Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wholy crap! New traxxas 50MPH brushless boat!!

traxxas said it's not the stuff used for there other boats hulls it's a new methode and they said you wont want it to be fiber glass after seeing it.

Seen this on another board.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    So, imagine, if you will... a pair of Velineon power systems, each powered by a standard 2S/3S ESC, all going through a 2 into 1 gearbox.

Then each ESC would only see 2S or 3S... Would carry 6S, but it would be split between two motors...

Hmmmm.... Just guessing... They may have actually built new stuff, but this would nicely utilize stuff they already have...
    They did say it is a whole new system...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

46 seconds of the video presenter is explaining what material this hull is made off....

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    9 seconds in, says it comes w/ the velineon power system? Know nothing about those to comment
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7X83Rm5sU

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers (not this specific motor, just for reference)
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    traxxas said it's not the stuff used for there other boats hulls it's a new methode and they said you wont want it to be fiber glass after seeing it.

Seen this on another board.
    Got a link to that statement? I would like to look!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    46 seconds of the video presenter is explaining what material this hull is made off....

spoke with Traxxas today and asked about the new boat, and was told Abs was the choice to build even though all other manufactures are doing theirs in fiber glass. cost was a factor according to them. i think that's a whole lot of crap. Thunder tiger did it with glass for about the same cost!

https://www.thundertiger4u.com/store...idProduct=7557
    Last edited by mappo; 05-12-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Very interested in looking under the hood of this boat. I see in the vid that it has some type of stinger drive with a metal prop. Rudder standoff looks nice from a distance. Not a fan of the one piece bent over fins...and a different color...maybe different on the production mode. But I hope they do something on the graphics. You can see the orange peel wrinkles on the transom, not a good look.

$400 for 50mph speed, 2.4 ghz and the traxxas warranty.... I am game. Wish they would look at something different in design. Everything has been a vee hull from them.

Now double up the systems or run a gearbox setup as Darin spoke of earlier and put it in a villain and that would be quite an interesting ride. I sense some future builds...

Scotty - Skunk Works -
    Stay in front and don't get sprayed!

One more thought. This setup will handle 6s. Traxxas markets their own batteries and connectors. Does this mean that Traxxas will be getting into the lipo market also? I bet yes as it will help reduce risk of warranty returns and replacements. I would look for more info on this also.

Scotty - Skunk Works -
    Stay in front and don't get sprayed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    And don't forget this video I posted in the thread I started here, has a good 50mph pass on it..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7X83Rm5sU
    and so many people already dissing this boat
    I started the thread on the 8th and it already has over 150 replies
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14451
    I dont know why thats a sharp boat. And traxxas makes good stuff. Ive had a tmax and I have a revo now.

It sure looks to handle really well.

I agree with Darin Jordan. Traxxas already has a proven brushless system. I don't think they will be out with an all new motor with 40mm X 75mm can. It takes 2500+ watts to push a 36" boat to 50 + mph... my DF33 tops out at 60 mph and that takes a 1521 neu on 6s to get it there. Two 1500 watt motors could do the same thing...but it does say in the video that it has an all new system - if it is direct drive that will be one heck of a motor !
    Last edited by RCKong; 05-12-2010 at 10:47 PM.

I just watched that video again. The announcer says that the 30+mph speed is already the fastest RTR speed you can buy. I know I'm nit picking but I wish all the manufacturers would just let the product speak for itself some times.

I concur. Brushless twins on a 2 to 1 gearbox would be pretty potent

Quote Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
    Please no gear boxes! There just isn't a need for it any longer.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Xfactor View Post
    before Traxxas came out with the brushless Emaxx and Revo, they did a twin VXL, and that setup did not come close in power and simplicity as the MMM Castle/Neu
    but it was cool to see a twin brushless in a monster truck
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Got a link to that statement? I would like to look!
    Copied from RCU from a traxxas guy on the board.

The new boat is AWESOME, and that's the RC guy in me talking, not the Traxxas guy. Anticipated price is $400, but that's not locked in. The graphics will change too, anything currently on the web is pre-production stuff. Looks cool, but not final. And we don't have a name yet.

The ABS hull is unlike anything else you've experienced, and gives up nothing to a 'glass hull.

The brushless system is designed specifically for this boat, it's not a retuned version of our car system 9or any car system). It's watercooled and waterproof, and built to handle 6S.

I can't wait until the official release...you're gonna dig it!

Pete

pvieira(at)traxxas.com

< Message edited by PeterTRAXXAS -- 5/10/2010 6:59 PM >

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0nmCEGVZb
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Ah Ha... I too listened to the video several times and it says it has a direct drive setup with flexshaft, and several HP traxxas motor, with waterproof speedy nice... and the hull looks and rides good in the water. HMMM I bet it can go faster...

Regardless of the power system, I'd be interested to know of the 36" length given is the real hull length, or with hardware?

If it includes hardware, then I think it's safe to assume that the hull would be in the 33-34" range, which would be great for NAMBA/IMPBA racing. Anytime there is another hull choice out there that might help bring people into the racing world, I'm excited.

MORE of you need to get involved in the racing. You'll learn more, and have more fun, and make MORE friends, that you EVER will sport hopping! It's really not that much of a major committment, and it's a ton of fun!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Amen Darin. I was really nervous about racing but once you get to know the guys your racing with it's just crazy gobs of fun. Every time a heat ends we have to yell at the guys to bring their boats in because they're too busy yapp'n about the heat. Usually giggling like children.

I was thinking about those old FDM32 plastic hulls. Those came with a slick frame assembly you dropped in to stiffen the whole thing up. They could do the same thing with this. A well placed inner liner with stringers formed into them could make it pretty sturdy.

We could also add some CF if needed

Yeah, even a couple cheapo aero shafts could make a difference.

If they're hitting 50 I wonder what someone with some prop expertise could squeeze out of it.

Hope they don't use those KB45 motors because they sucks.
    Stiletto tunnel,EPV135 (53") twin cat, CT06"Spirit of Qatar", FD 47" mono, Twin Mini Cat 23.5"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12