Thread: New Hobby King Cat (Surge Crusher)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE=electric;200456
    On the debated shaft issue. Look at the picture that comes with the boat, it specifcally states to push it through to the motor(step2). I took a picture of it. See that groove in the shaft. that prevents the shaft from comming out the back of the strut. I just thought about it some more. You could remove the prop, drivedog and the strut itself and then probably pull it out the back...

Once I get the leak fixed (almost fried my datalogger) I will take it out for a long run for more data and heat testing[/QUOTE]

It could be sucking in the water through the drive shaft.

From the instruction (I have the same as you just for a different boat, they must use one for all) you only need to do step 1 and pull out the shaft and the strut/prop assembly. I also drilled a small hole into the strut to lubricate inside there with out taking apart the assembly all the time. Just cover the hole with tape and it seems to works well.

Wow, 60km/h for a cheap stock boat is not bad at all. Try it on 5s :)

Check out the pictures, I have the same square motor coupler and same one screw removal as in your instructions. I took step by step pictures. Is yours not the same system?
    Attached Images Attached Images