Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sv 27 motor

Default sv 27 motor

I can't seem to locate where I saw it but what is the sv27 motor rpms ? say at 14.8 volts. Any info will be nice and very helpful, Thanks.:D
    :D I do What I like !! "AINOSHETU"
    Island Boys Fast Electric

I believe its 1800kv, so multiply that by the voltage you plan on driving it at to find rpm's.

26,640 rpm at 14.8 volts
    Island Boys Fast Electric Hawaii

I kinda thought it was near 26,000 . hmmmm might have a secret surprise in my SV on Sunday.....hehe.

Eh ! Tunda's Vegas ready yet ?

Talking

hope to finish by sun im at work right now logged on with my psp
    Hawaiian Tunda

Default Motor

It's 1600Kv. That is how Tower Hobbies has it in their specs in their printed catalog. They get info from Aquacraft according to their customer support. You won't see that spec online on Tower's site under the Vee's Specs or the motor's specs but will find it on their online catalog.

http://www.towerhobbies.com/catalog/...-tcat-p171.pdf

Last edited by SweetAccord; 10-12-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Thanx SweetAccord, It might be cool to fit a 13 xl in the SV27 just for the instant accelleration......hmmmm might need some airplane wings attached to it...lol.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mauian View Post
    Thanx SweetAccord, It might be cool to fit a 13 xl in the SV27 just for the instant accelleration......hmmmm might need some airplane wings attached to it...lol.
    That would be sweet. Maybe turn it into one of those Air-Boat R/C's? Well, I have the AMMO motor, wish I had a boat to put it in.
    Last edited by SweetAccord; 10-12-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Well I finally got my boat but I will be doing other mods to it first.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if a 2600kv Ammo motor would be a better choice than the 2300kv in the SV27? I read that the 2600's are being used for drag racing which is what I'm all into. Also wondering is the stock ESC will take on the 2600kv with no issues or would the X-Power Brushless 70a Esc be a nice replacement to match up with the 2600kv?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetAccord View Post
    Also wondering is the stock ESC will take on the 2600kv with no issues or would the X-Power Brushless 70a Esc be a nice replacement to match up with the 2600kv?

Anyone have any suggestions?
    The 2300KV Ammo is pushing the limits of the stock ESC... I'd definately upgrade the ESC if using either of the motors mentioned...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Would you say the Product ID: xpo-blb70a X-Power Brushless 70a ESC is good enough with IB4600's?

Would you say the Product ID: xpo-blb70a X-Power Brushless 70a ESC is good enough with IB4600's?
    I can't say for sure... I don't have any experience with that ESC...

If it's rated at 70a... I'd think it should work fine...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I have run the 2300 and 2600 ammo on my stock esc with no issues to date.
    that is not to say that you won't but I think you will be fine on the stock esc for a while.
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

One spike with that 2600 on that SV esc and kaboom...and there might be some collateral damages to like your lipo's I should know trust me
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

No Lipo's here. Just NIMH for now. So it's a 50/50% answer huh. Ok. Avanti27 says it's ok, RCprince says no. Hmmm.....

I run nimhs
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Uhuh, so I'm wondering what the issue RCprince had then?

we killed one lipo and blew the esc, we were running a grimracer 45x68 along with the ammo 2600 and 2 2s 3300
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

So would the GrimRacer L44x66 prop have been a better option to get away with and not blow anything?

Those props are too big...right now I'm running a Fiegao 9l( 2731 kv) X637 with 5s on an EP1 and out running any SV you can bring my way

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    Those props are too big...right now I'm running a Fiegao 9l( 2731 kv) X637 with 5s on an EP1 and out running any SV you can bring my way
    Ok, on 4s you would be over 40,000 rpm. The Ep1 and the feigao arent even close to being efficient enough to run that for more than a couple passes without melting something. 5s is as feasible as the bridge im gonna sell you.
    Last edited by Steakhouse; 01-22-2008 at 10:24 PM.

the prop was your problem not the 2600

Quote Originally Posted by Steakhouse View Post
    Ok, on 4s you would be over 40,000 rpm. The Ep1 and the feigao arent even close to being efficient enough to run that for more than a couple passes without melting something. 5s is as feasible as the bridge im gonna sell you.
    We drag race...no time for circles the earths already spinning, Steakhouse bring your SV we'll be in Valdosta (Thur 17 April - Sun 20 April) for the SV open class...who laugh last laugh the best ;-) mums the word.
    Last edited by RCprince; 01-23-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Avanti I knew the Prop was the Problem I kept telling him to prop down...then kaboom green smoke of death

You will easily be pulling 60 plus amps. That's way to close to the maximum rating. I would run a minimum of 100amps or greater.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Using a Y537/3 prop can lower your load by 10 amps with close to the same speed over the X637 prop. Just another option. I noticed Steven has started selling it.
    Last edited by ReddyWatts; 01-23-2008 at 07:34 AM.
    ReddyWatts fleet photo
    M1 Supercat - Neu 1527 1Y, 8s / Mean Machine- Feigao 580, 8s, 120 HV esc
    Mean Machine - Feigao 540 14XL, 8s, 100 amp HV esc, X537/3

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    We drag race...no time for circles the earths already spinning, Steakhouse bring your SV we'll be in Valdosta (Thur 17 April - Sun 20 April) for the SV open class...who laugh last laugh the best ;-) mums the word.
    That does sound like fun. Any motor in the Supervee? I ve heard that they blow over if you try to push them hard. Cool
    Last edited by Steakhouse; 01-23-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Just gotta take the time to balance her out....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast