Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Geico 29 BL Catamaran Videos

I have to give Proboat some credit, I always steered people away from their boats but it looks like they are finally listening to the FE guys and putting out some quality stuff. Between this hull and the new tunnel I am going to have to get a second job. Great job Darin and Andy!!
    Team Liquid Dash

Crazy the two boats they have coming out!
    Big step forward...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Crazy the two boats they have coming out!
    It almost makes you wonder what's coming out next Thursday ...

Seriously, I know months ahead what new boats and planes are coming out, but often not which week because I'm too busy to keep track. Thursday morning at work is fun for me to check the new products page. "Oh good, those are announced now!" I'm just dying to see what we say on the www.SpektrumRC.com website when the countdown expires. I'll probably stay up that night, too.

For these two boats I was watching closely - even stayed up till the wee hours for the Stiletto announcement. I'm really pumped on these.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Seriously, I know months ahead what new boats and planes are coming out, but often not which week because I'm too busy to keep track. Thursday morning at work is fun for me to check the new products page. "Oh good, those are announced now!" I'm just dying to see what we say on the www.SpektrumRC.com website when the countdown expires. I'll probably stay up that night, too.

For these two boats I was watching closely - even stayed up till the wee hours for the Stiletto announcement. I'm really pumped on these.

Andy
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hmmmm..... Now you have ME curious too!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Hmmmm..... Now you have ME curious too!
    I believe it is a new spektrum radio. There has been a teaser on the spektrum site for a bit now.

Darin Jordan

This post is for you...first of all many many kudos for helping design the first small scale cat that actually has some girth...11" wide....its absolutely awesome

now here is my question.....looking at the video of it...it seems to be handling exactly like my sprintcat that I thought was having handling problems...is this normal?

not sure if you would call it porpoising but listen to the whine of the motor ......its not a steady whine......it sounds like the prop is catching and letting go intermittently

here is a video of the first run where you can see the boats slight bouncing....please evaluate Darin

is this normal?

click here
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Sounds like a similar problem I had with my converted tc-31. Turns out I had the strut height set perfectly with the prop half in/half out of the water. But strut angle was a bit too posotive causing the bow to porpoise and causing the prop to dip in and out of the water slightly(same motor pulsing sound) I raised the strut 1mm and gave it a tiny negative adjustment on the strut angle and it went away. Sorry, I know I'm not Darin, just wanted to tell you my experience. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Sounds like a similar problem I had with my converted tc-31. Turns out I had the strut height set perfectly with the prop half in/half out of the water. But strut angle was a bit too posotive causing the bow to porpoise and causing the prop to dip in and out of the water slightly(same motor pulsing sound) I raised the strut 1mm and gave it a tiny negative adjustment on the strut angle and it went away. Sorry, I know I'm not Darin, just wanted to tell you my experience. Good luck!
    Forescott....hey man anyone that wants to chime in please do

and I apoligise to anyone here who thinks I jacked this thread but I feel that if its an issue in my boat then the boat in the geico vid has an issue and should be addresed.......out of the 14 responses I got in my thread about this not one single person thought that is was normal for my boat to run this way

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=15173

Where do you see porpoising in the Geico video?

Andy

Where do you see porpoising in the Geico video?

Andy
    clearly at 10 -12 sec and again at 27 sec and actually any time you here that motor pulsating sound

like I stated in my first question about this

"not sure if you would call it porpoising but listen to the whine of the motor ......its not a steady whine......it sounds like the prop is catching and letting go intermittently

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    clearly at 10 -12 sec and again at 27 sec and actually any time you here that motor pulsating sound

like I stated in my first question about this

"not sure if you would call it porpoising but listen to the whine of the motor ......its not a steady whine......it sounds like the prop is catching and letting go intermittently
    With a plastic prop on the boat, it's naturally going to load/unload the prop, as the blades flex and lose pitch, then bend back...

It's just a matter of tuning and tweaking. The boat in the Miss Geico Video is straight off the manufactures workbench. It's not a characteristic of the hull, it's a tuning issue that will work itself out with proper battery placement, strut adjustment, and prop tuning.

On some cats, however, the step design can cause this type of issue at certain speeds...

Nice stuff....looks like PB is in the lead over AQ

I'd go with what Darin said. One of the problems with plastic props is the flexing. And yes, the Geico was not tuned at all - it was exactly as you'd get it in the box. I'm sure you guys will tune that out in about 3 runs.

The other thing, though, is that the boat is seeing some very slight ripple on the water. Ripple will always cause a change in RPM (if not, you're about to become upside down!). There's nothing wrong with that.

Your SC was far more pronounced, though, and seeing how it wanted to run nose-down, I'd guess you had either/both a CG and prop angle issue. It was nice and fast, though!

Andy

That is a beautiul boat. I love it!
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

This would be a great hull to go with the Mean Machine , to see which one is better. They are just about the same size, maybe swap props on them. I want one!!!!

PB is going to sell a pascillion of these.

AND!! it's not just cool. It falls right into the rule set that a lot of clubs have been playing with for a couple seasons now. Nice job Darin.

Is a pascillion more than a buttjillion??

I think it's one less zero than a buttjillion.

Whatever it is, PLEASE don't tell Obama or Congress what comes after TRILLION.

Andy

Whatever it is, PLEASE don't tell Obama or Congress what comes after TRILLION.

Andy
    Hyper inflation and Revolution.....

this cat looks really good. I am in the process of building a skunkworks gen 2 32" cat. If this was out, I would buy it now. But maybe I will get mine done first? At the rate I build, I will probably buy one and have it running before my 32 gets wet!

I really like this one, especially the press on hatch seal. Me liky!

Brian

You and me both befu,, my skunk probly wont be done yet either but i really like the geico may have to get one when its out...

Wink

SWEET GOTTA HAVE ME ONE !!!!!!!!!!!

THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

steven are you gonna stock any of thease, would wrather spend my money with u then someone else...........
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

I agree, first choice would be to buy it from Steven.

my thought exactly ...........

For sure, you no you'd get it in just a couple days, man he's fast....

I know you don't like to take pre-orders Steven but......

Hey guys, I am not sure what this means but have a look?!
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/categories.php?cat=8

HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    Hey guys, I am not sure what this means but have a look?!
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/categories.php?cat=8
    Hey... I don't see any Stilettos listed there...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast