Thread: Drew's SV

Default Drew's SV "FOR SALE"

THIS BOAT IS FOR SALE IN THE "SWAP SHOP"

I received it totally stock on Monday. This is what I have done so far, I have Glass and resin to do still but I wanted to get it laid out first so that i know I like where everything is. This is my first boat so let me know what you all think. BTW the radio tray is 1/8" Plexiglass. It fit perfectly into the slot that the stock box used in the back. I wanted it to be clear I think it looks a little cleaner that way. Receiver is in the foam on the starboard side sandwiched between 2 layers. This should be fairly water resistant should the need arise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg SV.jpg (184.2 KB, 118 views)
    Last edited by Drewmugx5t; 08-21-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: pic added

Hi Drew looks real good can't wait to get together and run What type of foam did you use Pool noodles work best and your Rx will fit right in the hole i've got some if you need it. Wiz

Its closed cell, that was part of packing for a tub we installed a while back. It floats and doesn't soak up water. Oh yeah I ordered some more batteries Wizard, some 5200 30C this time. Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that cooling jacket was so tight I couldn't get it on even without the o rings, I had to dremel off some material but its good now.

you have to use Associated Green slim LOL those pins have to be filed down

LOL, Thats crazy B/c that is what I grabbed first when it wouldn't go. I sanded down the inlet and outlet too since they protruded a little for maximum flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewmugx5t View Post
    LOL, Thats crazy B/c that is what I grabbed first when it wouldn't go. I sanded down the inlet and outlet too since they protruded a little for maximum flow.
    Very cool

When you 2 want to get together? All sundays, mondays and tuesdays im off of work... boats looking good!!!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Nice, you will eventually want to upgrade that water pick-up. The stock turn fin pick-up works(not so good)

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Nice, you will eventually want to upgrade that water pick-up. The stock turn fin pick-up works(not so good)
    I had problems with my stock rudder pick-up until I opened up the hole with a small file and rounded the lower leading edge of the rudder, after that it was SWEEEEEEEET lol....
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I opened up the hole in the rudder. the trim tab adjusters come with a pickup if I decide I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    When you 2 want to get together? All sundays, mondays and tuesdays im off of work... boats looking good!!!
    I can probably meet up Sunday. It kinda depends on whether or not I go to the nc champ series race Saturday. Its like 3 hours away so I will be worn out. Let me know if you are going and I'll try and make it work

Ran the boat again today for the 4th time and it ran perfectly this time with all the upgrades and setup tips everyone on here has given me. Very happy with my setup, only thing left is the hull reinforcing.

Cool! The sv is an awesome boat! Hours of fun!

Gutted it this evening. I'm going to build the rest of the radio tray etc. out of plexi. I saw someone else did it and I thought it looked cool. I'm sure it will be a tad heavier, but so is adding all that fiberglass and resin. Maybe the added weight down low will help stability.

Got some fiberglass from Home Depot to add a layer to the bottom and up the sides some. I used the kintec strips on the sides since it has a finished edge so that it looks clean. It took some time with the Dremel to remove all the excess epoxy from the original radio/ motor mount tray and battery boxes.

I got the plexi radio tray made, just need to let it set up. Almost done with it for now.

Default Finally done.

Got everything epoxied in the way I want it. Everything turned out pretty nice except some of my epoxy joints ran a little (oh well). Very happy so far and I will see how it runs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewmugx5t View Post
    Got everything epoxied in the way I want it. Everything turned out pretty nice except some of my epoxy joints ran a little (oh well). Very happy so far and I will see how it runs tonight.
    Nice work buddy, looks awesome!!!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

So how did it run Drew?

It ran well but I didn't check the cog. I think I was running a little wet. I was running my batteries with the back at the blue line, which is the middle one, I am going to run it in the morning at the rear line and see where I'm at.

I do think that the added weight made the boat slightly more stabile, but may have slowed its responsiveness in tight turns. before I could cut cut left quick then right, similar to initiating a drift in a car, and it would cut really fast to the right. Now it is much harder to do that.

On a side note the stock prop that came on my boat, used, was torn up. I have only been running the 40mm carbon prop that kintec sells.

I will report back tomorrow.

How much of the boat should be in the water when running top speed? It looked to me like there was about 6 to7 inches in the water to me. Seems to me that it was running about 5 inches in the water before. I think this is partially due to the fact that I was able to get so much reinforcement in the bottom of the hull. I was able to get the whole bottom except for the front 4 inches.

Make sure your trimtabs are neutral and so is your strut rudder tucked under a little, CG at
    7.5" to start with it should run loose may even want to blow over then start to move the battery's forward a little at a time till you find the sweat spot.

I forgot to ask are you running Lipos?

yeah. turnigy 5000 20-30c. I have some 5200 30-40c on the way from Hong Kong.

Haven't had time to run it so it needs to go. Check for it on the for sale thread.

Still for sale. New pics added today.