Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Project Genesis!

Thanks great idea,the instructions said high humidity helps speed up process.I did about 2" in my throw away hull last night and it worked great.I shoved a screwdriver way in and no sticky residue left behind.My EKOS hull might have lasted longer if I would have done this first,supports that flimsy hull quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Igoreski View Post
    Thanks great idea,the instructions said high humidity helps speed up process.I did about 2" in my throw away hull last night and it worked great.I shoved a screwdriver way in and no sticky residue left behind.My EKOS hull might have lasted longer if I would have done this first,supports that flimsy hull quite a bit.
    It's so sad to have such an awesome license with a real team and put such time and effort into such flimsy fiberglass. So close, but just off the mark....

Igor, I think you're going about it the right way with reinforcement and flotation. Don't forget to reinforce the windows.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

I am trashing my EKOS hull and using it as a test dummy for hull foam and other things and then I will throw it away.The new Daytona thankfully does not have windows as you know and yes I did blow the windows out on a 50+ mph submarine dive on the EKOS.That boat was an expensive mistake that I did learn a lot on.I want this one to be fun and reliable.

The minimal expanding foam worked great.The 3rd application expanded just beyond the opening and when hardened I cut it flush with a razor knife.I then put a thin layer of fiberglass creating a waterproof bulkhead.The front half of this thing is rock solid and is still light.I also used fiberglass to fill the void where the rudder attaches to the transom.Then I drilled and tapped 4mm threads into transom and used the larger 4mm SS screws on the rudder.Total length is now 40"

I have a question..
    would offsetting the strut about 1/4" to the right help this boat corner and be a little more stable when I drop in a CC1520 on 6s?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I have a question..
    would offsetting the strut about 1/4" to the right help this boat corner and be a little more stable when I drop in a CC1520 on 6s?
    thanks
    I had a Neu 1520 1.5d in my Genesis and couldn't get the boat to handle well much into the 60's. As a single, the hull really seems to like about 45-55mph.

I'm thinking about setting one up with a 1717 air motor to see if I can get one sorted and stable.

Wonder if using a bigger rudder would help? The stock 115mm tapered rudder just seems a bit small.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    I had a Neu 1520 1.5d in my Genesis and couldn't get the boat to handle well much into the 60's. As a single, the hull really seems to like about 45-55mph.

I'm thinking about setting one up with a 1717 air motor to see if I can get one sorted and stable.

Wonder if using a bigger rudder would help? The stock 115mm tapered rudder just seems a bit small.
    Well I'm wanting to try mine out on 6s and possibly try out one of your esc's and run upto 8s on a CC1520!
    I wonder though if I offset the strut about 1/8" to 1/4", if that will help settle the boat at faster speeds
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Well I'm wanting to try mine out on 6s and possibly try out one of your esc's and run upto 8s on a CC1520!
    I wonder though if I offset the strut about 1/8" to 1/4", if that will help settle the boat at faster speeds
    That's one for the experts. I've never tried angling the strut. I've had some bent ones that were pretty annoying though.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112