Thread: New mini v setup

Default New mini v setup

of i was driving my boat with a 3s, and it was jumping out of the water from a dead stop. so that was fun,until i came towards myself and did a 180 and flipped it. wait...dont worry its waterproof i told my self. actually the hatch popped off, and yes it sank. sitting there with the nose straight up. i drained it and everything works fine. but this motivated me to take out the outrunner. and while i was at it, i took off the rudder. i ordered the turnigy 2700kv inrunner, with 3 day shipping, so it will be here soon. also i ordered a 12g metal gear servo. lastly, i knew that the rudders edge shouldn't be in front of the prop, so this s why its turning weird. i fabricated a bracket that holds my rudder directly behind the prop. ill post picks soon.

I think your biggest issue is running 3S on a 3500kv motor. That is way too hot of a setup(38,850 rpm). I run my MiniV with a 3500kv outrunner on 2S (25,900rpm) with a x430 and I do not have any torque roll. The boat seems plenty fast for me. I still have hopping issues though. I have heard from a boat builder, Randy at BBY, that if you have a flat hop on a mono it is caused by too much lift from the prop. It can be fized by raising the prop shaft higher. Which means changing where the stuffing tube exits the hull on a Mini V. I plan on trying that some time soon to see if it makes a difference or not.
    Brad
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150

thanks for the reply. my boat was torque rolling really bad on my 2s 800mah pack also. i think its because its a 450 sized outrunner, too big. well no matter, i ordered a 2700kv inrunner so i dont think it will be a problem anymore. oh, and i hated the offset rudder on mine, because it wouldn't turn to the right well, because the prop stuck off the transom further than the rudder. so, i made my own mount to center the rudder from a piece of aluminum i got from a old compound bow. heres a link to the picture.

http://s665.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=P6080089.jpg

I guess I missed that you were using a 450 sized outrunner. I am amazed you were able to fit that inside the Mini V. That is a lot of torque.
    The smaller inrunner should help a lot.
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150