Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sv 27 motor

Are you serious Reddy...hmm how about the 632 I'm gonna get me a 537..10amp could be the make or break point also...thats good to know
    Last edited by RCprince; 01-23-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I believe that I wish to be in the same kingdom as the "RCprince". So as a follower what all is your setup to get these speeds? I all into drag racing too. Going in slow circles is not my cup of coffee either with all due respect to all. So my question is out to the "RCprince".

Ok so would the X-Power Brushless 100a Esc be a good match with the Ammo 2600? Or is there a Feigao that would be a better equivalent? If yes on the Feigao, which one exactly? How long are the runs on the Ammo 2600? What ESC are you using?
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-23-2008 at 11:51 AM.

oh yea, much due respect to those who do ovals they are the fore runners of the sport... thats a giving, they make sure the equipment is up to par. my cousins use to gas oval back in the day with riggers and picco 80's and 90's it was lots of fun I'd watch and enjoy and have fun...but i'd let you in on a secret I could,nt steer a herd of sheep...I'd swipe everyones boat, So i'll stay with my strength...SAW...(Straight And Wideopen)
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Sweet that Esc with that 2600 and 2-2S's or 2-6 or 7 cell should get you above 48 easy...try a 640 or 642 max....

Thank you! So is that a good ESC? What are you using?

a Phoenix HV110

Yikes .... $229.99! That is almost the cost of a whole new boat! Is the X-Power Brushless any good or should I penny pinch and get the Phoenix?

not sure , you'd be better off getting a hydra 120 in that case

So the X-Power is not any good? Any experience or heard anything with them?

I'm not saying it's bad, maybe some of these guys heard of it....most of these guys run the hydra 120 as an upgrade for 2-2s's or 14 nimhs

Default X-Power

Thank you RCprince!

OSE sells them so I figured it was commonly being used. Can anyone chime in on the X-Power products?

Ok I got the Castle Creations Hydra Watercooled 120 ESC for $154.99, also purchased the AMMO 2600Kv. Well there goes some of my $600.00 tax relief! So with that, I'm not going to pursue the X-Power product. :)
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-23-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Where did you get that ammo from...everywhere I look there out of stock..I need a couple more..I like em

Default Ammo 2600

Ordered from Tower Hobbies. It's on back ordered to Feb. though. That's ok though with me as I have the AMMO 2300Kv in hand. :)
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-23-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Just a fyi, the ammo's are 2 pole motors, far different than the 6pole stock sv motor. I have been selling the sv guys L size motors which are a direct comparison to the ammo 2300. If you want some mind popping speed a feigao xl is the way to go.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

So I should be good with the Castle Creations Hydra Watercooled 120 and the AMMO 2600kv? Any starting prop suggestions?

I'd say between a 640 and a 642 max

Sweet, Sweet! Thank you for the prop. info. So what about the ESC good enough for the AMMO 2600kv??
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-23-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Steve I wanted to try an XL in my out Board But I'd have to drill out the drive dog in the motor I'd rather a 3.2mm shaft thats why I went with the 9L

Lost me, I thought this was a SuperVee posting area?? I think Steve is referring to a SuperVee application? :)
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-23-2008 at 08:35 PM.

LOL..Yea Steve is the God of this forum so he gets to go where ever he pleases...It comes with the territory

Well then Steven, maybe I'll get one then. So what Feigao XL motor do you recommend for "some mind popping speed" to match up with the Hydra 120? I will be using NIMH's. Remember this is for a SV. :)

Thank you all for your input, everyone!
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-24-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Where'd you go Steven? Which L are you recommending?

540 6L 4,096 RPM / Volt 5mm Shaft
    540 7L 3,511 RPM / Volt 5mm Shaft
    540 8L 3,072 RPM / Volt 5mm Shaft
    540 9L 2,731 RPM / Volt 5mm Shaft

I'm waiting to place an order with you. :)

Also any reason to stay away from the XL's?
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-25-2008 at 10:07 PM.

sorry I've been short handed the last few days.
    I would recommend a XL motor. The xl's have more mass and torque. I have had many guys run 8xl's. the temps of the motor and esc will be much lower. more rpm is not always a good thing. It took me a while to understand that, but when I finally did, I stopped burning so much stuff up.

I'm running a syncron with a 8xl and x646 on 4s for sprint running at in the low 50mph range. So far so good.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Ok great to see you are still alive!!! Heheheh, so not the L's now, but the XL and the 8XL specifically? So I have the Hydra 120 will be running 4600 NIMH's and you feel the 8XL Feigao in a SuperVee is a maximum setup? I want to be sure this will be the best setup for drag racing before I place an order. You see I was informed that an AMMO 2600kv can be used in the SV. You recommend the 8XL.

I'm confused you see since the 8XL is only 2,084 RPM and the AMMO is 2600kv, so it this 8XL going to be slower or is this not a fair comparison of the two? Will there be any disadvantage of the XL over the L as they are larger like you said, will the runtime be shorter than the equivalent L?

Sorry to be a pain, I hate to order and then return.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-25-2008 at 10:33 PM.

the XL has more torque than the ammo so in theory and practice you'd run more efficient lower amp draw, lower heat build up larger prop. but your running drags short runs...

So what should I get with this setup to run the SV27 at it's maximum capability of the hull design? I can always adjust speed with ESC and prop. sizes right? In other words what is the best Brushless runnable motor that anyone can run for this hull design? So far the highest value I have been told is the 2600kv. Is that the limit?

Will it be anything like this or faster??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZCM...eature=related

Thanks!!
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-25-2008 at 11:25 PM.

It's trial and error...Time, CG, Prop...Lipo's... effort

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    So what should I get with this setup to run the SV27 at it's maximum capability of the hull design? I can always adjust speed with ESC and prop. sizes right? In other words what is the best Brushless runnable motor that anyone can run for this hull design? So far the highest value I have been told is the 2600kv. Is that the limit?

Will it be anything like this or faster??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZCM...eature=related

Thanks!!

How hast do you want to go? There is really no reason to put a Ammo 2600 in a SV unless you just want short straight line passes.. JMO. I have had SV27's for a couple years now 2 different ones and both I left the stock escs and motors in.. I ran both on 2S2P lipos and S&B M445 prop, I get 42-44mph all day long with this set-up. No heat issues, never had anything "smoke" on me. The boat is very unstable (pushing the limit on handling) in oval race water at 42-44mph..

Ok that is what I wanted to know. But somehow RCprince is using a 2600 and running it successfully. How is that so then? Yes! I do want speed but and but not to hurt anything. Fast passes and being able to run with no major issues.

Any ideas still?
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 01-26-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast