Thread: frenzy 370

Default frenzy 370

i started getting tired of the speed of my wildcat and i had some frenzy motors from a mlst i had. i put them in with the esc and reciever that came stock in the mlst and gave the boat a test drive. it was much faster but after 5 min. my boat suddenly stopped. my girlfriend pushed me in with her boat and when i opened the hatch i noticed my battery and connector to the esc was melted.

i used the battery that came with the wildcat.

can someone tell me what i did wrong i'm thinking i didn't use the right battery for the esc or something like that.

I melted the connector to the battery/esc on my proboat minicat. If they are anything like the proboats then replace the connector with something like a deans connector. Things get a little hotter when you add more powerful motors! And usually the stock connectors are inadequate.

i got my boat running i put some deans connectors on and i am using a 1600 mah venom battery. the only problem i have now is i had to put my battery on one side of the boat to help againt the prop torque, it was causing the boat to turn to the right. any advice for counter rotating props i should get?

Quote Originally Posted by turboed13b View Post
    i got my boat running i put some deans connectors on and i am using a 1600 mah venom battery. the only problem i have now is i had to put my battery on one side of the boat to help againt the prop torque, it was causing the boat to turn to the right. any advice for counter rotating props i should get?
    Where did you get your Frenzy motors ? Can you post a picture of how you modified the stock ESC and of your battery placement.

Thanks !

You cant run counter rotating props unless you reverse the rotation of one of the motors, and change one of the flex shafts to one that is wound the opposite way. I dont think this has been done yet in the wildcat, nor am I sure if it can be done with the stock speed control or the availability of a reverse rotation shaft. If I were you I would replace the stock props with smaller ones. Something like a pair of octura x427's. This will significantly reduce any torque roll and allow your new higher rpm motors to "rev-up" more.