Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '82 Executone, '83 Speedy Blueprinting, '83 Miss Rock KISW 1/8th scale Hydro Builds

Default '82 Executone, '83 Speedy Blueprinting, '83 Miss Rock KISW 1/8th scale Hydro Builds

This is a build thread for the following boats. The '82 Executone will be for me, and will be FE powered. The other two are for some friends, and will be nitro. I will be running mine with a 1527.

'82 Executone
    '83 Speedy Blueprinting
    '83 Miss Rock KISW

Sent them to a Laser cutter, and in less than a week, all my framing plans came back ready to start. I did have some frames come back the wrong thickness, once that is resolved, I will begin. It would have taken me a month to do this by hand for 3 hulls! Once I get templates for sheeting made, I will then get those laser cut as well. One thing at a time tho! Here is what the framing came back looking like. I am pretty impressed! All my future Gas Tunnels and other designs will be made this way in the future. They used Koskisen plywood as well, and that is a double positive! Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Mike,

Nice job fixing the Newton plans!

Now, if you scale it down and make a 34" 8255 kit, you will be overwhelmed with orders.

All the best,

Ray

Ray, I could scale down these plans, mod the cross framing cutouts, and have it ready for laser cutting in a couple of days at most if there way interest in a 34" 1/10th scale. You find enough people interested, I can make it happen! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Looks like nice work. Are you going to sell them as kits for those interested.If so I'll take two!

Just PM'ed you Sean, Mike

Mike I think My mold is correct for the speedy printing. I was just working on the mold for the Blue blaster 27 inch and it is a little different like you said. Hear is my 1/8 scale cowl

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 06-08-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

DAMN! That is right on the money! I will have to give you a ring about the cowling tomorrow. That is REALLY sharp! What is the length and width on it? Mike

Last edited by cybercrxt; 06-10-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    DAMN! That is right on the money! I will have to give you a ring about the cowling tomorrow. That is REALLY sharp! What is the length and width on it? Mike
    It is 31 inches long, 4 inches wide at the top. I think it needs a little work around the bottom to make it a little squarer.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, how tall off the deck is it? The other dimensions sound just about right. Thanks, Mike

Well, I got the corrected framing for the 8255 hulls today, and the framing for the '55 Miss Thriftway (1/10th scale framing, but I have 1/8th scale done as well on CAD). I spent 3.5 hours tonight working on the 8255 and got most all the framing complete, and 5 minutes on the Thriftway at my office just checking framing before I send it to its owner as he is going to do the sheeting templates. The framing all fit about perfect, if there is such a thing with wood! The only change I might make is to the kit I end up selling is to reduce the basswood sheeting batten from 1/4" sticks to 1/8" or 3/16". I may leave it 1/4" and use Balsa as the extra width will make gluing framing easy, and it will have enough thickness to be strong, and still extremely light weight. We will see. It was extremely easy to CA. I also measured from right front sponson tip to left rear transom tip, and vise versa..both diagonal measurements came in at 44.75", so the squareness of the framing is dead on. Anyways, enjoy the pics! Mike

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Randy, how tall off the deck is it? The other dimensions sound just about right. Thanks, Mike
    The hatch is 3 inches high. sorry for the delay I was really trying to get the stuffing tube in the LM Oval done today!
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 06-10-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Nice work Mike. Very nice. Lazer cutters rock!!!

Randy, I just sent you a PM requesting a price on 3 of your cowlings.

Sean450, you might want to consider picking up 2 of Randys cowlings as they are the most realistic I have seen. Mike

Mike when you get a chance please include your address in the Pay Pal or PM it to me. It will make it easier on my son and me. Thanks
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I will PM it right now. Thanks Randy, Mike

Got the floor pan and non trips cut and installed, and epoxied all the interior. I also made the top of sponson sheeting template. Not bad so far for 2 evenings worth of work. If the sheeting was already cut, I would be close to done by now! haha Enjoy, Mike

Mike thats really sharp.

That boat doesnt seem to have much tunnel though. How do they run?

Xfact,

This boat actually is one of the faster 1/8th scale hulls available, probably due to the simplistic design, and lack of heavy wings, etc. Due to the fact it has a
    12-1/16" wide tunnel, it traps plenty of air! I just refined the original plans a few minutes ago to make some of the batten sticks fit a little better. That is the good thing about CAD, I can update as I see changes that I want to make!

Oh, I got a 35", 1/10th scale set drawn up yesterday too, so its there if anyone needs it, and I am working on a 1/16th scale Miss Thriftway for Jim Clark too.

Mike

Here are some pics of the Executone. Its starting to look like a boat! I have all the templates now done, and will draw them up tomorrow. After that, I am open to orders on that kit, so PM or post here if you are interested. Enjoy the pics. Mike

Thanks Dick Loeb for the awesome Aluminum turn fin brace plate!

Hey Mike nice to see your making progress on the build. What turn fin do you have mounted on the hull?

Thanks for the compliments, and interest. I just did some rough figuring on prices, and it looks like, if I have my math right on getting the sheeting laser cut that a kit will run $260.00 shipped for the "8255" kit in the Continental USA. That kit includes: all the framing parts, the batten sticks, and the complete ply sheeting parts. I can provide names for purchasing the cowlings, but the cowling will not be included. I would rather just give the business straight to the guys that make them. I think this is a very fair price for what you are getting, which is a quick build, wonderful fit, jones sponsons, very high quality Koskisen aircraft plywood kit. The kit will come with a simple build manual as well to help guide threw the build.

I have also drawn up some other kits and prepared them for laser cutting. The kits I have so far are as follows:

1)8255-1/8th scale kit (framing, battens, sheeting)- $260 shipped (Ready very soon)

2)8255- 1/10th scale kit (framing, battens, sheeting)- $TBD- (I have the framing plans done, just need to finish the 1/8th scale sheeting plans, and resize)

3)'55 Miss Thriftway- 1/8th scale kit (framing, battens)- $TBD- (I have another person preparing the sheeting plans, so framing is all that is available right now)

5) '55 Miss Thriftway- 1/10th scale kit (framing, battens)- $TBD- (I have another person preparing the sheeting plans, so framing is all that is available right now)

6)8700- '88 Miller High Life/ Miss Circus Circus (and many others via modifications)- 1/8th scale kit w/ offset Jones Sponsons- (Framing, battens kit only, sheeting to complex to offer kit) $TBD (Framing plans are done, and ready to get cut)

Soon to be done kits:

1) 0203- Vacationville.com, Master Tire, Jeep Chrysler U-3
    2) 8701- 87-91 Miss Budweiser U-1, U-12, etc. (Just ordered plans today. Cannot wait to start on this one!)

Also, if anyone has plans that want to sell cheap, or offer up to get drawn up for laser cutting, I can do so. Offer the plans up for free, and I will do all the work, and get you a framing kit at cost (no sheeting), and get your plans back when I have the work done.

OK, I am placing an order for some kits today, if anyone is interested in 1/16th, 1/10th or 1/8th scale Thriftway framing, 1/8th scale Circus Framing, or 1/10th and 1/8th scale full framing and sheeting 8255 "Executone" kits, let me know!

I got the sponson tops sanded last night, and started on the 2nd 8255, and will start on the 3rd 8255 tonight. I am awaiting the hardware and Neu 1527 motor mount right now for my build. Once that arrives, I will begin fitting the hull before doing the final sheeting. Enjoy. Mike

would like to get one of them budweiser 1/8 kits also have some oh boy oberto boat plans like to get one of them done up in 1/8 or just one or both

pm's returned, Mike

Mike we gotta get together .Thats a radical bend on that turnfin too; dagg.

That is a Virginia craftsman turn fin. What ya need X?

Well, I got a lot done this weekend. I finished doing the frameup on both of the other 8255 hulls, so now all 3 are rolling along! I also bought my first drill press so I could make a rudder mount as the Speedmaster mount is 1-1/4" tall, and I needed 1-1/16" tall, so I made one from scratch. This is my first attempt at working with aluminum, so its definately not as nice as a lot of guys would have made it, but I am pretty happy with it. Enjoy the update pics! Mike

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast