Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Placed one on order

Check traxxis site-late July.

Quote Originally Posted by ALD View Post
    Check traxxis site-late July.
    Traxxas will wait till the last week of July and then change the date
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Dman,

Sorry you are taking some heat for this buddy..

Man. o man....

Let me do this for ya.. I dont work for PB but ya all can crab at me for the boats being pushed back.. Im use to the lashing.. Darin did nothing more then GIVE YOU AN OPTION in RC boating and it looks to be a nice one..

Go ahead.. crab at me...

Dman.. this will all blow over very soon dude.

ROCKET AND ROLL!

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Dman,

Sorry you are taking some heat for this buddy..

Man. o man....

Let me do this for ya.. I dont work for PB but ya all can crab at me for the boats being pushed back.. Im use to the lashing.. Darin did nothing more then GIVE YOU AN OPTION in RC boating and it looks to be a nice one..

Go ahead.. crab at me...

Dman.. this will all blow over very soon dude.

ROCKET AND ROLL!

Grim
    I don't think anyone is blaming Darin or even directing their frustration towards him. Its not the guy who comes up with the cool stuff's fault for it not making it to market in a reasonable time. If that were the case we would all be bitching at you asking where this mythical Aquacraft cat is.... :)

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    Its not the guy who comes up with the cool stuff's fault for it not making it to market in a reasonable time. If that were the case we would all be bitching at you asking where this mythical Aquacraft cat is.... :)

When it comes out. I'll get one. In the meantime, crying about "when" isn't going to improve the situation. Those that want one will surely have the chance to get one.
    It reminds me of a bunch of kids on Christmas eve BEGGING mom & dad to open at least ONE present now!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I think the main reason it is frustrating is that for most of us, boating is seasonal. Spring releases make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    When it comes out. I'll get one. In the meantime, crying about "when" isn't going to improve the situation. Those that want one will surely have the chance to get one.
    It reminds me of a bunch of kids on Christmas eve BEGGING mom & dad to open at least ONE present now!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    I think the main reason it is frustrating is that for most of us, boating is seasonal. Spring releases make more sense.
    What he said! Oh yeah, I live in california. Never mind!

HI Darin ,

What is the origin of the Stiletto , is it outsourced from China ??

Thanks ,

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by rcboatmanwithkids2880 View Post
    HI Darin ,

Thanks ,

Brad
    I'm not sure what you mean by "origin"... but it was developed and designed here (by me and the ProBoat developers in Illinois) and the prototype parts and production is being done in China. With the exception of a few minor bits, the final design is what we here in the states designated it to be. The manufacturer did throw in a bit or two of creative license, but honestly, I think once they saw the direction we wanted to go, they were really onboard and did a nice job.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Yeah, its really hard to drive a boat through 2' snow drifts on the ice...

Although when there is a foot of ice on the lake you are less likely to drown going to retrieve your boat :)

Yeah, its really hard to drive a boat through 2' snow drifts on the ice...

Although when there is a foot of ice on the lake you are less likely to drown going to retrieve your boat :)

Missing the targeted June release for this boat was partially my fault. When I received the first Production Sample to look over and start racing, I found some assembly issues that needed to be taken care of before this got into your hands. This delayed the production by many weeks.

Hopefully you'll find that, despite the wait, that quality of the boat meets your approval. Had it gone forward without addressing the issues I found, you would have had the boat in June, but not been happy with it.

I believe that when those of you who are getting this boat finally get it, you'll be pleased with the quality of this particular RTR. They've done a very nice job.

Taking care of assembly issues is not your fault Darin unless you are the guy that assembled it.

Taking care of assembly issues is not your fault Darin unless you are the guy that assembled it.
    True... but we need to keep in mind that the people putting this stuff together really don't know anything about boats... and they don't speak English!

You should see the PowerPoints I have put together explaining each little piece to them in detail to try to get things right.

Like I said, their engineers REALLY stepped up and the finished product is really rock-solid in the area that was of concern. I'm very pleased, and I'm pretty picky!

The ONE thing I'm not completely happy with is the battery tray cover... It's OK for sport boating, but really does need to be taped down if you are going to risk flipping the boat much (heat racing... tends to happen when you are pushing 50mph )

The "tupperware" lid was a good idea, but I'm not sure it got implemented as well as it could have been.

Luckily, I considered that when they were making it, and we had them leave the outside edges smooth with no lip so it is pretty easy to tape down ( a bit of a pain under the cables, but not that big of a deal)...

ONE of these days, I'm going to come up with a sure-fire way to NOT have to tape!

I kinda like and don't like the tupperware lid idea...or rather at least how proboat has implemented it in the few boats I have saw. In both the Shockwave and the Widowmaker you have the tupperware lid then a hatch that is BARELY secured by a magnet. To me if they would have had the lid, then a hatch that had some sort of positive locking like the SV27 hatch it would have been a much better design. The magnets on those hatches are marginal at best and I've saw too many tupperware containers pop open in my lunch pail to trust it. On my WM I taped the tupperware and the hatch to be safe as I had the hatch come off once, but luckily the lid was taped.

I also think, at least in those applications, a hatch that puts a small bit of pressure on a few points of the lid would be a good plan too. Might be overkill with latches and all of that, but to me I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by rcboatmanwithkids2880 View Post
    HI Darin ,

Thanks ,

Brad
    USA!

Hi Darin ,

Growing up in the late 80's i had a GT BMX Race bike that i raced in Sydney , & it was manufactured in the U.S , where engineering in my eyes has always been world class . Just think that a good quality hull as what the Stiletto is , would have had more cred if it was entirely produced in the U.S .

like the fact that Proboat sells parts seperately . would consider buying the hull & outboard in the future as a project .

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    True... but we need to keep in mind that the people putting this stuff together really don't know anything about boats... and they don't speak English!

You should see the PowerPoints I have put together explaining each little piece to them in detail to try to get things right.

Like I said, their engineers REALLY stepped up and the finished product is really rock-solid in the area that was of concern. I'm very pleased, and I'm pretty picky!

The ONE thing I'm not completely happy with is the battery tray cover... It's OK for sport boating, but really does need to be taped down if you are going to risk flipping the boat much (heat racing... tends to happen when you are pushing 50mph )

The "tupperware" lid was a good idea, but I'm not sure it got implemented as well as it could have been.

Luckily, I considered that when they were making it, and we had them leave the outside edges smooth with no lip so it is pretty easy to tape down ( a bit of a pain under the cables, but not that big of a deal)...

ONE of these days, I'm going to come up with a sure-fire way to NOT have to tape!
    Darin , Just a suggestion but why not put rc helicopter canopy attachments on the waterproof box to hold the lid on, they can withstand many g forces and would be watertight, put the silicone gromets in the lid ( one in each corner) and the mounts they snap on to the inside of the waterproof box, just try pulling a canopy off a rc heli, they are stronger than any tape you use to hold the hatch on a rc boat, OK I get a free miss geico if you use my idea lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Darin, I purchased one, as I know you are a picky guy and because of your involment in this design, I did not wait to see other peoples reports on hull integrity etc. as I would normaly do on an RTR boat.

Douggie

Will be interesting to see what you all think about this boat once it's in your hands. I can think of one complaint people will have (hatch cover). Otherwise, I wonder what comments will come...???

What about the hatch cover, Darin?

What about the hatch cover, Darin?
    It's just a little bit of a hassle to tape down, and doesn't replicate "Tupperware" as well as I would have liked... You know how it is... one always finds SOMETHING that could have been done better. If this turns out to be the major complaint, then the boat should be a hit, because I think it's pretty solid otherwise.

Default got mine today

picked my boat up today....love the looks and bottom seems very stright etc...things sure are tight in there lol.....did a few of your upgrades espically cutting the hole in the motor cover for the wires and water tubes....darin how did u string your small antenna? i just wraped it around the reciver compartment and am hopeing it will be ok.....greased it up and assembled it in about a hour or so waiting for some decals i have a guy makeing now lol....seems ready for the lake tomorrow....got my fingers crossed i dont have to swim for it lol..... this boat is so hot looking

Default decals are in

boatphoto.jpg

still need the white mercury for the motor

Now that is sweet! And my favorite adult beverage!

thanks ...it was supposed to say coors light silver bullet but u know those decal guys never listen well lol

Ron... start out with the lower unit adjusted neutral, about 3/16" or so above the sponson bottoms... See where that gets you. Will likely carry the nose a bit down the straights, then set it down in the turns. Let off slightly when you turn in, then get back on the throttle to carry the nose.

Let us know how it goes!

north wind all weekend so far and that means rough water...cant wait to see what tomorrow brings as i have adjusted the motor to be as stright and corect as i can get it..... this boat is fast just rough water can keep u on the shore all day ...dont want to make it a submarine again lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123