Thread: First Run Today On My UL1 ????

Default First Run Today On My UL1 ????

Today was the first run and I wanted to run it stock to get a base line. 5000 mha Venom 50C Lipos, Stock Prop. Nice water several runs at 41 mph. Temps were ok. Not as fast as I thought it would be. How much difference would the upgraded prop make. I would like to get into the high 40's maybe 50. Any coments welcome. Phil

Lower your strut to 1 1/8" then bolt on the Grim Racer L40x57/3 prop (SHARPENED and balanced). The Octura M440 and X442 are also fast. I have achieved 50mph using the Grim Racer prop.

Do a search in the UL-1 forum there is lots of info on setups and mods for the boat
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

When I put the boat on my table the strut had way to much negative angle. I had to take the strut all apart and really bend on the tube to get it to neutral at 1". I have a 40 57 3 prop on the way. Thanks Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Philmunsterman View Post
    When I put the boat on my table the strut had way to much negative angle. I had to take the strut all apart and really bend on the tube to get it to neutral at 1". I have a 40 57 3 prop on the way. Thanks Phil
    Actually you want 1 or 2 degrees negative angle with your strut.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"