Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Placed one on order

Default Placed one on order

Decided I have to have one of these. Just placed my order... Nothing like it on the market RTR..

I spoke to soon, look what I found on ebay tonight. Looks very simliar..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Fiberglass-F1-Br...item5d2941136c

I think you will be happier with the proboat. The outboard on the e-bay special looks to have a plastic drive.

Maybe so. I am sticking with my order. The ebay boat has a hotter motor 2040 KV and a smaller ESC 40amp not exactly a good idea. The layout is different as well, not to mention the plastic prop on the ebay boat. With that much different, who knows what they did to the hull.
    Last edited by electric; 05-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Proboat is a pretty good company for the most part. I have a few of their boats and have always been pretty happy with the quality. Not Excellent, but pretty good!

You need to take a MUCH closer look at that E-Bay boat... it's NOTHING like the ProBoat...
    Please trust me... That E-Bay boat will NOT make you happy... It's TOO narrow, the ride-pads are all wrong, the sides of the sponsons are way too thick... It's more of a toy.

You will NOT be disappointed with the ProBoat... It's a nice piece
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Proboat is a pretty good company for the most part. I have a few of their boats and have always been pretty happy with the quality. Not Excellent, but pretty good!
    I'm thinking that this boat, when you see it in person, may up your quality opinion a bit. That's the goal.

Thats what I like to hear!

Darin, that is good to hear about the quality. I am looking forward to getting the boat and as you could see by my prevous thread, I pretty much came to the same conclusion about the copy. Should be fun to have a scale looking boat that is also fast!

yeah i talk to my LHS testerday it will be late june he said i want the first one to hit his store only thing i dont like is it dont come with a radio but i'll buy one for it anybody know how fast its suppose to be DARIN?

Quote Originally Posted by mike robson View Post
    yeah i talk to my LHS testerday it will be late june he said i want the first one to hit his store only thing i dont like is it dont come with a radio but i'll buy one for it anybody know how fast its suppose to be DARIN?

proboat am radio that comes with most of their rtr's is junk anyways. Get a tactic 2.4 for 79-bucks. You will love it!

yeah thats the same radio i got with my UL-1 I LIKE IT ITS OK BUT I NEED TO SEAL IT UP WITH SOMETHING.WHERE YOU GETTTIN THESE RADIOS FOR 79 BUCKS I GOT A AM RADIO WITH MY ELAM AND ITS OK BUT IF I CAN SWITCH IT OVER I WILL.

Anybody looking for one I have 5 on backorder.

towerhobbies is where I get em!

tactic radio, that is....

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Maybe so. I am sticking with my order. The ebay boat has a hotter motor 2040 KV and a smaller ESC 40amp not exactly a good idea. The layout is different as well, not to mention the plastic prop on the ebay boat. With that much different, who knows what they did to the hull.
    The motor will not hold upto the power the Proboat has, plus its only a 380 or smaller, and the lower is plastic...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by eperform View Post
    Anybody looking for one I have 5 on backorder.
    Let us know when you get them in..
    any idea when?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

The lower end on the eBay outboard looks like a knock-off of the old Kyosho Dolphin plastic units... Plus, I e-mailed the seller about customer support for parts like flex shafts, etc. and he did not have, nor could he get them...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chinewalker View Post
    The lower end on the eBay outboard looks like a knock-off of the old Kyosho Dolphin plastic units... Plus, I e-mailed the seller about customer support for parts like flex shafts, etc. and he did not have, nor could he get them...
    Knock off
    their all chinese

yeah im gonna stick with the proboat stiletto them 5 radios how much for one?

Chinewalker is right, looks just like the Dolphin outdrive. It will never hold up.
    ProBoat Stiletto is the way to go. This thing is going to be so cool.
    Tom

Default Good Job Darin and Proboat

Stilletto is a REAL FE RACE BOAT. The eBay boat is not. Darin's eye for quality and workmanship is top notch.
    The clear hatch is really cool looking and caught my eye. I'm sure the production costs could be lower if they just painted it black, but they went with the clear. That's an obvious detail, but no doubt there are many tricky bits on this hull that are there to make it more competitive in race water.

I'm not a tunnel guy, but this is a really cool offering from Proboat.
    Hopefully this is a sign of the future direction of Proboat - Race-proven designs that don't need another $200 and 15 hours of labor to make them competitive.

Time to start thinking about next year's race budget...

I have to say Proboat has been slipping a bit with their quality control. It seems like every single Proboat our shop sells ends up having some sort of an issue. I know a few things are probably the idiots that buy them, but others are ridiculous. The canopy not having enough spacers to the magnet on a brand new Shockwave 26 to make contact, the flex cable shredding instantly on a brande new STOCK Formula Fastech, Widowmakers catching fire left and right, etc.... I mean I love their stuff, but I think they need to tighten the screws a bit on quality. And you know they know they have issues when you call customer service and tell them someone has a bad Proboat X....all you hear is "a replacement is on the way" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonez View Post
    Stilletto is a REAL FE RACE BOAT. The eBay boat is not. Darin's eye for quality and workmanship is top notch.
    The clear hatch is really cool looking and caught my eye. I'm sure the production costs could be lower if they just painted it black, but they went with the clear. That's an obvious detail, but no doubt there are many tricky bits on this hull that are there to make it more competitive in race water.

I'm not a tunnel guy, but this is a really cool offering from Proboat.
    Hopefully this is a sign of the future direction of Proboat - Race-proven designs that don't need another $200 and 15 hours of labor to make them competitive.

Time to start thinking about next year's race budget...

I'm looking to get one

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    And you know they know they have issues when you call customer service and tell them someone has a bad Proboat X....all you hear is "a replacement is on the way" lol
    Actually, as a dealer you should know that that's exactly how we handle almost every situation, for all our proprietary brands, and how we've done it for years and years.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

I see the ebay listing has been removed! Haha
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

I just ordered the pro boat stiletto 29 from Horizan Hobby. They say on web site late July. I love the looks of the boat, but have never driven a tunnel drive. I have a 25" artr from Kintec modified with a 540 motor. This boat is super quick and super stable even for me, a novice at boating.
    I never heard of Darin til I found this site. I can clearly see he is well respected in the industry. Not knowing much about boats and the honesty in which Darin passes on technical info about the boat led me to buy this boat knowing it will be a fun boat to drive. Thanks Darin! Awaiting more info on set up.

Looks like on the Horizon site, the Stiletto is delayed again. They're showing Late August now. Anyone know anything different?

What's new. Tired of being strung along by the RTR companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    What's new. Tired of being strung along by the RTR companies.
    I have to agree... if this is really the case, it blows. Really takes the wind out of the "sales", so to speak.

Not just the RTR companies that this happens to, however... How late is the 787 now??? Gotta love off-loaded manufacturing. Completely out of the companies control. Yah, that was a good idea!

Could be worse... Could be like, say, an iPhone 4, where it comes out on time, but doesn't work!

Have no idea what's going on, but I hope they get here soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast