Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leopard Hobby 4-Pole CC/Neu Clones

Exclamation Leopard Hobby 4-Pole CC/Neu Clones

Looks like "Leopard Hobby" has copied the CC/Neu line of motors. Might even be from the same factory, who knows? Anyways, Looks like they have a broader/different array of kv's than Castle sells not to mention what seems to be a 56mm OD x 92mm length powerhouse?
    Here's a link to their site. If anyone knows any more info/ finds feedback post it up!

Last edited by supafastsupra2; 05-25-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: pictures added

I feel like HK is more innovative lately than copiers. I'd bet they're from the same manufacturer. A lot ou US companies have been importing lately!

Very cool man!
    I don't see any prices but they look just like the Castle motors
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

http://toyabipro.com/product_188.html
    this one is 1515 size priced around $90, surely will become cheaper if HK imports them. The high price leads me to believe its the real deal.
    http://toyabipro.com/product_189.html
    1512 for $84 availible 1400kv, and the 1800kv and 2700kv that castle offers.

What 90 bucks!
    I'm wanting to build a 45" twin brushless hydro and two of those on 5s should be flippin sick!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

More copies of a copy. Remember,.............you get what you pay for..................................http://www.himodel.com/electric/XERU..._1_8_Cars.html

John
    Change is the one Constant

More copies of a copy. Remember,.............you get what you pay for..................................http://www.himodel.com/electric/XERU..._1_8_Cars.html

John

So, in that case, they should be excellent compared to say.... a Feigao? Don't dis it till you try it. My Castle/N eu's are as good as any Neu I've owned. And much more inexpensive.

I'll wait to see how the Hobby King's Big Mono fairs with one of those 40mm jobs in there.

We will hear in the forums within a few weeks of how well these motors can move a 41" mono.
    Nortavlag Bulc

BTW, those Turnigy Outrunners are pretty sweet, 1100 KV, 100A @ 25.9V (7S) = 2590 Watts,

Dude, for $35....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    So, in that case, they should be excellent compared to say.... a Feigao? Don't dis it till you try it. My Castle/N eu's are as good as any Neu I've owned. And much more inexpensive.
    No dis'n. Just warning the obvious. I cant say the same about the castle/neu's. While I only have one castle/ neu 2000kv motor it does not perform the same as any 1515 "Y" series I own. Your mileage may vary but the Neu's are better in my hulls unless I need an LMT. Then again I like to run with every ounce of performance.

John

I do agree with M4A1 on this. Altough I have different experience in the power of a castle/neu compared to a true neu, and find the castle variant, if anything, have the same if not more power than a Neu. (comparing my castle/neu 1512 to a neu 1512)

I only posted the thread up because they're offering different kv's otherwise not available through Castle (at least not at this point in time) and would surely be usable by us boat guys. Definitely going to be waiting on a review/test of that 41" mono from HK.

But who is copying who?

There is not a 2000kv Castle/Neu. The 1515 is 2200kv. I own 2 of which in every way perform as well as the 2 Neu 1515 1y's Ive owned. I actually am currentl running them on 5s with x447 props in a twin cat with very little heat. I dont know if we can reall call a motor a copy. I mean, Brushless motors all really have the same design with the obvious variants in windings/poles, etc and quality of the parts. It's like saying that a lipo is a copy of another.

can someone buy the 730KV model listed here and let me know how it goes

4880 watts = 6.5HP

http://www.leopardhobby.com/product/...ionID=01020202
    Matt.
    FE, Nitro and Gas racing in Auckland
    www.rcboats.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    There is not a 2000kv Castle/Neu. The 1515 is 2200kv. I own 2 of which in every way perform as well as the 2 Neu 1515 1y's Ive owned. I actually am currentl running them on 5s with x447 props in a twin cat with very little heat. I dont know if we can reall call a motor a copy. I mean, Brushless motors all really have the same design with the obvious variants in windings/poles, etc and quality of the parts. It's like saying that a lipo is a copy of another.
    Wow. A typo. What a loss to the RC world. The castle/neu 2200kv is not the same as a 1515/1Y. Doesnt matter what you think. Post some empirical data to show your testing. Even OSE states the motors are not the same. Open end bell design for heat removal. No clear statement of what the castle/neu are made of for comparison? Got a chinese factory you would like to list? Like the iron and the magnets? The Neu's are made in the USA. The quality rivals the Europeans at a lesser cost. You got some nerve.

John

LOL. Take it easy man. Buy what you want. And yes, I do have some nerve. The data is in the performance. Which I am happy with. They PERFORM in real world testing as well as my Neu's did. Believe it, or don't, I could care less.

Maybe we should not compare the NEU as we know where they are made...right here...we think...but Castle is a different story. It has been well known that they made over there...but with Steve's specs. I doubt they are too close. Steve has his own knowledge of what really is demanded from a motor...sure they could be close.

Guess we will see.

You know,........it took me 5 years pf playing with the cheap chi crap to realize what Jay was saying back then.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

My hat is off to you Jay. You were right and I was wrong. I'm trying to educate them.

John

Yes...but if they are just shy of the same performance then who is right? $ vs $

We all know there are plenty out there ripping designs...we have are own right here in the USA.

My boats are full of that "cheap chi crap." Turnigy lipos, Seaking esc's, Castle/Neu motors, Feigao motors. I choose to run components that I have had good results with. I try less expensive things and if results are good, then I have no need to splurge. How do those quality USA Castle Hydra controllers seem to be doing lately? Do we call them cheap US crap?

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    Wow. A typo. What a loss to the RC world. The castle/neu 2200kv is not the same as a 1515/1Y. Doesnt matter what you think. Post some empirical data to show your testing. Even OSE states the motors are not the same. Open end bell design for heat removal. No clear statement of what the castle/neu are made of for comparison? Got a chinese factory you would like to list? Like the iron and the magnets? The Neu's are made in the USA. The quality rivals the Europeans at a lesser cost. You got some nerve.

John
    I don't mean to offend you, as you seem like you're experienced in the FE world... but there is no appreciable difference in the performance of the Steve Neu Motors to their Castle Neu equivalents. Notice that the Castle's are larger in dimension than the Neu's comparing any Castle equivalent to one (1515 to 1515 etc.). The Neu's are obviously built more efficiently in size to power ratio (probably tighter windings or i could be wrong and the Castles simply made up for lack of cooling holes with a larger cooling surface area).

But comparing motor for motor, they put out just about the same power in my experience. Any difference in performance for the majority of people is neglibible and could only be noticed in a SAWs boat if anything. I have also noted that the Castle motors have a more notchy feel; it is my understanding Mr. Neu did this on purpose on his motors and do not know its effects on the motor's torque. To my knowledge, the only difference between the Castle/Neu rotors is that the Castle's are Kevlar wrapped instead of CF.

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    You know,........it took me 5 years pf playing with the cheap chi crap to realize what Jay was saying back then.

Sounds like your minds already made up John, if it comes from china, it must be crap, is what I get from that statement.

5 years ago, I probably would have agreed with you, Now, after racing (and winning) using "cheap chi crap" as you put it, I will quite happily use some of it. While I agree, some is crap, some is not. There good stuff coming out of china now, 5 years ago.... not so much, hating on something because of its manufacturing origin I just don't understand.

as an example I personally would not ever buy a castle ESC, no encourage anyone to buy one, too many of them just burn for no apparent reason.. I have a 120amp Hextronic ( cheap chi crap ) that I just cannot kill, have been abusing it for 4 years now...
    Matt.
    www.rcboats.co.nz

Funny how some think if they spend 2x or 3x the money they get better products that will outlast and outrun the cheaper priced items
    where do the components of the high dollar items come from?
    put together in the US, but...

and why are some already ripping these motors apart when not one person on this site has run one?

One thing, I've been in contact with a distributor on this motor.
    They are saying its a 2 pole motor.
    But, It could be possible that they just don't know what they have.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

in the right hand side they have a 2 and a 4 pole category ...
    Matt.
    www.rcboats.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by crabstick View Post

in the right hand side they have a 2 and a 4 pole category ...
    Thats good news.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default Infinity 4 Pole motors

Heres another family of knockoffs (Trinity?) these new 4 poles look interesting.

They come in 39, 43 & 54mm dia cans Nice big hefty motors at a great Great price!

http://www.okhobby.com/category.php?id_category=4&p=4

the specs on this one for a 6S setup look incredible!
    http://www.okhobby.com/product.php?id_product=1159
    ~~~~~~~~`Mach 5 racing'~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ****2008/9 MMEU LSO, 2008 LSH CHAMP****
    ~~~~~~~70 MPH Club Member!~~~~~~~~~

One a side note, one thing China is known for is taking a bid to make a product for another country and using that knowledge to make a better version they sell themselves as their own design. Then once they get market control of that product, they slowly cheapen it up till it's a decoration.

This is not new, it's been going on for decades or more. It's well known in the aerospace industry, especially when working with DOD or any US Proprietary design data, that even talking with a Chinese national regarding any design is considered and ITAR violation. There were actually special red lines drawn on the floors they they had to stay within 10 feet of at all times.

Any and all sensitive government design knowledge has been historically withheld from the Chinese for just this reason. Which is why there have been some major problems with China trying to build Helicopters and parts for Russia. The US won't give up the design info for any Chinese factory to build.

Basically, if a US Company has a Chinese company build something for them, the Chinese government takes that information and has their own version built. Google found this out first hand. There was a search filter software in WA a couple years back that China completely ripped off, even leaving their name in the code and deployed as their own with all new computers... Dell was having a choice of employing the software or leaving the China market. It's just how they do business. Remember, it's a communist country.

Back to the knock off motors... They may be just as good... might even be better at some point... and will most likely have really bad clones mixed in there somewhere unexpectedly...

.... carry on ....
    ________
    DRUZE ADVICE
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:50 PM.

just tagging this tread.
    this is interesting reading :D

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast