Thread: ul-1 took a crazy hop today and cut out. anyone else have this?

Default ul-1 took a crazy hop today and cut out. anyone else have this?

so basically it took a weird hop and "no motor!"...luckily it was in shallow water. i walked out and tried the rudder. "rudder works" so i unhatched it and unplugged my packs, then of course, plug em back in... now its working again. threw her back in the water and went fine... So whats going on here? is it my battery connectors or my motor connectors? anyone?

Probably a glitch in the electronics form the hop ... nothing to worry about unless it happens again.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

hmmm...well i would hate for this to happen when the boat is further out, or somewhere i wouldnt prefer goin in....

Exclamation

You mean you don't have a retrieval device or boat? Never never never swim after a toy boat. Plenty of folks have died trying that, a father and son just recently. Be smart, not stupid.

http://www.app.com/article/20100518/...d-fishing-pond

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Check all your connectors to make sure none of them came lose. You might have an intermittent lose connection causing the cut off.

fluid, its not a toy #1 and #2 it was waist deep. noboday said anything about swimming for it so relax man...geez

Dana, just guessing, but when you got air then re-entered water, prop caught, amps spiked, esc freaked out from over-amping and cut out...try some added caps or a cheap etti caps board yet?

Dana,

May I.. truth is it is a Toy.. bottom line.. it might have cost a bunch but its still a toy.. don’t take that as a bad thing.. WE LOVE TOYS.. that’s why we do this!

Im 46 years old and LOVE TO PLAY WITH TOY BOATS!.. Im not sure I can ever give that up…

and

Jay and others just get sick when we see or hear of people drowning for no good reason. In this case it’s a model boat. It could be other silly things too but.. We just hate loosing people to what we know started out as a day of fun.

Also just so you know this is personal to me and hits home.. so please think twice about your loved ones before you get in the water to get a toy boat.

ROCK and ROLL!

Grim

havent tried adding caps. i dunno much about that stuff really. Mike...i understand that. which is why i run at a local beach. long,clean and shallow. i wont hesitate to walk in a little bit. as for swimming no i have a fishing rod for that now. so no more swimming for me