Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Miss Geico 29 BL Catamaran Videos

Could someone tell me the hull ONLY measurements ?

Cheers jason
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Hull is $200, hardware (rudder & Strut) is only $20-$40, the rest I have piles of.

Thanks guys. I was getting frustrated by all the threads on the boat and I wasn't seeing the pics I hoped. I'm fine now, medicated... LOL...

Andy, what part#'s do I need for strudder assembly? Hull is PRB4101....
    Does the hull come with the stuffing tube ?

Where can i get the hull only guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by scoota View Post
    Does the hull come with the stuffing tube ?

Where can i get the hull only guys ?
    I'm assuming it comes with the stuffing tube, since it's laminated in.

ALL of the ProBoat stuff is available from Horizon Hobby...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I'm assuming it comes with the stuffing tube, since it's laminated in.

ALL of the ProBoat stuff is available from Horizon Hobby...
    Thanks Darin

Darin, once you mentioned the a bind and go version. Did that ever happen? I hate to have yet another radio in my mix.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Darin, once you mentioned the a bind and go version. Did that ever happen? I hate to have yet another radio in my mix.
    I don't remember mentioning that, but either way, this boat comes with an MR3000 RX, so you can just bind it to your existing Spektrum radio and be good to go. The stock TX should be worth a few $$$ in the secondary market, I would think. (I'm going to let my daughter have mine for her Traxxas Stampede... )
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Does Horizon hobby ship to Australia , cause they only look like they ship in the US when i tried to order a hull ...

To find the parts you need, go to this link:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB4100

Now on the right side, click on "Parts Listing." Scroll down the list to pick out the items you want.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Yes but, there is a slight confusion on the strut & rudder. It looks like prb4106 is both strut & rudder and there is a part# for stut only too.

No rush, just wantto clarify and not buy an extra strut.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by scoota View Post
    Does Horizon hobby ship to Australia , cause they only look like they ship in the US when i tried to order a hull ...
    We have an importer there. Go to RCGroups, look up ChuckTseeker - he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Yes but, there is a slight confusion on the strut & rudder. It looks like prb4106 is both strut & rudder and there is a part# for stut only too.

No rush, just wantto clarify and not buy an extra strut.
    There are no duplicate parts. You need to buy both to get the whole thing.

Andy

Has anyone put one in traffic yet? I'd like to know how it "handles" about 5 laps in. Not a criticism. Just a need to know for me. I've seen the competitions offering.
    Terry,

I'll bring mine out to the next club race on the 19th, I'm also curious to see how it handles in "race water".

I haven't had a "man" prop on her yet, but I did crack 38MPH with a K45 plastic. I'm waiting for a new flex cable before I try some metal props. My initial impression is very positive. Repeatedly crossing my own wake while executing full speed left and right turns showed no tendency to upset this hull, it just cuts through and begs for more. We may have a winner here...

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    There are no duplicate parts. You need to buy both to get the whole thing.

Andy
    Ten-Four

I get it now. Strut with bearing is separate # and rudder with strut must mean mount for strut. need them both... gotcha...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    We have an importer there. Go to RCGroups, look up ChuckTseeker - he should be able to point you in the right direction.

Andy
    Cheers Andy

Awesome Bob. Can't wait to see it.

Bob is kicking the pants off us in our club LSO class with an SV. If he says it seems to handle well it probably does.

Darin, is the radio that comes with the RTR just a stripped down version of what we already have?

Oh, also, any more color scheme planned? Might get confusing when these start showing up everywhere.

Awesome Bob. Can't wait to see it.

Bob is kicking the pants off us in our club LSO class with an SV. If he says it seems to handle well it probably does.

Darin, is the radio that comes with the RTR just a stripped down version of what we already have?

Oh, also, any more color scheme planned? Might get confusing when these start showing up everywhere.
    That's where number plates will work for racing. Like in Europe.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, check out horizon hobby web site think its all there
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Ha.... Factor in the "drop one score" rule and we have a 5-6 man race for the crown at the end of the year!!!! It's gonna be a doozie! That class has been sooo much fun this year!

I am excited to see this thing run too... Good Work Bob!!!

Later,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by spence72 View Post
    Terry,

I'll bring mine out to the next club race on the 19th, I'm also curious to see how it handles in "race water".

I haven't had a "man" prop on her yet, but I did crack 38MPH with a K45 plastic. I'm waiting for a new flex cable before I try some metal props. My initial impression is very positive. Repeatedly crossing my own wake while executing full speed left and right turns showed no tendency to upset this hull, it just cuts through and begs for more. We may have a winner here...

Bob
    Was that with the stock setup? Interesting thats faster than with an x642

Quote Originally Posted by jac4412 View Post
    Was that with the stock setup? Interesting thats faster than with an x642
    This was the stock setup on Hyperion 2S Lipos with the strut lowered 1/8" below factory settings. Batteries were mounted flush with the front edge of the trays. Out of the box speeds were 34MPH (no adjustments, stock prop). I'm still seeing some "bounce" at speed, although I believe it to be less with strut/CG tweaking.

I guess this is the right place to post this. First off, a big thank you to all of you. I have been lurking around here for the past couple weeks and learned a lot from you guys about Lipos and FE's in general.

So I finally got the boat, batteries, flex shaft, etc, together and took it for a run Thursday and I love it! This is my first rc boat (I have had trucks in the past but it's been a while) and I know I have a lot to learn but wanted to share a couple vids I posted on youtube of some of my first runs (of course I've already flipped it over).

Thanks again and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0hsBkjQuSo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ir0jssfaMs

looks good llove a good vid......what part of fl are u in anyway......that lake looks familular....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Did you not have it taped? That is a must.

ron - It's lake bonny in lakeland...

jeff - yeah, I kinda learned the hatch tape lesson the hard way. the good news is both lids float and were easy to recover but you can bet I won't go without tape from now on!

This was the stock setup on Hyperion 2S Lipos with the strut lowered 1/8" below factory settings. Batteries were mounted flush with the front edge of the trays. Out of the box speeds were 34MPH (no adjustments, stock prop). I'm still seeing some "bounce" at speed, although I believe it to be less with strut/CG tweaking.
    Batteries are too far forward. Try running them halfway off the back edge of the tray.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Batteries are too far forward. Try running them halfway off the back edge of the tray.

Thanks for the tip; I’ll be trying it as soon as I finish flattening the ride pads. Have you tried her in “race water” or chop? Any tendency for blow overs with batteries further back?

Default Battery placement

blackcat 26,
    I tried the batterys back like you said and the bouncing was worse. I am running with 2 -2s turnegy 5000mah packs but with stock prop. (have a x640 and x642 on the way). My strut is flush with top of bracket and with 0 angle. When I moved my packs up I got less bounce but front was not overly wet and still had good speed (for a stock prop).

Stringfly <>+++++ SEE VIDEO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6lE-O74OA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stringfly; 09-21-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks for the tip; I’ll be trying it as soon as I finish flattening the ride pads. Have you tried her in “race water” or chop? Any tendency for blow overs with batteries further back?
    As long as you get the strut angle neutral you will have no problem with blowovers. I have only run mine in chop when in stock form and it did fine. Your COG or balance point needs to be somewhere about 9" from the very back vertical edge of the boat (where the rudder bracket is bolted on). This has worked well for me and I am still tweaking it in. My strut is about 1/8" above the bracket. I would not go by the bracket to judge the struts attitude either. Stand back and look at the edge of the ride pad and make the strut follow that same line. Seemed much more stable after I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by stringfly View Post
    blackcat 26,
    I tried the batterys back like you said and the bouncing was worse. I am running with 2 -2s turnegy 5000mah packs but with stock prop. (have a x640 and x642 on the way). My strut is flush with top of bracket and with 0 angle. When I moved my packs up I got less bounce but front was not overly wet and still had good speed (for a stock prop).

Stringfly <>+++++

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f6lE-O74OA
    As long as your batteries are fairly secure that should have cleared up most of the bounce. I bet you have a little positive angle on the prop. Again dont go by the strut bracket to determine the prop angle. I lined mine up by eye parallel with the back ride pads. Kinda non-scientific but worked better than eye-balling the bracket. Hope that helps.

Default thanks....

Ok blackcat26, will check that angle some more. Thanks.
    How was the video? ... a first ??? two Geicos together ???....

stringfly <>+++++

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678