Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motor removal

So maybe that cutting onctge bottom of the hull for water pick up isn't needed then right. Sounds good to me. Less cutting more installing. One thing I notice with the couplers from rcracingboat is that tge set screws don't screw all the way flush which ended up rubbing on the mount. I basically moved them farther up on the motor shaft say 2mm still had alot of shaft to work with and still didn't cause the shafts to stick out on the dog gear. I'm sure a dremel would fix this but I don't gave one so this trick worked well for me.

I found and bought some smaller and stainless steel positioning screws today, these are half the length of the ones that came with the new couplers so they should work well..

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    So maybe that cutting onctge bottom of the hull for water pick up isn't needed then right. Sounds good to me. Less cutting more installing. One thing I notice with the couplers from rcracingboat is that tge set screws don't screw all the way flush which ended up rubbing on the mount. I basically moved them farther up on the motor shaft say 2mm still had alot of shaft to work with and still didn't cause the shafts to stick out on the dog gear. I'm sure a dremel would fix this but I don't gave one so this trick worked well for me.
    Adding the under-hull pickups didnt increase water flow much for me. I did it more for the better scale appearance of the boat minus the big loopy water lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Jericho View Post
    I found and bought some smaller and stainless steel positioning screws today, these are half the length of the ones that came with the new couplers so they should work well..
    What size did u go with and what size are they now by any chance. If I can get new screws then that would be great but Im already sure Jeff and company already sent the parts for me already to the VI. If not I'll buy from local hardware store if they even have them that size.

I just finished the the install of new 9XLs and the straight couplers from OSE/rc raceboat. Also took out the battery tray so that these bad boy 4Ss 5800s fit! Dang, they have some weight to them eh! See pics. Although I have not taken it out on water yet, I notice one of the couplers is not turning 100% balanced, not sure if that is a manufacturing defect or..it is very slight and maybe I am looking too much into it, but hopefully this slightly off balanced coupler will not create issues, damage motor, create more heat ?

Those are the correct couplers right. Jeff makes 2-couplers for the ekos. stock 4mm and 1/8" for feigao/ammo motors. 4mm couplers would fit a little sloppy on the feigaos.

Which props are you using?

Couplers need to be precise, vibration will harm the motor bearings. If you have a set of calipers, check the ID of the coupler. Also check the packaging on the coupler and make sure it's the right one for the motor. Check the OD of the motor shaft too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12