when I see your setup.
    Brad
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150

Talking

As of a few days ago i did the full brushless mod. What a pain. Thin plastics hard to work with. The epoxy i was using seemed to heat the plastic a little to much in places. You hit the nail on the head as far as the prop not digging. It had the stock apache prop. I had an extra blackjack 26 setup sitting around that i installed seems to be working fine (going to test today) setup with the blackjack stock prop, stock rudder and drive. Still running NiMh batteries. if it sinks with Styrofoam in the front i didn't lose 300$ in batteries. BUT seriously debating on buying a set for my blackjack. I had it running 3 -7.2 volt NiMh 5000mah and it would prop torque out of the water even with all the extra weight in the front from the batts. Any how ill update on how the apache does with the brushless setup.

WOW! it went from not wanting to move at all, to it wont stay on the water with the prop pitched down. Running stock drive setup for the apache and blackjack stock prop (bigger then the apache obviously). Blackjack 1500kv motor+ ESC. Still running NiMh batts with timing set to low, logarithm throttle, brake off, cut off low and cut off type is at slow down. (needs a damn set of wings) This thing should be a airplane and not a boat. Ill try to post some pics of my setup when i can get everything looking a little prettier then my half a** epoxy job. Really impressed with the performance now! runs with my blackjack finally!