Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ekis on 10xl duing 51mph

That's right, It's a collective battle. All of OSE vs. YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post
    Valium anyone?
    BINGO

SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE MORE RELAXED OVER IN NEW ZEALAND

Stop your bringing me to tears...boo who who...

The EKOS section should be called the dungeon. Good lord.

Running an EKOS on 4s is attainable and 50+ is as well. Running motors that are setup for 4s and changing the stinger bearings to high speed ceramic or hybrid ceramic and changing the drives and couplers.

Why do I say all the drives? Because the stock ones are prone to breakage and losing props/shafts sucks.

Nothing like looking at a nice shiny wheel collar only to find that the shaft broke and the prop/dog/nut are all gone.

OK; Some high speed parts:

Octura Couplers- Good Stuff
    Jeff's Set Screw Couplers- Good Stuff, lots of aluminum diameter to give the set screws good bite and allow the loc-tite to prevent them from coming loose.

Jeff's wire drives- Best on the planet. World record holding technology, available to you. Get a pair, they'll last a lifetime.

Boca Bearings- Ceramic or Hybrid, replace the stock stinger bearings before they go out. They will chew out the stinger and then you'll have to replace the entire stinger. YUCK!

Stock numbers for ultra seal hybrid;
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...9&postcount=63

With new 540 size motors designed for 4s, I now run 4s, 2700Kv, 32mm plastic props and reach 55+ on the stock ESC's. Here's a few vids: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14718

NOTE* the high Kv requires a small prop and high RPM bearings, smaller Kv (1800 or so) is recommended for 4s in order to use more efficient props at the right RPM.

Good luck & Happy Boating!

FighterCat57 thanks for getting us back on track!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I think the reason or one of the motors die is that the bearings are crap. I posted the other day how when I removed the motors it was tuff as hell to get one of the shafts to turn..it had some resistance on it which would burn up a motor from not easily turning. Check your motors for free play all stock driven EKOS. if so make sure to lube with electrical spray cleaner and lubricant...still waiting on shaft and stuff. once they come she'll be in the water the next day for sure...

Can you run 5-6S on 10XL's?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mac View Post
    Can you run 5-6S on 10XL's?
    380 or 540 size?

From what I know, 380- no, 540- yes.

The boat friend has is setup with 2 x 380 10xl at 2352kv so lets do the math:
    2352kv * 22.2v = 52214 rpm, not good for a motor with bearings rated at 50k but will be good enough for a youtube video and a gps reading once.
    2352kv * 18.5v = 43512 rpm, a little high but at least below the rating. Probably best restricted to SAW runs if you don't like the smell of burned electronics.
    2352kv * 14.8v = 34809 rpm, seems to run happy all day long so far at least :)

Actually 5s on 10xl isn't unheard of. So your saying on say 32 mm props 4s on stock motors will work since there so small. This may be what solves the burn up issues. Are the stinger bearings the bearings inside the strut and if greased often how do they fail with the use of blue marine grease. Which I use. I'd like to get ceramic anyways due to heat tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    Actually 5s on 10xl isn't unheard of. So your saying on say 32 mm props 4s on stock motors will work since there so small. This may be what solves the burn up issues. Are the stinger bearings the bearings inside the strut and if greased often how do they fail with the use of blue marine grease. Which I use. I'd like to get ceramic anyways due to heat tolerance.
    He is running 4s on 40mm props and will be going to Octura x442 counter rotating.

There seems to be some co-ordination of motor failures and stinger color. Like perhaps a batch of the newer boats with the black stingers and the side rails on the battery box.

Seems the success stories I see are using the model with the aluminum color stingers.

Just an observation. Could be way out there and unrelated.

BTW- I run the HK 36-56 inrunners on 4s with 32mm props, not the stock motors.

I'm gonna run my 32mm venom props with my new wire drives on my 9xl's to see what kind of speed I get. I used to get 49mph with these props on the old flex cables. Want to see if I get any increase in speed with the wire drives. Love the 32mm props because the motors run really cool on them!

you'd think there woudn't be a difference due to 36mm but I could be wrong to tell you the truth.

Default Ekos

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I have the same props,esc's and lipos. But run the 9xl with neutral strut at 55.2mph on garmin gps. FYI Just for comparison.
    What batterys do you run in your EKOS with the 9xl's?Id like to run 4s with the option to run 5s if possible but dont know what motor will handle how many cells.

What on earth are the stingers. Your not talking bout the strut are you. Or the bearings in the struts for example. Or the motors lol sorry gave to know. Hear this term alot.

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    What on earth are the stingers. Your not talking bout the strut are you. Or the bearings in the struts for example. Or the motors lol sorry gave to know. Hear this term alot.
    Stinger:

Strut:

exactly KOS have struts..are you guys converting it to stingers on this boat..??? but it looks like a stinger more than a strut to be honest..lol wonder why venom calls it a strut on there website.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12