Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: New Hobby King Cat (Surge Crusher)

They just started making a similar sized cat to the surge under a few names, i forgot about it but it looks like they are just using that one and slapping "surge crusher" on the side.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20...showimage.html
    It must be heavy! 60kg per hour!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/27...oat_9203_.html

and they even sell an apparition with a backwards hatch!
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23...Boat_Twin.html

hahaha the name is wave squeezer!

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/33...aran_boat.html

Well I got it in an Joysway box, and the boat is aprox 62cm in lenght an 21cm in width.

It's bought in an Norwegian Hobby store.

So I quess it's sold under the same name(well mostly) with slightly diff. hull.
    I'm happy with it , good speed, and for the price i pay'd I'm not expecting any more out of it.

I'm awaiting some naotech packs,to se how they perform, and a 3s pack to make a 5s settup.

The boat one there looks like it has the same motor too and the motor says it is 1500kv so that is probobly your kv. You might want to put a different esc in there, i haven't tried it on 5s with the stock esc but i don't know if the esc can handle it.

Well, I'll find out then, hehe. Based on the heat in the boat after a run, wich is non. I guess I could squise out some more from the stock settup. I wount put any more money into this right now as it's getting colder and darker fast here in Norway , so next spring, a new esc and a better radio than the stock.Now I have to try to get some time with my trex 500 and my 1/16 tiger tank, they are collecting dust...

Hehe! That sounds good! I have always wanted to mod one of those takes to shoot a .22 round, But that might get ugly if there was ever any radio interference!

A bit hard to drive and film at the same time. Tried out some difference prop angels last night.

Looks pretty fast!! I wonder if that hull handles any better than the olter one?

Managed to get 2 packs last night to.
    It's running best with the blue pack's, the hard case one's are just a tad to big for this tight hull, and making it dip up and down with the front att full speed.With the blue turnigy's ,the front stay's more level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoxbVLtBYhU
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well i just ran my surge for the first time in a while! typhoon 1100kv on 6 s and a K51! I still had all the stock running gear! Everything was cold except motor was slightly warm to the touch. It was great and was much faster than stock, my gps needs a new batt so no speed. I am gonna make a new strut and get 3/16ths gear. And i am gonna try the k54 and K57 if that runs well! :):)

tried to ran my new setup but piano wire drive spun inside the coupler bc i didnt tighten it enough.

grim racer 40x57 3blade prop didnt work out for me for some reason...boat would not go even at WOT not sure but it have cause the piano wire to slip.

So much more space to work in you're hpi. My hatch is so narrow. se post:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...&postcount=235

It seems my motor sit's high to. I would like to get the Turnigy H500 motor, but would i need a new motor mount to. And cooling, anything to recommend there? for the motor ?

Quote Originally Posted by maxmekker View Post
    So much more space to work in you're hpi. My hatch is so narrow. se post:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...&postcount=235

It seems my motor sit's high to. I would like to get the Turnigy H500 motor, but would i need a new motor mount to. And cooling, anything to recommend there? for the motor ?
    yea noticed you have a different surge!

the typhoon 1800kv outrunner motor im running is actually really good combination with the turnigy 180amp esc...i noticed they only get warm not even hot!!...love the setup just need to buy another 3/16 shaft and find the right prop.

Yeah, seems like a nice combo. But that's next year for me, If I still have the hull :-).

But what cooler to go with the typhoon? anything to recommend, that will fit.
    And Is it (the typhoon)bigger ore smaller than the stock motor.

And for prop, as I said before, the stock setup I have now with the Prather 215 prop that came with the boat, it's getting good speed and heat is not an issue at all.
    But I would like to get some other prop recommandation's.

I got 1 3s 4000 packs on the way,to try out a 5s settup and also some 2s nanotech packs to try out. I feel like there is more rpm to get out of the motor.

Yeah, seems like a nice combo. But that's next year for me, If I still have the hull :-).

But what cooler to go with the typhoon? anything to recommend, that will fit.
    And Is it (the typhoon)bigger ore smaller than the stock motor.

And for prop, as I said before, the stock setup I have now with the Prather 215 prop that came with the boat, it's getting good speed and heat is not an issue at all.
    But I would like to get some other prop recommandation's.

I got 1 3s 4000 packs on the way,to try out a 5s settup and also some 2s nanotech packs to try out. I feel like there is more rpm to get out of the motor.
    you dont really need a cooler for the typhoon bc remember its an out runner but im running this http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...od=rcbp1814011 stock is just fine tho.

heres more info on the motor. tested it with the turnigy kv/rpm meter
    32k rpm @ 1900kv no load on 2x 4s wired in parallel

noticed running two 4s wired in parallel cause the boat to flip easier bc flipped the boat 1st time wit that setup.

yea stock prop is really good but i've tried octura x440 3blade prop works awesome!

Yea my typhoon felt like it was sitting in the sun for a half hour after a 7min WOT run. Not very warm without water cooling. But that was the 1100kv version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacked1 View Post
    Yea my typhoon felt like it was sitting in the sun for a half hour after a 7min WOT run. Not very warm without water cooling. But that was the 1100kv version.
    the typhoon 600h fits on the stock mount good or what? i noticed its abit bigger in diameter than the 500h so i didnt get it.

It fits perfectly! i was planning to run it on 8s and a turnigy 100amp hv esc BUT the esc gets out of sync with the motor and i was pretty mad about it! so i went with a 120amp aquastar and huge prop on 6s.

Well so much for waiting untill spring. I went with the 180 amp turnigy and the typhoon 500 motor last night.
    Let's hope it's here before the temp gets below zero.

Default Timing help

Well, first run after winter for me. One run with 2x 2s and a couple of run's with 5s setup(3+2 s)

I got the 180 esc and a Turnigy 500 outrunner 1600KV. I would like to get some timing recommendation's for this motor. It got hot with the 5s run's. Like to hot to touch the first 5 mins and nice and fingerwarming the next 5.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, first run after winter for me. One run with 2x 2s and a couple of run's with 5s setup(3+2 s)

I got the 180 esc and a Turnigy 500 outrunner 1600KV. I would like to get some timing recommendation's for this motor. It got hot with the 5s run's. Like to hot to touch the first 5 mins and nice and fingerwarming the next 5.

Thanks.
    Set your timing up. It will get hot with low timing. Advance it to 15 at minimum. It's an 8 pole motor. =)

I run one in a 24" mono on 6s and doesn't get hot, just warm.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Will do m8, thanks. I had 11,25 today.
    Is there a guide somewhere to tell timing on different motors( and what type of motor likes high/low timing ,like you say ,it's an 8 pole motor )

thanks

Default Lipo for stock 50amp esc

Hi newbie here , just got myself a Surge Crusher, everything is still stock. May like to ask , how many mah lipo is more than enough to power this boat.

Cause I plan to use 30c two 2s lipo 4000mah? Is 4000mah more than enough. My main point is not to burn or overstress the esc.

Cause some members here say running on 3300 mah 30c two 2S, after a full run the esc and motor is pretty hot.

Thanks
    Ket2175

Well, I would say, get a 125/ ore 180 amp hobbyking esc asap.( the 180 is big,and a tight fit in the hull) but on stock electronic , 4s is more than enough I would say. I burned the ecs on 5s with a prather 215.
    Here all stock with 4s+ prather 215 prop.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKdk...ure=plpp_video

here stock with 4s first and then on 5s, all stock(prather 215)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDM2w...ure=plpp_video

and here, typhoon 500+turnigy 180 amp esc , first 4s and then 5s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7wMY...ure=plpp_video
    Drammen rock City

Ok noted thanks maxmekker. Btw have u heard or use before Birdy boat esc from Hobbyking?

nope. Only the 180 amp , and I got one of this for spare, but sold it before I tried it.

HK-B125A (Enter in search bar)
    I did however, remove the heat sink, sanded it down smooth and reset it with thermo dob.sided tape, since it was only touching 2 of the chips on the ecs

I would say, get the the 125 /180 amp + prog card ecs

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8937
    Drammen rock City

Look like some of the people use heli or plane brushless motor for boat, is this ok?

And is there any website, thats tell newbie like me , what is the motor speed for which size motor and suitable esc to match with.

Many thanks
    Ket2175
    Last edited by ket2175; 01-29-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789