Thread: ProBoat Stiletto Videos

Default ProBoat Stiletto Videos

I'm going to start each new rc boat subforum with a video thread. I hope people will post videos only in this area. Lets keep questions in other thread, to keep this clean. Thanks!!

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Just for fun, here is a PodCast from Horizon that talks about, amonst other things, this new boat! Pretty cool!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Podcasts/
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

this mine running good at legg lake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wluDNiofuTc

that is running great..now if u can get it to turn around the cornor at any reasonable speed u will have it down.....i never could get it to turn hard with speed at all
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

oh it will turn at speed but its tricky, and i did not fancy having to get in the rowing boat and pick it up so i was just playing with it in a straight line to see if we had the balance right and i think its looking good, to get it to turn i have ease off the throttle let it settle a little then start feeding it back in untill its at full throttle thats how i do it but i still get it wrong sometimes and it either flips or pulls awesome doughnuts :-)

mine did the same thing...u have to let off and hope for the best in the turn or it spins out or turns into a submarine lol

My friends first outing with his stiletto. I have 1 also, but the flex snapped at the first battery pack...so no racing action here . -got the hp parts coming so it would stay in one piece.

Will be racing these with my friend soon and trying to start friendly racing class some day. -these are so cool compared to monos or cats!

sorry the video has sound issues

Pate

Guys... do yourselves a favor... on these outboards... open up the holes where the cable goes into the coupler, and also where it enters the stub-shaft... I think I opened mine up to 3/16" or so. Give the cable more room to fit without it rubbing, especially if you don't have your motor lined up JUST right.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks for the tip Darin, will check that the components are lined up perfectly and if needed dremel the coupler/stub a bit.
    -the boat was working fine for few minutes, but after I changed the stock prop to barr cut S220 the flex snapped. -but it was fast with that s220 for a minute!

Ordered these
    hpi-psa35_medium.JPG
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=hpi-psa35

hpi-dc1563s2_medium.JPG
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=hpi-dc1563s2
    (for both boats, hoping they fit).
    -does this stub also need drilling or the flex cutting?

Also got the 7/32 brass for the stuffing tube, hoping that is correct size...(no 1 ever mentioned the correct tube dia, only that the .187 flex is tight fit and I´m thinking that 7/32 is correct)

Pate
    Last edited by FastVee; 06-29-2011 at 06:14 PM.

i also snapped a flex shaft in mine and i used a hyperformance flex shaft with there stub and i did the brass stuffing tube like darin say's in his race prep thread on this boat i also made a oiler addapter to make maintance easier this way i can oil the shaft after every run i just use synthetic transmission fluid which seems to work great not had a problem with the flex shaft since mind you i regrease the shaft after everydays running then i can check for wear and tear.
    Once you hit the sweet spot on setup with these boats they are great fun still tricky to drive but fun, one thing i would do is remove the motor cover to let the motor get as much cool air as poss i did burn a motor out but i was running a very aggressive prop, hope you find the sweet spot soon.

As to the flex shaft if you ring hyperformance and ask the for the shaft with the black spiral line along its length it fits without cutting the other one that you ordered i believe you have to cut a small amount off the end

Default 5cell x440 prop low timeing

diggs thats moveing pretty well...is that the stock motor?

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    diggs thats moveing pretty well...is that the stock motor?
    all stock except 5mm bullets, and 5cell 30c4000mah, 3 blade x440, we'll see how long it last...

how much work is done to the 440/3? i tryed one and after 2 min it about melted the plastic battery compartment cover......

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    how much work is done to the 440/3? i tryed one and after 2 min it about melted the plastic battery compartment cover......
    its sharpend and balanced, but my friend runs the same setup with a raw prop with no problems, make sure you are on low timeing, it helps with heating issues, I was running a 42x55 2 blade and I was getting to much heat with a 4cell, till I changed the timeing to low, also we ran a 42x55 2 blade with a 5 cell for 3minutes to see what would happen, and it still is running, but who knows for how long...

cheify44,

thats running good what power setup you running motor,esc, batteries

well in that video its all standard apart from i put the brass stuffing tube in with oiler attachment that darin has recconmended, i also changed the shaft and outshaft to hyperformance parts, i was running a p220 s/b with turnigy nanotech 50004s1p 45/90c rated cells, timing was bumped up to high on the proboat 1800kv motor, next thing i am going to try is a 120amp esc with a ul-1 motor 2030 kv. More details of my setup can be found in darins thread 'what setup works for you'
    Socal Fe member, miss gieco castle 1515 1y t-180, blackjack29 stock,insane FE30 p sport castle 1515 1y t-180, insane FE30 p spec ul-1 motor t-120, insane 34"mono neu 1521 1.5d t-180

Default take a ride in my stiletto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK51o...e_gdata_player. Chasing around another Stiletto with mine
    Last edited by Driggs; 08-08-2011 at 10:43 PM.

This is a quick vid of mine taken on my iphone, for some reason youtube kill the quality of the vid but you get the idea. Stock apart from an x640 prop- not my best driving!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2fbxfxVFLM

Hi guys hope im in the right place, I just got a pro boat f1 took me ages to get it to bind took it out today its got vitually no steering throw I am using a DX3E the tranny has been set to max steering on all controls the titanic could turn in a smaller circle the cables have little slack, whats wrong amy help appreciated. KEVIN

Default onboard video

some on board footage, even some underwater shot at Black Park in Slough U.K. Boat is stock, running on 2x 2s 5000 45c thunder power lipo's
    first time doing the video stuff so not the best you will see

Tom
    Last edited by Griff; 10-11-2011 at 01:57 PM.

My Stiletto up here in Canada;

ul1 power with aquacraft 60amp speedcontroller. nano-tech 4 cell 5000mAh 45-90C battery all the way back in tray with speed controller tray removed. X440/3 detongued. motor mount modified for more height. motor pitch about neutral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwmOLJSaLE4
    Last edited by GixerGuy1978; 12-20-2013 at 02:27 AM.