Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve, you need a new forum! Proboat Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    The add says you use two 2s packs . Can you use a single 4s instead, or will it effect the handling of the boat ?.
    I tested the boat with both two 2S packs, and a single 4S pack. ThunderPower 40C 5000 mah hard case packs in both cases. Balance point was nearly identical, and the handling was good in both cases. That was also with the original, prototype outboard, which was much heavier than the final production unit, so I expect using a single 4S pack should work even better on a production boat.

I'm hoping my boat will be here sometime this week. As soon as it's here, I'll do my typical thread with pictures and more info.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

It states it is a bind-n-drive package. Do you know what rx unit will be factory installed? It also states it will be usable with the 2.4ghz specktrum.

You can use a 4S pack but it moves the CG forward a little.

They actually discuss this on the podcast from last Thursday (5/27) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Podcasts/

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

MR3000 receiver.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

They actually discuss this on the podcast from last Thursday (5/27) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Podcasts/

Andy
    Andy i have the spektrum pro module for a m8. Will the marine reciver work with that module ?. I tried to listed to the pod cast. But you have to listen th the whole thing. You can't adavance to the portion of the show with the boat talk. Can you touch on what they said ?.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
    I will do a full writeup and posting of pics for everyone once I get the boat in my shop. That way the weight of all the components will be as produced. The outboard I originally tested with was a bit heavier than the production unit is, so we'll see where the final battery positions end up. LOTs of room in the battery box to shift things around...

I'm hoping it'll arrive today.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

you can right click and download it to your mp3 player

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    Andy i have the spektrum pro module for a m8. Will the marine reciver work with that module ?. I tried to listed to the pod cast. But you have to listen th the whole thing. You can't adavance to the portion of the show with the boat talk. Can you touch on what they said ?.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    you can right click and download it to your mp3 player
    I do not have a MP3 player .

well then you can download it to your computer and play it and adjust it to whatever portion you want to listen to
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

hey fellas, new to the board here, anyhow been following this thread since it started AWSOME boat, just wondering a few things, video is great love the speed and the handling of the boat, what size is the can of the motor ? 540 550 just wondering about possible upgrades for a little more speed or can a 5s be run with this set up?
    also since im new to boats, does the esc run an external BEC like 1/8 E buggy or truggy?

Welcome to the board. Best to run it stock and learn to drive it before updating. It should be plenty fast for just about anyone.

Excessive speed is not always your friend.

This is going to be very cool. Comes with an MR3000? That rocks! I've had my DX3S for 2 weeks now and I love it!
    Can't wait to get my hands on that outboard. I already have a few other boats I want to try it out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I will do a full writeup and posting of pics for everyone once I get the boat in my shop. That way the weight of all the components will be as produced. The outboard I originally tested with was a bit heavier than the production unit is, so we'll see where the final battery positions end up. LOTs of room in the battery box to shift things around...

I'm hoping it'll arrive today.
    Darin, is makes sense that you would get the boat sooner, just hoping yours comes as part of a larger shipment !! chuckle. The long wait until the end of June begins.......maybe , just maybe it will come sooner than stated???

Will this boat bind to a DX6i ?
    cuz I do have that radio and that could work
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

got mine on order will be here soon as it hits the LHS i get the first one.

Well i wonder what radio we can bind it to my tactic 2.4 i got like 5 radios one of them should work huh DARIN ?

Steve when will OSE have them? I know it will probably be tough to get at first... Is there a pre order line? Haven't ever had a tunnel... always been considering one.... since the company who got me hooked on r/c boats with their bj26 bl is coming out with one I owe it to them to sign up for one...... I'm havin' it!

I'll run it on 4s for awhile then put a larger esc in and try 5s...... like I did with my BJ.... if its anything like that motor it will take it and come back cool as a cucumber:)

Oh, by the way Darin, Props to you helping to bring a beauty of a boat to us all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god I kept my dx3.0.... I knew there was a reason....

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Will this boat bind to a DX6i ?
    cuz I do have that radio and that could work
    Yes. MR3000 will bind to any of the aircraft transmitters, but Marine transmitters like the DS3E won't bind to ARxxxx (aircraft) receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by mike robson
    Well i wonder what radio we can bind it to my tactic 2.4 i got like 5 radios one of them should work huh DARIN ?
    No, with 2.4 you always need to stay with the same name brand. The only exception is JR and Spektrum work together.

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD
    Thank god I kept my dx3.0.... I knew there was a reason....
    Hopefully it was one of the newer ones with the Marine capability (boat logo on the sticker). If not, you will need to use a Surface (car) receiver. For that I recommend the SR3100.

Andy

Sweet! I didn't have the knowledge or time to setup the boat I have always wanted. A brushless Tunnel Hull ready to run! For less than $500!
    This boat will probably get me back in!

Thanks!

Estimated ship date has changed from end of June to mid July.

Revised. Still mid-July..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12