Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Insane Boats P-Spec Sport Hydro 1st run with Vid !!!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    All will be revealed soon. Their might also be a surprise in store [pun intended]
    Sweet thank you!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

still no dimensions.

shhhh It's top secret. I guess those interested in that will have to protest it at the nats to find out. Some guy in the interent said it was legal. That was enough for me.

I know, I obviously missed that somewhere.

Anybody know where I can get a Bandit batboat? I want one for offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    still no dimensions.

shhhh It's top secret. I guess those interested in that will have to protest it at the nats to find out. Some guy in the interent said it was legal. That was enough for me.

I know, I obviously missed that somewhere.

Anybody know where I can get a Bandit batboat? I want one for offshore.
    Terry the dimensions were posted on RRR under the other Insane thread.

Terry,
    The dimensions weren't posted when everyone wanted them to be because the boat hadn't been tested or run yet. I told everyone in the beginning that all would be revealed when we were done testing and happy with the boat. We showed the videos from the first runs and now we will start to tweak on the boat to make it even better. The boat is everything we wanted it to be and I dont think you will find a better race hull on the market at this time. The true potential of this hull is yet to be found. I for one look forward to running this boat at the 2 lap and SAWS comming up. So having said that here are the dimensions of the hull.
    L 30"
    W 15"
    Afterplane 18"
    W between sponsons 9"
    sponson depth 3/4"

Mark

Thanks for the close-ups of the hardware. Solid and simple. Great stuff.

Just got a chance to watch the video. That thing is absolutely screamin'. Our water up in northern MI tends to be a tad rougher. Just wondering if she can hold her own in some chop. The fastest I registered on my Pickle was 48mph and I tweaked her 'til the cows came home. Needless to say, I am very impressed!! I had no idea 50-52 was par for the course! How embarrassing!

No doubt that bigger is better when it comes to choppy water. Would love to know the length and width of that thing. Looks long! Also, it appears that there is a TON of venting behind the sponsons. No trapped air causing the infamous side to side "dance".

Ahhh...... there's the dimensions! WOW! That baby is LONG and the 9" between sponsons! Yipiteeeez!!! I want one of these!

Here's a little more video from Joe's house. Were still tweeking the boat and it just keeps getting better. In the first one we moved the cg back 3" behind the sponson and it still stays on the water. On the next run we lowered the strut and it ran more stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCWLbtenx5k

The next one is Tonys P spec looking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiA6eRBJnTY

Mark

It was great seeing a couple of you on the Skype yesterday! Even though you could not see me it was a thrill for you all to show me the goods. Glad to know the wire drives are holding up for you, Tony.

That baby is named correctly INSANE! Love it!!

The speeds from the UL set up are very impressive...the leopard set up...well that is just awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Wohlt View Post
    It was great seeing a couple of you on the Skype yesterday! Even though you could not see me it was a thrill for you all to show me the goods. Glad to know the wire drives are holding up for you, Tony.

That baby is named correctly INSANE! Love it!!

The speeds from the UL set up are very impressive...the leopard set up...well that is just awesome!!
    Thanks for being our live, interactive Skype video "test vehicle". We all enjoyed showing you the boats we were running with your drives and hardware. Since I have a very high bandwith interconnection at my house it may even be possible to do live video streaming when guys like MarkF, Jeff, Tony and Brad run so our friends around the globe can see and interact live with them. I have used this technology for years teaching college level distance education courses in Oceanography for students around the globe. I did live, interactive underwater lectures at depths of up to 80 feet from islands in the Pacific to global student audiences via some unique satellite technology provided by KHET Hawaii. Glad there is a potential application to sharing the views of our local experts with FE enthusists around the world.

You were correct on the Leopard, Mark and Jeff both ran the boat at a consistant 65 MPH with a 4074, 2200KV Leopard that costs about the same as the UL-1 motor. GPS speeds were monitored by Tony's Garmin GPS unit. No water cooling on the Leopard motor at all , running 6 laps full out (as Jeff recommends with the Insane) with temps in the 140F range based on Tony's IR measurements.

Wish more guys could join us, it was great to get everyone together. Jon and Josh, we missed you!

I think if I had a boat docked on THAT lake I would raise my boat at least 6" out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Here's a little more video from Joe's house. Were still tweeking the boat and it just keeps getting better. In the first one we moved the cg back 3" behind the sponson and it still stays on the water. On the next run we lowered the strut and it ran more stable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCWLbtenx5k

The next one is Tonys P spec looking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiA6eRBJnTY

Mark
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Yahoo ! It was another "Great Day at Questtek's" ! Great company, bbq'd burgers lakeside, good water, all in Joe's high-tech fantasyland. It was really great to hear guest Jeff Michaud, proprietor of Insane boats expound on hull design and all things in the go-fast world of FE ( Jeff started out in FE not too many years ago) and based on the conversation(s) I predict more FE goodies to come in the not-too-distant future.
    I was amazed at how Jeff drove the Leopard powered boat down the straightaway at 60+, pitch it into the turn, dirt track style, and carve the turn WOT.
    Yowzah ! Brad's BBY hydro was a rocket & went so fast it folded the rudder 90 degrees in one turn Did some live-feed wizardry & talked to Mr. Wohlt on some Skype thingy in real time. Good stuff all around, & Jan & Josh we missed 'ya.

Thanks again, Joe !

Tony
    My Amp Goes To Eleven

BTW my disc drive crashed so I need to get it fixed before loading some of the other vids
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I think if I had a boat docked on THAT lake I would raise my boat at least 6" out of the water
    Stay tuned for an on-board vidcam clip of Joe's P-Mono lose the radio and.......
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

That P-Spec boat hauls and is super stable. Good job guys!

Yahoo ! It was another "Great Day at Questtek's" ! Great company, bbq'd burgers lakeside, good water, all in Joe's high-tech fantasyland. It was really great to hear guest Jeff Michaud, proprietor of Insane boats expound on hull design and all things in the go-fast world of FE ( Jeff started out in FE not too many years ago) and based on the conversation(s) I predict more FE goodies to come in the not-too-distant future.
    I was amazed at how Jeff drove the Leopard powered boat down the straightaway at 60+, pitch it into the turn, dirt track style, and carve the turn WOT.
    Yowzah ! Brad's BBY hydro was a rocket & went so fast it folded the rudder 90 degrees in one turn Did some live-feed wizardry & talked to Mr. Wohlt on some Skype thingy in real time. Good stuff all around, & Jan & Josh we missed 'ya.

Thanks again, Joe !

Tony
    My Amp Goes To Eleven

BTW my disc drive crashed so I need to get it fixed before loading some of the other vids
    Since we all know just how shy and reserved Tony is in front of the camera, I have taken the liberty of posting a video of him on the first run of the day with his Insane Hydro with the UL-1 brushless motor. Diane Sawyer, please move over!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_bfd4HfwXk
    Last edited by questtek; 06-27-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by questtek View Post
    Since we all know just how shy and reserved Tony is in front of the camera, I have taken the liberty of posting a video of him on the first run of the day with his Insane Hydro with the UL-1 brushless motor. Diane Sawyer, please move over!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
    Err, I think the link got cornfused [ unless that's what I actually look like ]

OK, better now !
    Last edited by properchopper; 06-27-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Stay tuned for an on-board vidcam clip of Joe's P-Mono lose the radio and.......
    Per your request……blood, teeth and eyeballs all over the concrete wall at the lakes edge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCNrX...=youtube_gdata

Err, I think the link got cornfused [ unless that's what I actually look like ]
    Link corrected and repeated below...I got you confused with the guy who's amp goes to 12!

BEC huh?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    BEC huh?
    Don't hink so since the boat had a separate 4 cell NiCad pac for the REC. I believe the problem is that the receiver was wet from a previous run and control was lost when the boat was far away from the receiver.(? guess) Ironically this is the exact same spot Josh crashed a brand new FE a couple of months ago due to a transmitter glitch (his best guess), but that was total distruction rather that just a slight bit of nose modification.

I swear I could see about three home owners standing on the back shoreline all waving white flags
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Per your request……blood, teeth and eyeballs all over the concrete wall at the lakes edge.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCNrX...=youtube_gdata
    Joe, if it's any consolation, you've now officially completed the entrance requirements for :
    ("Juego Para Reparacion De Barco" t-shirt will be awarded next time )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    I swear I could see about three home owners standing on the back shoreline all waving white flags
    You should of seen the looks on the faces of the swans that populate the normally tranquill lake

Greg Schweers had one of these new insane Sport Hydros today at our club race... I have to say... it's really, REALLY fast! Stable, looks very drivable... hardware is very nice, and it's finished well... UGLY as SIN, but looks don't always win races. Looks like front running design to me.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

This has been by far the easiest boat I've ever set up! I've only touched the strut once since I set it up. I was very happy with the way it handled with other boats on the course. I'm running .092 wire drive, and that works out really good because I had the motor 12" from the back. Mine weighs 6.5 lbs. ready to go - and that's a spec setup. To me, this boat is a "no brainer," and this boat looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schweers View Post
    .... and this boat looks good.
    You had me right to that point... It's FUGLY!!

FAST-but-UGLY!!

But I still think I want one...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

What size props are you guys turning on UL-1 motor & leopard?

...I know Darin get an H-5 right.... :)
    Nortavlag Bulc

Default rudder mod

Quote from ProperChopper:

"Yowzah ! Brad's BBY hydro was a rocket & went so fast it folded the rudder 90 degrees in one turn....."

Tony,
    Since you mentioned it I thought I would post a picture of my rudder modification. However to make a correction, the "mod" was due to a high altitude blow over. This mod really reduces the drag caused by the rudder, although it is probably only recommended for SAW runs only. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150

Quote Originally Posted by bigwaveohs View Post
    Now if I can only get mine...
    I am also waiting for Jeff to ship my new baby. I am sooooo excited that I may be nice and pleasant to Aussies and all other members for a week or so..... excluding Doby

Douggie

Thanks again, Joe !

Tony
    My Amp Goes To Eleven

I wanted to be there man... there will be other times... how bout this week? Let me know what days work for ya at Legg....
    =)
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Great vid's, guys! I especially liked the on-board P mono (sorry about the destruction, though). It reminded me of the Jackass 1 movie when the secret clipper kept shaving unsuspecting victim's hair.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast