Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/8th Scale Circus Circus FE Build

Newton has the plans for the Smokin Joes. I work with Autocad for work, and when I have free time available, I will fiddle with hydro plans. I take the newton plans, fix all the discrepancy's that hand drawing things causes, and then I have them on Cad so I can scale up, scale down, make changes, etc. We have a huge scanner as well that converts the paper plans to a .pdf file that I can drop into Autocad, from there is where I do the initial trace in. Then I can send my Autocad file to the laser cutter to get them cut out. He even supplys all the wood that I use (1/16th inch 3 ply, 1/8th inch 5 ply). I have the Newton Circus plans, and plan to finish scanning them in, and correcting all the little errors, but it will be another month or so before that is done as I am in no hurry since I have to build the '82 Executone boat, along with 2 others from the same framing plans. Here is what the boat will look like finished:

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    well call me picky or crazy but i look at the eliam and bud proboat and then i think of what a wood build circus would look like and ther is no comparison the lines and looks of the scale r just way better than the rounded proboat and i dont race i just love to rc i have heli trex 450 and 500 and team asscociated mgt 4.6 and bj26 and of course an hrp ct04 on back burner till i get more money that thing cost to build but yall convinced me im gonna order the circus plans unless you would be able to shrink down to 1/12 scale and email to me i can afford the 4 dollars to print at office depot if not i will spend 40 to newton and then figure out how to shrink and then reprint but im not to savy on that stuff just never did before it took me while to post picture of my hpr ct04 in my build thread thanks for the renewed inspiration though i think the 1/12 wood circus is what i need for now cheap to build and alrdy have parts to rob from bj to make her run thanks again

ps the problem with the newton plan is they gonna be on paper alrdy and i could work better if they we on file so i could just sent to memory card and bring to office depoe
    listen my friend gto newtons website and look up boats that fall under the u-31 hull then see if you can find a finlay plan of one of the boats tha cross reference with the u 31 then all u gotta do is scratchbuild your cowl. Scratcbuilding the cowl is something u may have to do even if you find plans.

Hey what part of nc you in. Wher u get the laser cutting done. Can't that executone be a squireshop or an oberto?See avery different boats same hull.

It makes these boats:

82 U-55 OH BOY! OBERTO
    82 U-8 EXECUTONE
    83 U-40 AMERICAN SPEEDY PRINTING (BLUE)
    83 U-40 AMERICAN SPEEDY PRINTING (WHITE, RED, YELLOW)
    83 U-100 MISS ROCK KISW
    83 U-40 MISS HOUSTON PICKLEFORK DEPTH 54 INCHES
    83 U-40 MISS HOUSTON (WHITE)
    84 U-40 RISLEY'S EXPRESS
    84 U-40 FRED LELAND SPECIAL
    84 U-40 TEAM VELOCITY 1984-ADDED JONES WINGS
    84 U-40 OH BOY! OBERTO
    85 U-100 MISS ROCK
    85 U-100 COOR'S LIGHT
    86 U-100 BOAT
    86 U-100 AA AUTO PARTS
    87 U-100 MISS ROCK
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Avery see what im saying that one hull with all those different topside variations.

i follow what you r saying i got the oh berto one and the atlas but they r the older version i guess cause they have the deck in middle come to far up if you look at circus deck it stop and then cockpit then the wing at tip of cockpit finlay doesnt have one like that see im looking for what i theink they call the twin wing but not sure but budweiser has one and the front wing is bigger than miss circus and the void between both is more to center either look ok to me cause that the ones i watched when i was teen and older so those are the style i like i builet the oh berto with construction paper and tape the past four days to ge a look 1/12 scale flimsy but it not right hull doesnt have wing deck go to far up probably to much to change to get the extra wing in there but yess thanks i got the concept of hull and put whatever cowl and cockpit yall r nice people nice to see there r still helpfull people around i try when i can as mater of fact i have to go now fix lawn mower for friend thanks again

try a u31 search and see what you come up with .

'82 Executone
    '83 Speedy Blueprinting
    '83 Miss Rock KISW

Sent them to a Laser cutter, and in less than a week, all my framing plans came back ready to start. I did have some frames come back the wrong thickness, once that is resolved, I will begin. It would have taken me a month to do this by hand for 3 hulls! Once I get templates for sheeting made, I will then get those laser cut as well. One thing at a time tho! Here is what the framing came back looking like. I am pretty impressed! All my future Gas Tunnels and other designs will be made this way in the future. They used Koskisen plywood as well, and that is a double positive! Mike

is the framing for a 1/12 or 1/8 SC ???

This is an 1/8th scale kit. I have the '55 Thriftway in 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale as well. I will be doing the Circus in 1/8th scale soon too, then the U3 Vacationville.com after that. I have plans for only those 4 boats right now, so that is where it will stop unless I have a request. Mike

well took your advice and started a build itl be right at 29 inches tip of sponson to transom and i modified the oh berto center section to look like the circdus starteed cutting frames today thanks

Good looking boats Mike.
    T.C.
    Last edited by T.C.; 06-04-2010 at 09:48 AM.

wanted: 12th scale 1989-90 u -31 in kit form or plans who can help?

I am working on my Circus plans right now. Will probably do 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale tho. Mike

I have looked at the boat several times. Now that I slowed a little and saw it is all paint......I must say great work!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Wow... I thought you did well on the tunnels... that Circus is BEAUTIFUL! I want one!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Isnt it?

I may be interested in a 1/10th circus myself.

well i have the center section together took one long day he i noticed on the circus right rear the side panel comes over back right corner and on left right corner there apears to be a little nuckle out right before transom is that intensional to help turn left or optical ilusion i dont know all tricks ect so is that optical or intensional i might want to do that to mine if help turn

ps thanks for talking me into building much more fun than getting an eliam also i used balsa for frame and ply for bottom and top like plans say is the balsagonna be strong enough

hey darin i did like your build on the eliam it ran real fast that what got me to looking cause i never realy like my bj26 so this hydro should be killer im hopeing

hey darin i did like your build on the eliam it ran real fast that what got me to looking cause i never realy like my bj26 so this hydro should be killer im hopeing
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

well i have the center section together took one long day he i noticed on the circus right rear the side panel comes over back right corner and on left right corner there apears to be a little nuckle out right before transom is that intensional to help turn left or optical ilusion i dont know all tricks ect so is that optical or intensional i might want to do that to mine if help turn

ps thanks for talking me into building much more fun than getting an eliam also i used balsa for frame and ply for bottom and top like plans say is the balsagonna be strong enough
    foam fill it before decking

Absolutely beautiful build. I am an avid RC enthusiast of 25+ years (and unlimited hydroplane fan) but have never owned a boat like this. I want one (or two!). I am a new member to this page/forum and would like to purchase one. New build or used 1/8 scale. Could you send me a message? Looking for some help from anybody in here. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12