Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: '82 Executone, '83 Speedy Blueprinting, '83 Miss Rock KISW 1/8th scale Hydro Builds

I need one of those pretty scale boat plans what else lol?Hey that strut has a squre bottom. Is that legal in 1/8th scale now?

A U-25 pay -n- pak is what im wanting i already have finlay pdf you need me to send them to you?

If you did a hull construction for someone what would you charge total? kit and constuction not to paint but just the turnfin and hull no hardware.heck your construction looks good to me and I might get lazy lol.

Did Finlay do plans for the Pay Pak U-25? That is a HOT boat. I was going to get the Newton plans at some point for it. The only problem with that hull, there is hardly any room for batteries inside. A good friend of mine has the U-25 Pak and room looks very limited because of the way the cowling doesnt not extend forward of the front of the center former. What
    Finlay plans do you have, those Oberto plans? If so, they are nothing more than the 82U55 hull that this build thread is based on! Let me know, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Yes sir ill sent it to you sir.

I can cram 6s in a 13th scale u25 youll make it

only oberto plans ive seen are dave thomas I have those too if you want

I just found the plans on Finlays site. I had NO idea he did the U-25 hull..His pic shows the rear driver hull, but when you read closer, its suppose to be the U-25! Awesome. I will download the plans from his site. My be a couple weeks, but I will get them drawn up. I may just build myself one for display! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

U25 turbine now not v-12 the other style shares the same hull as an 82 atlas

now dont forget me pm some prices ok?

Finaly did a good job. The build instructions are very straight foward surprized u dont see more esp after footage like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHOasEiWEw Raydee had that thing dialed brotha @2s

Xfact, yeah, the Turbine U-25 is the one I would want too. So that video they were running 2 cell? What size was it done in that video? I will PM you. You want the 1/8th scale U-25 tho right? Let me know, and I will PM you then. Mike

Hey, where in NC are you located? Mike

That was 7cell nimh I think and im sure its probaby a 16th scale. Its raydee's boat hes a member on ose find him and he can tell you more. Im in the reasearch triangle area raleigh/durham .And yes the 1/8th scale.

I will PM you about the 1/8th scale. Mike

PS, I am in the Greenville, NC area...88 miles from you! Just a spit away! Mike

yeah my granny lives in new bern my dad was born in cove city.

The finlay is a redrawn newton in balsa fo light fe. Will your laser cutting connection leave it in its native material ? (1/4" balsa bulkheads,and 16th. ply bottom and deck)You may need to check closely to see if you need to do some slight mods to the drawings so they make sense for the type of material youre using in your kits. I just want to say to the other memebers that if youre looking for a scale and someone offers Laser cut plans with the wood stock for under 100 dollars jump on it; thats highway robbery for an 1/8th scale boat. Man yall better get em while this mans good heart still exist.I think mikes a little drunk from the epoxy fumes right now. LOL

Great stuff Mike.

The Atlas in the vid is mine. She is 24" long, build from basswood and balsa - canopy is foam and balsa - all covered in light cloth and resin. Power is from an 8S spinning a back cut & de-tongued x535 running on 7 IB 4200 NiMh cells through a CC125 controller. An Octure rudder and home made strut, turn fin and hardware complete the package. She handled like a dream, but was a little light in the front at those speeds. She handled many blow off's, but she didn't survive the extraction efforts after being stuffed into a bouy. She sits on the shelf to this day.

The Hammer

Um, OK. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
    Finaly did a good job. The build instructions are very straight foward surprized u dont see more esp after footage like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQHOasEiWEw Raydee had that thing dialed brotha @2s
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
    That was 7cell nimh I think and im sure its probaby a 16th scale. Its raydee's boat hes a member on ose find him and he can tell you more. Im in the reasearch triangle area raleigh/durham .And yes the 1/8th scale.
    Just thought I'd answer, as the boat is mine, not Raydee's.

The Hammer

Oh, my bad. I completely forgot we were discussing that last week! Mike

Got my 1/16th scale thriftway kit today and it looks great. Nice job on setting up the cad files.

Jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Good deal. I am glad they arrived safely to you Jim. Let me know if you need anything else, or any info on that thriftway kit! Mike

Mike can you do anything with this ?Pm me a cost I need a cat bad. Are there plans for a mystic 5000 ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackage View Post
    Mike can you do anything with this ?Pm me a cost I need a cat bad. Are there plans for a mystic 5000 ?
    Boy... I don't like all those curved surfaces on that thing... How big is this boat?
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

TotalPackage- I can do something like that, but its going to be a couple months before I could really get on it as I have a ton of boats to build,and frame kit plans to draw up. This was stuff that people already requested so its first in line. Let me know if you are not in a hurry and I can do it for you later. Thanks.

Alright, I FINALLY got some pics offloaded. The stuffing tube is finally in, motor mounted, and now the top decks are going on. This one should be done pretty soon. I will hopefully start paintwork very soon. I really want to get all the plans for all the other hulls I have drawn in as well, so that may take precedent over this build. I have about 20 plan sets now that will make over 70-80 boats when you see what sponsors each frame makes! Pretty exciting. I will be posting a full master hull list of all the plan sets I have in the manufacturer for sale area soon. Enjoy the build I hope to have it ready to put on the water soon. Mike

Last edited by cybercrxt; 07-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Darin shes 60 inches

Mike! shouldnt that motor be ofset to the right? instead of left? Are you racing this boat left turn oval?

Most RC boat racing is right turn oval.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast