Thread: Newbie needs advice

Default Newbie needs advice

I purchased a used UL-1 and have had problems w/ the stock ESC, starting & stopping, rearming and finally failing. The previous owner used a Castle Creations ESC; however, he realized how new I was to this hobby and swapped the Castle Creations ESC with the stock ESC. The setup I have is two 2500 mah 3s 11.1 volt in series with 25 continuous @ 62.5 amp and 50 burst @ 125 amp. I looking for a reliable ESC at a fair value that would fit my set up. Help please.

You probably killed the controller if you connected 2, 3S packs in series. The stock motor is not a 6S motor, it is a 4S motor as is (was ) the controller.

Sounds more like the previous owner knew how much he paid for the CC and wanted to keep it for himself, not to protect you because you are new.......too bad, he should have warned you about the voltage limitations, he must have known........Doby's right, 6S on AQ esc...not good,...... I'm alittle nervous about connecting 6S to my CC240 LV and it's rated to 30V

Yip...I watched one here run 6 cells...it was very....very... fast....for about 3 seconds, then it burst into flames.
    Attached Images Attached Images