Thread: Regenerative Discharging

Default Regenerative Discharging

I entered a bit of a conversation over on R/C Groups in the "Batteries & Charger" section & thought some of you guys might be interested in it & maybe add some experiences of your own here to complement it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1255751

Cheers.
    Paul.

It actually makes some pretty good sense. Its crossed my mind in those odd moments when I ponder lipo storage during the off months. Certainly couldnt hurt to do some basic research and see what might be worked out with the inventory.

John
    Change is the one Constant

I only have 7 years and change of lipo experience but i was taught by a couple knowledgeable folks.

Though it takes more time i always balance my packs down to my storage voltage with a discharger/balancer so i can monitor them, then a quick rebalance check after they are all done and then put them to bed. I am a balance whore and some may see this as excessive (or paranoid) but the investment is my reason for doing so.

For a fast dump ya the resistor setups are nifty and storing the juice, i prefer the low and slow style while monitoring, takes alot more time, just my preference. crank the music and watch the display.