Thread: Run dual batterys to make 5s?

Default Run dual batterys to make 5s?

How would a person make 5s total with 2 batteries in a ul-1?Can you run a 3s and a 2s together to make 5s?Dont sound right to me.I wanna run 5s in my ul-1 but am unsure how to do it.

You can put a 2S and 3S in series as long as they are the same capacity, C rating etc.

But I wouldn't do it with the stock electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    You can put a 2S and 3S in series as long as they are the same capacity, C rating etc.

But I wouldn't do it with the stock electronics.
    I have a Hydra 120 with extra capps and an external BEC that I can run up to 6s on and I have an Ammo 2300kv motor.Hope it works.The 2s and 3s I have are the exact same everything except the 3s and 2s part.Is this how people normally run 5s in a dual pack application?I really dont want to risk the parts Im using just to run 5s.Thanks for your help.

You can do this safely provideing both packs are relatively new (one can't be old and one new) they ideally should have have the same C-rating, mAh capacity.

It would also be a very good idea to charge both packs together as a 5s also, this would be much better for the long run and life of these packs.
    Heres a balance plug wire diagram to allow you to do this.
    http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_pi...s_wmain.gif~14

I can't comment on the ESC being used.
    Last edited by BondoBrushless; 06-14-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Thats 42000 rpm,,,,,way to much!

Also Hydras on 6S have a bad tendency to fail.

Ok.Sounds good.Thanks for the advise guys.One battery is older and one newer.And I definitely dont wanna toast my esc.Looks like Im sticking with good ole 4s.I was wondering about the 5s thing because Ive read of people running it on here in theyre ul-1's.But o'well,thanks again for the advice.

It can be done, just not advisable with different ages. For a quick experiment I'm sure I'd be OK, Just not extended runs. The decide if this is what you want them get a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by BondoBrushless View Post
    It can be done, just not advisable with different ages. For a quick experiment I'm sure I'd be OK, Just not extended runs. The decide if this is what you want them get a new pair.
    I dont think Im gona run the 5s setup.Batteries are different ages.I just dont want to risk it,not even for a short time.Its not worth it with the money I paid for the Hydra 120.Ill just wait till someone has the 50c/100c ThunderPower batteries in and run it on 4s.Was looking for more speed,but 5s would prob be too much for the ul-1 anyway.I appreciate your help.