Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Setup for Genesis cat Twin ??

hello;
    I just ordered a set of these mounts for my genesis.Could you tell me how they are installed?Also,it seems like there would be a lot of weight pulling them back and down.I have tried 4 different mounts and none worked.There is not much room to install a motor mount if any.One thing I did notice about the power trims;you have to be very careful drilling the holes to mount them.They are very close together.What I did was get a small piece of 1/8" thick piece of aluminum and matched it to the back of the power trim.drilled all the holes I need then put the small pieces against the inside sponson back and install each one.This is my first twin build so I hope it all works out.At first I am using the stock motors from a genesis,along with two HK 125amp esc's opto.Also have two HK ubec that will be installed.As for batteries I am going to try 2x4cell 5000mah lipo's,after that if needed I will install 2x5 cell lipo's.I will be buying two leopard motors and try them this summer.
    So how have you made out with the build of yours?Looking forward to seeing it done. Have a great day
    AL

What kind of motor mount for your Twin Genesis?
    I use carbon motor mount

Attached Images Attached Images

The GENESIS have a killer look

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 11-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Ive got 2 of the 5S 5000MAH flightmax packs and they fit in the sponsons of the hull. Definatly check the dimensions of batteries your planning on getting before going to 5S

hey There;
    Thanks for letting me know about that.I will not be putting my batteries in the sponson's.I will be adding kevlar to the inside middle hull,then making a platform to mount to that.Thats where I will be installing them.My genesis is going to be dual motor,s, powertrims, esc etc.Alpha gave me the info on were to get the power trim and mounts,they came from Germany.These powertrims can come with bushings or bearings.I got the bearings one.better all the way around.
    I will be adding pics as I go. Have a great day

Forgot to give you the link to Genesis motor mounts so here they are

http://mbp-rc.de/Motorspant-Genesis-GFK_1

http://mbp-rc.de/Motorspant-Genesis-GFK-schwarz_1

How's it going,you did send me the info on the motor mounts which I received yesterday.Now I have to install them.How far back should the mounts be for installing the motors?There will be two motors for this boat along with the powertrims I got from Germany.I also got a spare set of bearings and bushings just in case.I have ordered items from Hongkong and the powertrims were here long before the items from Hongkong.So shipping from germany is a snap,quick.....I forgot;how would you attach the motor mounts in the sponson's?
    Thankyou for your assistance

I use a Bostik Araldite slow action, this is an extra strong long lasting adhesive, ideal for large areas and assembling a number of components.Solvent free, heat and cold, water and oil resistant.Bonds metals, wood, masonry, ceramics, glass and most hard plast….

I finally got the power trims,and spent awhile installing them.The mounting holes are way to close together.When I checked inside the hull the screws were almost touching each other.I got a piece aluminum and installed it in the hull.It now has better support.The mounts are here I will get to that sooner or later,6 inches of snow here,and -20 who needs a boat.I do have something for the winter.I took a rustler and converted it to a snow machine.The back tires have chains and there is a set of ski's in the front.Now I have to reprogram the esc for a soft start,an bring the power level down.If I want to post a pic,can someone tell me how.Muchly appreciated.

Well, first I install carbon motor mounts, and I reinforce the hull with light hybrid glass/carbon layer. the back of sponsons will be reinforced with carbon plates.
    I' ve found a very good deal, 1 square meter of hybrid layer 75% carbon 25% glass for 15€

Forgot to talk about the bulkhead, I' ve got the pdf file if you need it

I ran my twin genesis for the first time last week! Ran pretty good. I forgot to lower the steering end point, so I ended up flipping the boat in the turn. Other than that it runs great. Glad to see other twins around...

Hi Jason, what is your setup? Yes, a twin is great,

I'm running 2 2700kv motors on 4s. I have one 4s 5000ma going to each motor.

You' ve got a nice speed with 40000 RPM unload... and a cool stereo sound

Hey guys;I figured out how to upload pics.Go to my gallery and you can view the gen; and the rustler.

Any ideas on what kind of props I should be using on my setup? I hope I am not highjacking your thread??

Your not hijacking anything.As I did my research as to what props and found one person who stated he used a x442 cupped L&R.You can always prop it up later.Thats what I will be trying on mine first and see what results I get.

One of those sets, Graupner carbon K series, Tenshock CNC macined, Octura X

Here is a link to the maiden voyage on my twin. Sorry for the bad video. I was running 37mm props.... I was thinking that she is running low 40's???? My GPS was dead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVvi1Y3AdE

Default Jumper.......

Hello;
    When I viewed your video it looked like it almost jumping out of the water,moves out nice.What are you running,?single or dual.

I am running dual 2700kv motors on 4s with 37mm props. Yep it jumps out of the water during takeoff!!! I just got my T180s today!!!! Cant wait to run again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234