Thread: What voltage to charge at???

Default What voltage to charge at???

Hey

I have a Swallow EQ charger and i have 22.2v LIPO battery packs to charge although i realised that my charger only goes up to a 19.6v as its maximum Voltage when choosing Lipo mode to charge.

Can i just charge my 22.2v packs on 19.6v?

Also i have a 6.6v LIFE battery do i have to change the voltage to 6.6v as well or can i just keep it at 19.6v

Thanks
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by agressive1 View Post
    Hey

I have a Swallow EQ charger and i have 22.2v LIPO battery packs to charge although i realised that my charger only goes up to a 19.6v as its maximum Voltage when choosing Lipo mode to charge.

Can i just charge my 22.2v packs on 19.6v?

Also i have a 6.6v LIFE battery do i have to change the voltage to 6.6v as well or can i just keep it at 19.6v

Thanks
    Dean
    Hey guy, your question is too vague! A charger is rated by amperage, and how many cells it will charge. voltage is varied by the charger and so a charger is only good for so many cells. read your chargers manual. if your charger is good for 4 lipos then you will not be able to charge 6 lipo cells. what little i know of the swallow charger, will charge up to 6 lipos at .1- 6 amps so you will be fine!
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Ok

But when i charge with a LIPO i can choose a different voltage setup on the charger as well as me changing the Mah etc, do i just leave it at 19.6v?

Cant a 4s charger charge 8 s (two 4s packs in parallel)? but it would take longer.

I did a little reasearch online and think I found a manual for your charger to try and help answer your question. Is your charger the Swallow EQ ac/dc charger with 50 watt output? Exactly what packs are you trying to charge? One 6s pack, two 4s packs????

Hey yes it is that charger

Iam charging a Flightmax 5000mah 22.2v 6s lipo packs, one at a time.

And a LIFEPO4 850mah 6.6v 2s battery.

So what do i set the Voltage at to charge these batterys?

Okay I read the manual and I think you may be in the wrong charge mode for your LiPo packs. LiFe charge mode has a max charge voltage of 19.8v max. LiPo charge mode has a charge rate of 22.2v and thats the mode you need for your 6s Lipo packs. The LiFe charge mode also has a 6.6 volt setting so thats what you need for your LiFe pack.

Now the bad news. That charger has only a 50 watt output as does many ac/dc chargers. Expect a charge time over two hours for each 6s/5000 mAh pack.
    Last edited by Chilli; 06-17-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Hey

Yes thats correct, i thought i was rite with what i was doing just wanted to ask first.

Yeah will take a while to charge aww well, will have to be a over night charge.

Quote Originally Posted by agressive1 View Post
    Hey

Yes thats correct, i thought i was rite with what i was doing just wanted to ask first.

Yeah will take a while to charge aww well, will have to be a over night charge.
    You're gonna leave a 6s lipo to charge overnight unattended?

Will be attended of course :)