Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Placed one on order

Quote Originally Posted by skellyo View Post
    Looks like on the Horizon site, the Stiletto is delayed again. They're showing Late August now. Anyone know anything different?
    Nooooooo..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by skellyo View Post
    Looks like on the Horizon site, the Stiletto is delayed again. They're showing Late August now. Anyone know anything different?
    Ouch....to wait or to redirect the funds....must be a slow boat...chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    ....must be a slow boat...chuckle
    ... from China...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    ... from China...
    yes.. that is what I meant Darin, not your boat...more coffee over here please...

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    yes.. that is what I meant Darin, not your boat...more coffee over here please...

I know... I was just trying to get a chuckle... :)

I'll see if I can find out exactly what is going on. I'm not really in the "loop" on these "getting it out to the public" details...

Not surprising at all...

Horizon's downfall will be having cool products that they can't get to market. Whoever is in charge of actually getting the new products from production to the store shelves needs to be fired.

Their planes have been HORRIBLE in making it to market. That Giant bi-plane, The Beast, was announced in October and JUST started shipping to people. All of the new micro planes had non-existent part support during the indoor season.

The funny thing is one would think that for a company located in the Midwest they would understand the importance of actually releasing a boat during the boating season. I had planned on getting a Stilleto....but considering "Late August" could easily become "Late September" at the rate Horizon is going on stuff I'm just going to wait until next spring and see if something better comes out.

There ya go Horizon.... Stilleto Sales - 1....good job

Not just the RTR companies that this happens to, however... How late is the 787 now???
    Over 2 years now.

I think those are just a wee bit more complicated than a model boat, though.

I'm glad the F-22 is all built here. I can't wait to see how Lockheed solves the same distributed manufacturing issues on the F-35.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Bummer , I really like this boat but once again Horizon falls short, This is the exact reason i didn't pre order one. guess ill do as the other person above and wait till next spring, If i was proboat id backcharge horizon . and fire the person responsibe for the delay. Darin you done a nice job on the Boat too bad the company you work for has their head up their A$$.

Yeah it looks like a bad ass little boat...but its only good if you can sell them...and with this hobby during the boating season :)

I see the Miss Geico got bumped up to from late August to September too. that Traxxis titan is looking better and better, hopefully tower hobbies has a better supplier than Horizon. I,ll still get the Stiletto but now it will have to wait till next spring, I refuse to buy a boat that close to winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserthobbies View Post
    I see the Miss Geico got bumped up to from late August to September too. that Traxxis titan is looking better and better, hopefully tower hobbies has a better supplier than Horizon. I,ll still get the Stiletto but now it will have to wait till next spring, I refuse to buy a boat that close to winter.
    I don't know... Traxxas.... and Tower Hobbies... both get their stuff from China as well...

I don't know... Traxxas.... and Tower Hobbies... both get their stuff from China as well...
    Apparently they, being really Traxxas and GP, have just learned how to integrate the "Slow boat from China" delays into their whole product launch schemes...

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    Apparently they, being really Traxxas and GP, have just learned how to integrate the "Slow boat from China" delays into their whole product launch schemes...

Really? We'll see...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA5708

Looks like "Early September" for that one as well...

Oh well , hell Darin that will give me time to design a power tilt and trim system to your already great looking boat lol. yes they all come from china, but different suppliers and factories , I have designed circuit boards for R/C lighting and had china build the proto type, send for me to test and mass produce in 3 months, it all boils down to the person who is running the show for Horizon Hobbies why its not there when expected. You done a great job on the boat im not nocking you , ive been in this hobby longer than horizon has been in business and year after year they fall short on suppling their products on time, and not just boats. Cars , Aircraft and everything else the advertise new.

Really? We'll see...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA5708

Looks like "Early September" for that one as well...
    Your correct we will just have to wait and see ,tower still says late July, so if theirs comes in on the expected date of July. that will prove someone at horizon is slipping in their Job. still dont change anything with me im still going to buy your boat whenever it gets here on the mayflower. LOL.

Yeah tower is still late July...which has always seemed a bit unrealistic. ..given the late official unveiling

Sorry to be a bit heated guys, just spent over $200 for lipos just for this boat and now its over a month off, guess i can run them in my formula fastech. lol

Tower???????

Link please.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Tower???????

Link please.....
    Tower Hobbies , also located in Illinois.I made an order from OSE on Sat and it was here yesterday, made an order from Horizon Hobby the same day and it is in Kansas city. ordered my lipo's from Tower hobbies which came from Reno , Nev. and received them yesterday, Im In Missouri a far cry from OSE and Tower Hobbies Warehouse in Nevada, Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.

Thank you OSE for your prompt and Great Service.

Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.
    It depends... depending on what you ordered, it may be shipping from the California warehouse...

Tower Hobbies , also located in Illinois.I made an order from OSE on Sat and it was here yesterday, made an order from Horizon Hobby the same day and it is in Kansas city. ordered my lipo's from Tower hobbies which came from Reno , Nev. and received them yesterday, Im In Missouri a far cry from OSE and Tower Hobbies Warehouse in Nevada, Now tell me why it takes so long to get an order from Horizon Hobbies which is only an 8 hour drive from me. and then maybe we can figure out why all the new products get delayed.
    I just asked for a link to the Tower site where they sell the Stilleto...or did we suddenly switch topics????

Damn Darin , Thank you so much, that explains it all. they have a warehouse in Komifornia. which is only across the Colorado river from Reno, Nev. that only took 3 days for a set of lipo's to get all the way to BFE So. Mo. That still dont Justify the time it takes for them to get an order to you. not when the order was accepted at the Il.l UPS office for Delivery. What did they do Fly it to California first, then back to Kansas city ? Im 57 years old i Wasn't born yesterday, With all your Knowledge of boat building and the fine products you endorse, I'd be looking for another sponsor. Just my Opinion , nothing against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I just asked for a link to the Tower site where they sell the Stilleto...or did we suddenly switch topics????
    no we were discusing the Traxxis Titan wicth was also moved up to Sept for availability by Horizon But Tower still lists it as late July.

With all your Knowledge of boat building and the fine products you endorse, I'd be looking for another sponsor. Just my Opinion , nothing against you.
    Well... if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to help develop boats that can be delivered late and then get trashed by all the "expert" critics out there... where would I be then???

I have no idea why your order is "delayed", or taking longer than Tower, or anything about it frankly. Not my department. If you have a real complaint, have you actually taken the time to contact (like, CALL, actually talk to someone) and voice it with them? I haven't had any issues with them. If you are having issues, let them know about it. Businesses tend to want to try to please their customers. I'm sure it's a little harder when you are a huge business, but I think they tend to try.

ok im dropping this conversation, sorry guys but there are other hobby shops besides Horizon Hobby that sells proboat products. I wont spend another Dime to Horizon. there service sucks anyway.

ok im dropping this conversation, sorry guys but there are other hobby shops besides Horizon Hobby that sells proboat products. I wont spend another Dime to Horizon. there service sucks anyway.
    There are lots of ProBoat dealers out there... ProBoat is owned by Horizon Hobby, however.

Well... if I did that, then I wouldn't be able to help develop boats that can be delivered late and then get trashed by all the "expert" critics out there... where would I be then???

I have no idea why your order is "delayed", or taking longer than Tower, or anything about it frankly. Not my department. If you have a real complaint, have you actually taken the time to contact (like, CALL, actually talk to someone) and voice it with them? I haven't had any issues with them. If you are having issues, let them know about it. Businesses tend to want to try to please their customers. I'm sure it's a little harder when you are a huge business, but I think they tend to try.
    Yep your right Darin i need to talk to them, however your boats are still some of the best ive seen for the price tag.

no we were discusing the Traxxis Titan wicth was also moved up to Sept for availability by Horizon But Tower still lists it as late July.
    My apologies for thinking that the discussion was about the Stiletto,,,afterall, this is the Stiletto thread,,,not sure why I would have thought that. My bad
    Last edited by Doby; 07-15-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Tower is always the last to post the real date
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast